Legacy 2016 Season Kickoff!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now advanced to week 1. If you have not posted your playbooks,schollies, and recruiting thread get those up ASAP.

Games of the Week:

#10 VA Tech (I wictorious I) @ #5 Oregon (Hokie Effect)

Clemson (Divisibleduke) @ Michigan (Big Suge Knight)

Next ADV will be no later than WEDS at 6 PM EST

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    @Divisibleduke when is good for you? I can play tonight after 10 or anytime after 9 this week.

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Virginia Tech 56 - Oregon 21​
    The Virginia Tech Hokies were able to pull a week 1 upset over #5 Oregon with a fantastic all around performance.​
    Marquis Weber, who started his Freshman season and won the Maxwell/O'Brien awards and was a heisman finalist, the player who was sent to a backup role in favor of Daryl Hicks, had the best game of his career. The accuracy problems that have plagued him seem to be remedied, as he went 21-23 for 373 yards and 4 TDs. That's a staggering 91% completion total with a whopping 285 QB rating.​
    The ground game did not go as well as Coach Killernuts had hoped as he has plans to run the ball a lot more this season with the addition of Cole Washington, Jerrod Taylor, and Alonzo Arnold. Collectively, the Hokies could only muster 57 yards on 21 carries, although they did do well in the red zone, scoring 2 TDs.​
    The receivers played well as a group. 9 different players recorded catches, with Oliver and Graham breaking 100 yards. Josh Wiggin's slump from last season still seems to be lingering on, as he struggled to get open. Oliver may need to swap positions with him and move back to the outside if this continues.​
    Defensively, the Hokies played solid. They recorded interceptions. A TD by All American CB Tristan Terry, a drive killing catch by Eddie Parker, and a nail in the coffin for a TD by DT by Maurice Foreman. Collier, Mansfield, Lee, Robinson, and Reid, who all got their first PT as Hokies, played pretty well. Robinson struggled a bit in coverage, but he made some tackles and broke up a few passes.​
    Terry's interception puts him 1 away from tying the Virginia Tech school record for INTs in a career. He is currently the active leader in INTs, Deflections, and is second in defensive TDs.​
    ===​
    This year's schedule is going to be a tough one. The next two games are against two ranked opponents and there's three more after that.​
    Week 2 will bring the #18 Cincinnati Bearcats into Blacksburg.​

4. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 44
    Nebraska - 7

Alabama opens the season with a big win against the 12th ranked Nebraska Cornhuskers. The offense and defense were both impressive. Ryan Horn is the new starting QB and he did not disappoint. He went 11 for 17 for 145 yards and 1 TD; while rushing for 51 yards. He was sacked 7 times on the day. The starters of the offensive line are all new and still have to work some bugs out. Freshman HB Joe McKinley made his presence felt early. He rushed for 102 yards and 1 TD. The Crimson Tide did not have any receivers stand out. This team looks like it is going to be a run first squad. The defense was able to get 2 turnovers in this first game. This was a big problem for last year's team. Freshman CB Jake Carlson had a big 1st game. He made 6 tackles, 1 pass defection, and recovered a fumble and took it 35 yards for a TD. He also added 47 return yards. Trent Wright had a big game as well. He made 8 tackles (2 TFL) and recovered a fumble and returned it 53 yards for a TD.

The Crimson Tide will next face Miami on the road.

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Clemson 24 - Michigan 20

Clemson was nervous traveling to Michigan and it's big crowd of blue fans cheering them on. Clemson won the toss and decided to kick, Howard put the ball on the tee and signaled he was ready to kick the ball off "BANG" as the cannons went as Howard kicked the ball to start the 2016 season. Michigan started at the 17 yard line and had an amazing offense attack, which lead them to scoring first with amazing passing. Then Clemson's stud running back Adam Newton decided to try his running attack early in the season. Play after play Newton averaged 10+ easily early which led into Michigan's end zone for a TD 7-7. Howard set up the kick again and kicked off as Clemson's defense came charging down the field they leveled the return man but surprisingly he managed to hang on to the ball. Clemson's D had a huge problem covering the pass and defending the run their D wasn't doing too much of anything as of now and Michigan easily drove down the field again for a TD 14-7. Almost halftime score 17-14 Clemson was driving down the field ball on their 34 yard line in Michigan territory Baldwin dropped back found a open man but his terribad accuracy caused him to throw an INT and Michigan went into halftime up 17-14. Clemson got the ball back and of course Newton pretty much led them all the way down to Michigan's goal line but Michigan's D stuffed them and held Clemson to a field goal. That crushed Coach Duke. After the field goal Clemson kicked off again and Michigan took over. After Michigan was stopped Michigan had the ball for the rest of the 3rd quarter and kicked a field goal to start the 4th quarter after Clemson stopped them short. Clemson took over the ball and managed to drive down the field with 2:27 left in the game Baldwin dropped back again and hey well the crowd guessed it, INT number 2. Michigan crowd roared with excitement as Baldwin walked to the sideline he threw his helmet against the bleachers cursing under his breath. Michigan took over and tried to run the clock. Clemson stacked the box and sent blitz after blitz they had no idea why Michigan was trying to pass. 3 & 12 2:03 left Michigan's QB dropped back over threw his receiver and it was intercept by Clemson's MLB Harris which he took it back to Michigan's 22 yard line with 1:58 left. Clemson was trying to start up the running game again but on the first carry lost of 3. Baldwin decided to try the same play again with McGee but flip it to the left it worked like a charm and Mcgee got a gain of 14 with 53 seconds left ball at Michigan's 5 yard line. Newton tried to bust it in but he managed to lose 2 yards on the carry, 44 seconds left Baldwin ran a no huddle but tried to sweep it to the left only a gain of 2 ball on Michigan's 2 yard line now 17 seconds left Baldwin stalled time seconds now he snapped the ball Newton got it he managed to break the first tackle and got hit he kept churning his feet and then three Michigan defends came to help but Newton crossed the line for a Clemson TD with 10 seconds left in the game. Howard added the game winning PAT and Clemson starts the season 1-0 after a close game.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

