Legacy 2015 Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in week 9. That was crazy fast!! Keep it up guys, we will get extra seasons in at this pace. We have one user game this week but I think Hokie is gone because he is on auto so you will pry be playing CPU.

Game of the Week:

#11 Oregon (Hokie Effect) @ #1 Alabama (Cnic75)

*Update screwed up*

Next ADV NO Later than TUESDAY at 3pm EST

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

98 OVR (RS)Senior RB Pierre Humphrey tore his rotator cuff and will miss the rest of the season. More on this later...

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I will be back Tuesday and could play 9pm est if you guys don't mind waiting. If not go ahead and play the cpu...

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Impressive.

===

Virginia Tech destroyed Boston College.

Gardner and Sharpe both had interceptions. Hicks threw for 5 TDs. Freeman rushed for over 100 yards. Boston College was held scoreless.

This game was over from the get go.

5. Hova

#7 USC 35
    Cal 21

USC wins the rivalry game verse Cal at home. The game was close throughout with USC pulling out in the end. Player of the Game honors go to WR Alvarez who returned on fire from his injury with 176 yards and 1 TD. QB Stanley also passed for over 300 yards and threw no INTS. USC goes on a BYE Next week before hosting Washington.

6. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 37
    Oregon - 6

Alabama used the ground game to win today. The Crimson Tide rushed for 249 yards and 4 TDs. Adam Brown led the way with 96 yards on 23 carries and 3 TDs. Jamie Ross contributed 97 yards on the ground while passing for 181 yards and 1 TD. He was sacked 4 times though. Matt Miles had his worst game of the season; only catching 4 balls for 49 yards.

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan 34
    Illinois 20

The Wolverines used timely defense and some big plays through the air to notch a win against the Illini. Alan Martin threw three TDs.

8. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#3 Georgia 37
    Florida 7

The defense was dominant again, holding Florida below 200 yards. QB Zach Brown led the offense, throwing for 259 yards and 3 TD on only 13 attempts. The running game is still having trouble firing on all cylinders.

9. Hova

3 slackers ruined our 8 hour advance LOL [​IMG]

10. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

So I guess we weren't willing to wait, oh well. Thanks for not running up the score. From the lloks of your roster you probably could have put 60 on the board. Looks like I need to work on my run defense.....

11. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Maryland 27
    Florida St 52

Maryland made this a game for a while. The opened up the game with a 71 yard TD pass just 30 seconds in. FSU made a switch at starting HB for the game. Kevin Lester has been playing hurt and had not been effective. In steps Joe Hill. Hill showed his stuff last week going for 160 yards and 3 TD on just 8 carries. Hill did not disappoint. Hill scored 3 first half TD's and provided the spark we had been missing in the running game. Thanks to Hill we pushed out lead to 35-14 at halftime. Maryland was not about to give up. The forced a pair of quick turnovers, returning a fumble for a TD. On the ensuing kick off it appeared as if the Terps had just got a 3rd straight turnover when the recovered a fumble, but that call would be overturned. The Seminoles were able to put together a drive that ended in a FG, slowing the Maryland momentum. The was enough to end any comeback hopes and FSU was able to finish out the game.

Scott Jones became the school's all-time leader in TD passes in this game. He surpasses Chris Weinke's record of 79.

Key Stats:

QB Scott Jones 389 yards 3 TD
    HB Joe Hill 91 yards 3TD
    WR Victor Simpson 7 receptions 151 yards 2TD
    WR Eric Carter 4 receptions 74 yards 1TD
    WR Roy Hall 4 receptions 105 yards

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will play my game this afternoon or evening, about to head back to Columbus in next 1-2 hours.

13. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Sorry about us not waiting. We are in warp speed mode on the advancing. Do you guys realize that we started week 4 on Monday and by this Monday we should be on week 10? That is pretty insane but I love it.

I don't think I could have put up 60. Your defense pressured me all game; forcing me to run the ball. That really got me out of my comfort zone.

14. Hova

Ya man we would have been all ready to advance by tonight, I would have simmed my own game rather than be idle for almost 3 days.

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Think Masler has the only game left and AJ may need to recruit.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Sorry I took so long, been a crazy weekend at work. Anyway...

#21 Miami - 48

North Carolina - 34

Miami outlasts Tar Heels

It was the classic duel of the quarterbacks as Jamar Young and the QB from UNC duked it out in Chapel Hill. Both went over 400 yards passing and had at least 3 TD tosses. Blake Weber came off his worst game in his career to have possibly the best. Twice he was wide open with no one around him and twice he used his speed to take it to the house (usually he drops the damn pass). The game started off with UNC fumbling the ball and then all hell broke lose and 37 total points were scored in the first quarter alone. Miami would take the 34-20 lead into halftime but UNC wouldn't give up and forced Miami to fight for the win, which they did very well.

Miami earns a bowl with their 6th win of the season as they go to 6-2 (5-1). Up next is Virginia Tech in what is sure to be a high scoring, heated battle in Blacksburg.

Stats

J. Young - 20/28, 454 yards, 4 TD
    P. Brooks - 4/10, 86 yards, TD

J. George - 15 Att, 88 yards, TD

D. O'Connor - 6 Rec, 138 yards, TD
    C. Patterson - 6 Rec, 78 yards, TD
    B. Weber - 5 Rec, 189 yards, 2 TD
    D. Bass - 5 Rec, 137 yards, TD