Legacy 2016 Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into week 11. Three user games this week so get those threads up asap.

Game of the Week:

#5 Iowa (Uncleho) @ #2 Michigan (Hova)

Next ADV NO LATER THAN SAT at 8 PM EST

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I've got LSU, Iowa, and Tennessee thins week. Should be interesting to see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  3. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

[​IMG]
    #5 Iowa 42
    #2 Michigan 14

I don't know what to say about this game. The Iowa offense played pretty well most of the game, converting 9/12 third downs, to keep drives going and get points on the board. QB Adam Reese looked unusually sharp going 15/19 for 199 yards 2TDs and an interception while HB Dwayne Berry plugged along on 23 carries for 82 yards and a TD. WR Sylvester Johnson had a good day with 5 receptions for 69 yards and 2 TDs.

Iowa jumped out to a 21-0 lead, getting 7 in the first quarter on a nice drive, and 14 in the second when CB Nick Medley nabbed a pick 6 (3:19) and Iowa got in the endzone again right before halftime (0:15). Down 21-0 Michigan came out firing in the second half and connected on a 65 yard TD bomb where the receiver ran right by Medley for the catch and run. Iowa turned the ball over on its next drive via interception and the Wolverines went right down the field and scored on a 1 yard dive to the FB. The score was 21-14 at the end of the third quarter and Iowa put together a nice drive that resulted in a 10 yard TD run by Berry to extend the lead to 28-14. Iowa would add two pick 6's at the end of the game, another by Medley, and one by ROLB Brian Chase who was supposed to go down diving to run out the clock. Instead he dove in the endzone :(.

Besides that great third quarter, the Wolverine offensive line completely shit the bed, the RG gave up 4 sacks and the C gave up 2. As a unit they gave up 8 sacks, allowing DT Johnathan Jackson to get 6 of them (lol). That really allowed my secondary to go for those picks and swat a lot of passes. Michigan was able to run the ball pretty well but had to start throwing when they got down early.

Iowa goes to Nebraska next week then hosts Michigan State the following week to close out the regular season.

gg HovaTheGodMC

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wick36

LSU - 31
    Bama - 7

LSU was able to start off fast with a 55 yard run for a TD by Heisman hopeful Brandon Thomas. Alabama was able to put together a nice drive to tie it. LSU drove down the field - it looked like it was going to be a slugfest without much defense. However, the Bama defense was able to stop them and force a field goal. The second quarter was very quiet until LSU was able to engineer a 2 minute drive to score with 5 seconds left.

In the second half, Bama wasn't really able to cap off any drives and the LSU ground game worked pretty well. The tigers were able to add 2 TDs in the fourth to seal the deal. I actually didn't throw in the second half because this game was kind of laggy and I didn't want to make any stupid picks or fumble again because my QB wouldn't throw the ball. I was extremely happy with how my line blocked. Bama consistently had a ton of guys in the box, but my tackles/tight ends did a great job of blocking the safeties, as they should. There were usually big holes just on the edge or off tackle. My top two cornerbacks did a great job, limiting their guys to a combined 3 catches. I was less happy with my slot corner and linebackers, who gave up 13 receptions. Abrams was able to get pressure consistently for me on defense, so that was huge.

This game clinches me a spot in the SEC championship game unless I lose to a CPU opponent and Tennessee.

GG Murk.

5. Wick36

gwill you better not let me down.
    MoonBBad You better not fuck up my predictions.

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We had no chance, the DT was blowing right up the center almost every play even with Max coverage. Dont know what the problem was but it felt hopeless lol. Hopefully this was just a fluke.

7. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Damn Hova, that's almost as bad as abolishthefed 's beatdown of me this season. ;)

8. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

It doesn't matter. The computer will choose scUM to go to the championship game anyways.

9. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

lol fml

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

KillerNuts the lag definately cost me a field goal which kinda sucked, but it didn't really effect my passing I was just trying not to get sacked. GG

11. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

ASU - 25
    UCLA - 24

Once again it came down to the wire, with the Sun Devils erasing a 24-14 deficit in the fourth and hitting a 21 yard field goal to clinch the victory. Not much in terms of game notes in this one, as both teams played sloppy all day and the Sun Devils were lucky to escape with the win.

Stats

Passing
    R. Vinson - 9/21, 130 yds, 2 TD/1 INT, rush TD

Rushing
    L. Peterson - 11 att, 96 yds
    J. Underwood - 10 att, 66 yds

Receiving
    S. James - 4 rec, 18 yds, TD
    J. Underwood - 1 rec, 59 yds, TD

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

13. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Notre Dame 27
    Tennessee 13
    [​IMG]
    South Bend, IN -- Notre Dame put together a strong performance against a very good Volunteer team yesterday in South Bend to improve the Irish's record to 8-1. The game started very defensively for both teams with no point being scored in the first quarter. In the second quarter the Volunteers were able to score first after being set up with great field position due to a fumble by WR Cliff Williams. The Volunteers were able to get the ball near the goal line, but back to back sacks forced them to kick the field goal.
    Notre Dame struck back with a field goal of their own after a nice drive later in the second quarter. As the second quarter was winding down, Tennessee was able to mount another drive and cap the half off with an impressive 55 yard field goal by Justin Robinson.
    The third quarter was all Irish. The game started to go the Irish's way off the first drive in the third quarter when Reggie Williams threw a perfect ball in between the corner and the saftey which Manny Flowers took 49 yards for the touchdown. The Irish's defense put in a strong game overall and dominated the third quarter allowing the Irish to get the ball often which led to another scoring drive which was capped by a two yard run by HB Cory Riley.
    The Irish continued to chew clock in the fourth quarter and put up another 10 points before Tennessee was able to score a final touchdown late on an impressive throw and catch by Nick Hughes for a 35 yard touchdown. Next week the Irish face Wisconsin in their last Big 10 game of the year.
    Good game gwill
    Player of the Game
    Freshman LE Derek Wright​
    4 tackles 3 sacks ​

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  14. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

This game is the epitome of my offense all year. I get a lights out performance against Bama, a so-so performance against South Carolina, and then the offense totally screws the pooch against the Irish. I kept telling myself whoever scores two touchdowns first would win, and it happened. It also didn't help that my defense forgot they play two halves in football. Good game MoonBBad