Legacy 2016 Conference Champ Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Feb 21, 2009
    We are now into Champ week. 3 user games this week.
    Next ADV No later than TUES at 9 PM EST
  2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Jul 13, 2009
    Georgia 41
    LSU 14

The Bulldogs were on fire in this game. They left nothing to chance in a convincing win against #2 LSU. Georgia scored touchdowns on 5 of its first 6 possessions. They also scored points on the first 7 offensive possessions of this game. Senior quarterback Blalock threw 3 first half touchdowns, including 2 in the opening quarter. The first TD was a 42 yard strike to WR #4 Bradley. Faced with third and long, Blalock made a pass into double coverage and Bradley made the grab. On the second drive, the TD came through a screen to WR #1 Jones. The play was perfectly executed and Jones used his speed to score the TD. The third and final passing TD came near the end of the first half. Georgia got this TD thanks to a very nice catch by star WR Mitchell. LSU had coverage but Mitchell made the grab. HB Cunningham and backup QB Adams scored the other Georgia touchdowns. Defensively Georgia made some critical third down stops and forced a few turnovers. LSU converted just 3 of 7 third down attempts. QB Miller was also picked off twice in the game for LSU. LSU did manage a couple fourth quarter touchdowns but never threatened to reclaim the lead.

This win secures Georgia's spot in the BCS Championship game. The Bulldogs will take on the winner of the B1G Championship game. The Bulldogs are one game away from capping off a perfect season, but either OSU or Iowa will be a difficult opponent.

KillerNuts - A couple lucky TD passes in the first half were the difference in this game. If that first TD is batted down or picked, the whole game would play out differently.

Offensive Player of the Game - Blalock 8/11 245 yards 3 TD/0 INT

Defensive Player of the Game - Gaddis 3 tackles for loss 3 sacks
  3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Jul 14, 2010
    Yeah, there wasn't a whole lot I could do. The third and 18 and before the half TDs were completed in double coverage. On the option play I did run commit right to where you went. Cunningham broke quite a few tackles which helped to extend some drives and set up scores. I think he had around 150 yards, with at least 80 of them after the first hit. Then there was the screen pass where everybody on that side got blocked - I wasn't blitzing but it happens sometimes.

Then, on my side of the ball, I think that all but one of my missed third downs was 1 or 2 yards short. I didn't get very lucky with the animations in those situations. Then, the fumble in my own territory hurt. Made a poor choice on the first pick, the second one I had the corner beat deep by a step and the ball was under thrown, but the game was already over at that point.

But yeah. I think the game would've at least been close without those bombs. I mean, if you look at the stats I was picking up yards on the ground and was completing a good amount of passes, I just didn't have the advantage of a bunch of big plays.

Anyways, I guess there's next year.
  4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Feb 21, 2009
  5. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Mar 13, 2011
    Washington 42
    Arizona State 7

Washington played well today capturing the PAC-12 title. Offensively Matt Swan played very efficient and didn't need to air it out much today. He finished 10/12 for 233 and 2 scores. Jabari Cunningham carried 23 times for 123 yards and 3 scores. Defensively the Huskies played well and made some timely plays including 3 interceptions. The Huskies now hope to not getting wiped out in the Rose Bowl.
  6. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Mar 27, 2010
    #2 Iowa 28
    #3 Ohio State 30

This game was a barn burner in Indianapolis. Iowa jumped out to a 21-0 lead in the first half, behind big plays in the passing game and stout defense. The Hawkeyes scored on a long pass play for a 7-0 lead in the 1st quarter. On Ohio State's ensuing possession, OLB Ward intercepted an Edmonds pass and took it to the house for a 14-0 lead. Edmonds was intercepted three times on the day. On its next possession, the Buckeyes were driving in Hawkeye territory, but were again intercepted by Ward. The Hawkeyes were able to score a TD on a FB dive play from the 1 to take a 21-0 lead with 20 seconds left. The Buckeyes came out on offense with 17 seconds left to play. On the first play from scrimmage, Edmonds hit Sr WR Carl Owen for a 70 yard TD to take some momentum into the half. However, Iowa still led 21-7.

The Buckeyes received the ball in the second half and preceded to turn the ball over in Hawkeye territory again. But the silver bullet defense would stiffen in the second half. Ohio State started knocking down passes and held the Hawkeye offense scoreless until 1 minute left in the game. Fr SS Hancock started this game in place of injured starter Jackson in this game. Hancock made his presence known, intercepting an Iowa pass in the third quarter and taking it to the house to cut the Iowa lead to 21-14. The Buckeye defense would intercept the Hawkeyes in Iowa territory on the next possession. However, they could only turn it into a FG. The teams played tactically throughout the rest of the third quarter and through most of the fourth quarter. But, the Buckeyes were able to turn another Iowa turnover into a TD with 2 minutes left in the game, for their first lead of the game, 24-21. Iowa would throw 4 straight incompletions on its next possession and the Bucks were in business on the Iowa 25 yard line, but Iowa had 3 timeouts left. The Buckeyes added a FG to make the game 27-21. Iowa would answer quickly, with WR Pino burning down the sideline for a TD and a 28-27 Iowa lead with 1 minute left. The Buckeyes were able to make some big plays to move into Iowa territory late in the ballgame. It was up to Sr P Everett to kick a 50 yard FG with 3 seconds left for the win. The kick barely snuck inside the right upright for the win and Ohio State's second B1G championship in the last 3 years.

These matchups with uncleho are becoming instant classics. Great game.
  7. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Jan 20, 2010
    Yeah great game abolishthefed, the Iowa running game was completely and totally shut down this game and I was surprised that we could make the big passing plays without it. Another big key was Reese taking four sacks and feeling the pressure while we only got one sack and hardly any pressure on the Ohio State QB. When I got that go ahead TD at the end I was pumped but that thought of "too much time left" went right through my head at the same time :(