Legacy 2015 Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in week 9. 2 user games this week.

Next ADV no later than FRI at 10 PM EST, lets roll

2. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

[​IMG][​IMG]
    31-14
    Arguably the two best teams in the NCAA faced off last night in Georgia. A battle of two undefeated powerhouses in separate conferences featured a tight first half followed up with Michigan state pulling away in the 2nd half. The story behind Sparty's big win here is the performance by SR QB Cook. The Senior Captain led his team to the big W by marching down the field with a devastating aerial assault throwing for 362 yards and 2 TDs with an 18/22 completion performance. Georgia Tech had no answer to the passing game, but they sure did stop the run. The Sparty team averaged 1.6 yards per rush, forcing them to become 1 dimensional. In Cook's eyes, that wasnt a problem ;)
    The 1st quarter was comprised of marching down the field and turning the ball over, for both teams. The Spartans ended the 1st with a long drive capped off with a 2 yard run by HB Blankenship, who ended the day with 2 TDs and 64 yards. Georgia Tech would retaliate with a 38 yard touchdown pass to WR Autry in the 2nd, but Michigan State ended the half with a 8 yard touchdown strike to WR Caesar with 8 seconds left on the clock. The 2nd half was all Michigan State, as they scored 17 unanswered points after Georgia Tech began the 2nd half with a huge 80 yard touchdown run.​
    Sparty's defense really stepped up in the 2nd half. The D-Line went wild and sacked the opposing QB Thomas 5 times while forcing bad passes and creating turnovers. The turning point in this game was a huge 91 yard bomb to WR Burbridge with 6 minutes left in the game, increasing Michigans lead 28-14. Georgia Tech couldnt seem to find their rhythm offensively and Michigan State capitalized on their aerial assault.​
    Good Game Gyrene76
    Stats​
    Cook 18/22 362 2 TD 3 Int
    Blankenship 20 carries 64 yards 2 TD
    Burbridge 7 rec 175 yards 1 TD
    Caesar 7 Rec 107 yards 1 TD
    Heath 2 Sacks
    Hines 2 sacks
    Thomas 10/16 108 yards 1 TD 2 Int
    Rogers 11 carries 122 yards 1 TD
    Curtis 2 sacks

3. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

GG man...

First lost I've had in a while on NCAA. My secondary is the weakest part of my team, and your star QB and WR exposed that. Cover 3 wouldn't even stop the streaks.

Maybe see you in the NC.

4. Brandon S.

Got to love that 99 Accuracy by my QB. But i really want a QB that has more THP. Feels like that guy has a noodle arm.

5. Brandon S.

Going to post my game vs Cal from a few weeks ago as well. Havent had time to do it until today with the Hurricane and all.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Cal.PNG
    Well this one wasn't as lopsided as it appeared. Michigan State jumped out to a big 14-0 lead to start the game thanks to the arm of Cook, but that was all the offense could do the entire game. This proved to be a defensive battle between two very good teams. Trailing 14-0 Cal scored a big 52 yard TD run to cut the lead to 14-7. The Golden Bears would go on to stop Sparty's offense but the defense stepped up and returned an interception 58 yards to bring Michigan States lead to 21-7. However, QB Boehm connected with WR Harper on a 54 yard strike that would bring the game to 21-14 at halftime. This is where everything changed. Both teams played excellent defense as neither team scored a TD and the Spartans were forced to kick 2 very short FGs. The real difference in the game was the ability of Sparty's secondary to shutdown the opposing WRs and force interceptions. Michigan State just wouldn't let Cal pass on them, which really made the difference in the game. Good Game Fmode11
    Cal2.PNG

6. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Did you happen to save the replay of Burbridge's first touchdown pass? After that play I figured the NCAA football gods were against me. Those four interceptions forced me to play from behind much of the game. I couldn't rely on my solid run game.

What I still find baffling in this game - How do you USER int so much? My guys honestly dropped 4/5 INT while you were able to catch them. Your safety alone covered the whole middle of the field.

Great game though. You were def fun to play, all the users are in this league. Although, that damn deep ball :mad:. I had to throw a few back ;)

7. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

:eek:

8. Brandon S.

I honestly used to have a ton of problems dropping ints but if you hold Y about 45679985444 seconds before it auto plays for you and will intercept almost every time. Its called ballhawking it's on Madden too and it is so cheap.

9. Brandon S.

Yeah I am not afraid to go deep if it's 1v1. You know this. And no I didnt save the highlight but I should've.

10. Brandon S.

I laughed my ass off reading this. I love your logic.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gyrene76

Hey man, make a new thread so everyone can see it

12. Brandon S.

Hows it looking with the new guy?

13. Gyrene76

Pretty good..he's my dad :)

14. Gyrene76

We advance in thirty right?

15. Brandon S.

Not talking about the VA guy, the guy we were commenting to on his status. Thats your dad ?

16. Gyrene76

haha,

Oh, but Dean Evans is my dad IRL. Crumbler81, I don't know. I'm pm'ing him. Hova I'll get a hold of soon.

17. Brandon S.

Yeah i was asking about Crumbler. Im hoping for a new B1G member. Especially if Juggs leaves.

18. Gyrene76

I feel you, would love to run with 12 guys.

19. Brandon S.

I just want more users in my division. Not a fan of cpu games.

20. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

[​IMG]
    Coach Evans takes control of Cavs
    legacy 9.PNG

The score at the final whistle should have brought the elated Virginia Cavalier fans to midfield for post-game prayer but the look on newly hired Coach Dean Evans's face put a damper on the festivities. During the post game interview Coach Evans was quoted as saying, "It was ugly but it was a win". There were 3 positives and 2 negatives to this game and 3 > 2 and that is why we got the "W". The negatives first, we turned the ball over 6 times, granted they were early in the game, but 6 times. We gave up 380 yards passing and that is unacceptable. I will get in touch with the secondary coach after film and iron this problem out. The positives are simply this, we had 214 yards rushing on 44 carries for a touchdown. Next, our tight end, Drew Davis lead our receiving corps with 101 yards on 5 catches and 2 TDs. The 62 yarder for the score was quite impressive. Thirdly, we made some stellar plays on defense when we had to. The TD off of the intercepted option pitch by CB Mike Richard for 17 yards almost made me tear up. Dominating the T.O.P. is a big plus also but was the result of the exemplary run game. We got a win and nobody was injured so we hit the practice field and try to get better. Good evening folks.​

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Dean Evans

Site is not letting me upload pics in any way, shape, form or fashion.

22. Gyrene76

that's weird man, I haven't a clue.

23. Dean Evans

I tried straight upload and even insert image thru photobucket and nothing but errors. Oh well there is always next time.

• Like Like x 1