Legacy 2016 BOWL WEEK

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into bowl season. We have 2 user games this week so get those threads up.

Games of the Week:

Sugar Bowl

#7 USC (HovatheGodMC) vs #4 Georgia (AbolishtheFed)

National Title Game

#2 Penn St (Bravejaf) vs Alabama (Cnic75)

Next ADV no later than TUESDAY at 3 PM EST

2. Hova

Sugar Bowl

USC 20
    UGA 7

Finally got a user game to work. USC had a strong performance at QB, finding all of the star WRs throughout the day. The defense played great stuffing the run and getting 3 INTS including a pick 6. USC wins the sugar bowl and ends the season on a good note getting back to being BCS champs. GG Bsta

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Virginia Tech 51
    Cincinnati 21

VTech responded well after being left out of the Championship game and ended their season undefeated.

The result was never really in question as Virginia Tech dominated for most of the game.

Players of the Game
    Oliver - 4 Rec, 133 yds, 2 TD
    Foreman - 7 Tack, 6 solo, 3 Sack
    Lowe - 22 at, 108 yds, 2 TD

This is the final game for starters: QB Weber, WR Oliver, WR Wiggins, C Sullivan, CB Terry, and SS Freeman

Weber leaves as the career and season school record holder for Passing TDs and Passing Yards.

Terry leaves as the career school record holder for INTs in a career and tied for most INTs in a season.

4. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Ole Miss 7
    Ohio State 34

Coming into this game I had 3 goals:

1. Win the Game
    2. Work off some of the rust after an almost 2 month retirement
    3. Evaluate the skills of Freshmen standouts QB Ronnie Adams and WR Joe Burton

Ole Miss found itself in an early hole. They went 3 and out ofter winning the coin toss. And then on Ohio States first play of the game we found Burton matched up 1 on 1 with a line back. It would have been an easy TD except Adams severely under-threw the ball. It resulted in a 32 yard gain and eventually lead to a Todd Harris 2 yard TD run. Both teams would then go stone cold and exchange punts until late in the 2nd quarter.

The Rebels intercepted Adams and went right to work. They would use this momentum to tie the game with a short TD run near the goal line. The Buckeyes were not to be outdone and put together a nice 2 minute drill. Adams capped the drive with a 4 yard TD pass to a diving SR Greg Hall.

14-7 at the Half

The 3rd quarter was ugly to watch. The only scoring was a FG by OSU. The Buckeyes were able to pull away in the 4th. Todd Harris got things going when he busted a 68 yard run for his 2nd TD of the day. Star ROLB Chance Morris would then close out the game and his collegiate career in style. Ole Miss was inside the 5 yard line when their HB would fumble the ball. Morris scooped up the ball and returned it 96 yards for a TD. Ohio State wins the Gator Bowl and earns their 10th win of the season.

As for the youngsters on offense, Todd Harris looks to be a solid back. I don't expect him to hit many home runs, but he can produce and keep the defenses honest. WR Joe Burton reminds me a lot of a former Seminole I coached, Victor Simpson. Like Simpson, Burton has size at 6'4 211 lbs and speed with a rating of 95. He does not however possess Simpsons ability to make the big plays in traffic. We hope to work on this in the off season. Adams is an athlete playing QB. He has speed, but just a mediocre arm. This worries me. My offense needs an accurate QB.

I am excited to be back in The Legacy playing football again.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

@KillerNuts - in my online dynasty experience, this may be the first time in NCAA 11 an undefeated team in Big 10/Pac 10 get in championship game over SEC/ACC undefeated team. Congrats on finishing the season undefeated, too bad D-1 does bowls and not a tournament. A final 4 would have been interesting with VT/Bama/PSU/ORE.

Hopefully I can win the game and show my team deserved the spot.

6. Wick36

Heh, good luck against Bama. If you get the bowl game glitch, we all know you'll win for sure.

7. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 42
    Penn State - 13

Alabama caps another perfect season with this victory over Penn State in the BCS National Championship game. The Crimson Tide have now won the championship two years in a row. The running game was key to the victory. Alabama ran the ball 23 times for 207 yards and 4 TDs. Joe McKinley led the way again with 115 yards on 10 carries and 2 TDs. He finishes his freshman season with 1584 yards and 19 TDs. Joey Taylor also contributed with 70 yards on the ground and 2 TDs. QB Ryan Horn completed 11 of 18 passes for 160 yards and 2 TD. Greg Dockery led the receivers with 5 catches for 85 yards and 1 TD. The defense had 4 sacks and 3 interceptions. DT Andrew Wilson had 2 of the 4 sacks. Ryan Murphy ends his career with the Crimson Tide with 2 interceptions in the game. The team's leading tackler freshman Jake Carlson was held without a tackle but did come up with an interception. He finishes his freshman season with 84 tackles, 13 TFL, 7 sacks, 3 interceptions, 9 pass deflections, 1 FF, 2 FR, and 1 TD.

8. Wick36

Do you just run a lot of dime or do you have him formation subbed in at several places?

9. Hova

Bama is curb stompin us

10. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

I usually run my defense to what formation the offense comes out in. I do like to run nickel and dime.

Carlson is only on the field in my dime package. He played the 4th CB spot.

11. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  12. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Congratulations Cnic!

• Like Like x 1
  13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah a couple late turnovers changed the game to a blow out. My only TD was a fumble recovery, so my offense was terrible throughout this game. My only 2 decent drives ended with field goals.

The play that changed the game was a 2nd quarter interception by my team. With around a minute left in the first half I decided to go for the score instead of run out the clock. This led to a pick and an Alabama offensive score. Instead of 14-10 with the ball after halftime, I was down 21-10.

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

UCLA rebounds after a beat-down from Iowa and bests Mizzou 53-44 in a shootout for the Alamo Bowl Trophy.

The Bruins finish the season with 9 wins and a bowl victory. Coach Max needs his players to make serious strides this offseason for the Bruins to be able to compete week-in and week-out with the other top programs around the country.

15. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

LSU 52
    Colorado 35

The Tigers won a bowl game in an offensive shootout. Greg Mitchell finished his career with the tigers in fine fashion with a kick return td and receiving td. Eric Martin finished his freshmen year with a huge 6 td 384 yard performance.