#24 Miami - 38

#21 Texas Tech - 32

Miami wins season opener with new QB.

Julius Gibbons would throw for 419 yards in his first career start at Miami. He did have a couple of mistakes here or there but for the most part his accuracy was not questioned. He made the big plays when necessary and even orchestrated a 98 yard drive that would end in 6 points. Junior HB Mike Johnson had a nice career start as well with 142 yards on the ground and a TD. The defense looks better than last season but still has some holes, mainly a big Adam Samuel sized hole in it.

Miami starts off nice at 1-0 and will host a very stacked Alabama team Week 2. Predictions say: Miami 0 Alabama 65

Stats

J. Gibbons - 23/42, 419 yards, 4 TD

M. Johnson - 22 Att, 142 yards, TD

B. Tremblay - 7 Rec, 121 yards, TD
    D. Wright - 7 Rec, 150 yards, TD
    B. Weber - 4 Rec, 79 yards, TD
    B. Montgomery - 3 Rec, 52 yards, TD

7. Wick36

Excited for this season...

A bit nervous for the Miami and UCLA games.

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

#6 USC 63
    #8 Notre Dame 17

USC goes into the Holy Land and completely desecrates the Irish. USC dominated on all sides of the ball with huge games from multiple players. Player of the Game honors go to QB Greg Fields who had his first career start. He had a rating of 366 and passed for 279 yards and 4 TDs, and rushed for 117 and 2 TDs. WR Alvarez is also poised for a HUGE season with 184 YDS and 3 TDs in this game, this kid is unstoppable one on one so don't leave him on an island this season ;). SS Rick Washington had a huge game on defense with 5 tackles, 2 INTs, and 2 FFs. USC heads home next week for the home opener, they will host the LSU Tigers.

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    GG. I went all Plaxico in the second half. I could have sealed the voctory by actually playing to win the game instead of trying not to lose it. That is my '11 MO I guess.

10. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

GG Killer, your offense was unstoppable. I couldn't catch a break with all my turnovers and they one tip pass on 3rd and long you completed for the TD deflated any hopes of a comeback. But they say if your gonna lose, lose early....

I will get my recruiting done when I get home from work around 4pm est.

11. Wick36

The two interceptions early in the game gave you a pretty big hole to try and climb out of...

With the DT pick, it was probably over at that point, but it pretty much killed any chances you had.

At least the fumbles happened when we were running out the clock instead of down the road where it could hurt you!

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

You always beat me, I'm the one who gets nervous

13. Wick36

Well, they've all been good games except for the 2nd half of 2 seasons ago.

How I feel going into that will have a lot to do with how my linebackers and safeties do.

14. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#7 Georgia 34
    TCU 22

This was an interesting game. Georgia was dominant for the most part, aside from the 3 TD given up. One TCU TD was scored on an 80 yard run where the HB broke 3 tackles and the other 2 TD were 3rd and long plays where the ball went through my DBs. Hopefully, this is not an indication of things to come. Sr QB Zach Brown led the offense with 283 passing yards and So HB Deluca had over 100 yards and a TD.

15. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

LSU 45
    Utah 22

LSU started the season hot with a 45-22 win on the road against the Utah Utes. After a scoreless 1st quarter LSU scored 17 unanswered points in the 2nd. RS freshman Eric Martin through 2 TD passes to Carlos Stewart and George Ostrander. The Utes added 7 before the break. Although Utah tried to keep pace, the LSU offense outpaced them with a running TD from Carl Johnson of 5 yards and 3 passing TDs from Martin. Martin went 27 for 35 for 449 yards and 5 TDs. Jason Bowers was the leading receiver with 8 catches for 130 yards and a TD.