Legacy 2016 Week 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now ADV to week 13. A huge lineup of user games so lets get those threads up asap and scheduled.

Games of the Week:

#7 USC (HovatheGodMC) @ #11 Clemson (DivisibleDuke)

Miami (Big Suge Knight) @ #3 Georgia (AbolishTheFed)

Michigan (JrRawlins) @ #9 Ohio St (DanThraxx)

#8 UCLA (MaxAttax34) @ #4 Va Tech (I Wictorious I)

Welcome to Week 13!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #2 Alabama Crimson Tide (10-0) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 59-7 against Auburn (3-7).
    This week, the Crimson Tide will host #14 Florida State (9-2).

=============== #11 Clemson Tigers (8-2) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers will host #7 USC (9-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FS Kenny Busch has committed to Clemson
    - (**) QB Ryan Taylor has committed to Clemson

=============== #3 Georgia Bulldogs (10-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 20-14 against South Carolina (8-2).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Miami (4-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Justin Williams has committed to South Carolina
    - (***) TE Clayton Martin has committed to Boston College

=============== #17 LSU Tigers (8-3) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 69-49 against Ole Miss (6-5).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Fayetteville to face the Arkansas Razorbacks (2-8).

=============== Michigan Wolverines (6-4) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 44-7 against Northwestern (6-3).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Columbus to face the #9 Ohio State Buckeyes (9-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Terry Whitehead has committed to Michigan

=============== Miami Hurricanes (4-6) ===============
    Last week the Hurricanes were idle.
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Athens to face the #3 Georgia Bulldogs (10-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Jason Roach has committed to Florida

=============== #9 Ohio State Buckeyes (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 35-7 against Illinois (3-6).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Michigan (6-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Travis Fields has committed to Texas
    - (****) WR Robert Williams has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) QB Jon Roberson has committed to UCLA
    - (***) K Carl Walter has committed to Iowa

=============== #5 Oregon Ducks (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 63-0 against Arizona (2-8).
    This week, the Ducks will host Washington State (1-8).

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (10-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 55-7 against Indiana (1-9).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host Michigan State (3-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RG Cedric Griffin has committed to Penn State

=============== #8 UCLA Bruins (8-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 37-0 against Arizona State (4-6).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Blacksburg to face the #4 Virginia Tech Hokies (10-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Donovan Banks has committed to UCLA
    - (***) ROLB Patrick Parham has committed to UCLA
    - (***) CB Curtis Rodgers has committed to UCLA
    - (****) QB Jon Roberson has committed to UCLA

=============== #7 USC Trojans (9-1) ===============
    Last week, USC won 42-7 against Oregon State (6-3).
    This week, the Trojans travel to Clemson to face the #11 Clemson Tigers (8-2).

=============== #4 Virginia Tech Hokies (10-0) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 38-0 against Virginia (5-6).
    This week, the Hokies will host #8 UCLA (8-1).

Next ADV no later than MONDAY At 6 PM EST

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Really hoping for a Clemson win this week. :)

Lots of big games though... should be interesting to see how it all pans out. *crosses fingers*

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm really hoping for a UCLA win to protect my place in BCS Championship game

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wick36

#4 Virginia Tech 21
    #8 UCLA 17

Virginia Tech Rallies Back for a Win
    Today, the #4 Virginia Tech Hokies (10-0) hosted the #8 UCLA Bruins (8-1) in a clash of the titans in Lane Stadium. Their was a lot of excitement in the air as this game started. People had been pregaming outside of the stadium for hours, the fans were rowdy, and the players looked like they had a little bit of an extra hop in their step during warm ups.
    [​IMG]
    The game started just like the Hokies have done all season. The moved down the field easily. However, their drive stalled and they were forced to settle for a 34 yard field goal. In a twist, Groza Award finalist and All American kicker Derek Bailey missed the kick, turning the ball over to the Bruins without any points. UCLA had a few good runs which allowed them to sneak into Sherman's range for 53 yard field goal kick, giving them a 3-0 lead. Roaring back, Virginia Tech marched down the field, capping off the drive with a 7 yard pass to TE Washington.
    Early in this game UCLA appeared to be on a mission. They scored again to go back into the league. The Bruins had a chance to separate themselves after a fumble deep in Hokie territory by Spencer, but were unable to put any points up. A few turnovers by both teams later, it was halftime. The explosive Virginia Tech offense had only put up 7 points and were down by 3 with UCLA getting the ball at halftime. Could this be the end of Virginia Tech's perfect season?
    It certainly looked bad. UCLA was able score another TD, putting them up by 10. After this, however, the tide of the game started to turn. Virginia Tech started to figure out how to stop the Bruins running attack and was able to keep the Bruins from making big plays and was able to force punts. Offensively, Killernuts's squad was able to stop turning the ball over and forced some turnovers themselves.
    The Hokies got the ball back with plenty of time in the fourth quarter after an interception by Tristan Terry. It was do or die time. If they were not able to score at least a field goal here, the game was pretty much over for them. On a team with so many young players, it's rare to see much resiliency on a team. The home team was not ready to pack in the season, yet. With an outside chance at a national title berth on the line, Virginia Tech put the ball into the endzone to give themselves a 4 point lead with 4:10 on the clock. This was, of course, plenty of time for UCLA to score. After a 2 yard loss on 3rd and 1 from a toss play, the game's outcome depended on this play. Virginia Tech got the stop and ran the last minute or so off of the clock to escape with the win.
    Players of the Game
    Virginia Tech: Wiggins - 9 Rec, 103 yds, 2 TDs
    UCLA: Williams - 7 Tackles, INT, FF
    Virginia Tech faces #15 Utah next week, and will cap off their regular season in the ACC Championship against Clemson.

5. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 45
    FSU - 24

This felt like a user game. Florida State hung in all game until the 4th quarter. Alabama put up 21 in the final quarter to pull away. The Crimson Tide rushing attack was held in check with a total of 118 yards.
    Freshman sensation Joe McKinley was only able to get 19 yards on the ground. Alabama used the passing game to come out ahead. Ryan Horn threw for 386 yards and 4 TDs. Freshman Joel Carter had to step up after Ryan McGee went down with an injury. He caught 10 passes for 201 yards and 1 TD.

6. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Believe It!

#9 Ohio State loses a stunner to Michigan in the annual The Game.

Week 13 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Final

[​IMG] 0 7 10 0 0 17

[​IMG] 21 7 3 7 0 38​

First Quarter

04:21 TD Michigan Jason Thurman WR #82 10 yard pass from Isaac Phillips QB #13
    01:44 TD Michigan Nick Peoples WR #85 5 yard pass from Isaac Phillips QB #13
    00:39 TD Michigan Hakim Taylor HB #48 15 yard rush

Second Quarter

03:49 TD Ohio State Greg Hall WR #83 76 yard pass from Ronnie Adams QB #5
    00:08 TD Michigan Jason Thurman WR #82 9 yard pass from Isaac Phillips QB #13

Third Quarter

06:45 TD Ohio State Melvin Scott WR #84 75 yard pass from Ronnie Adams QB #5
    04:25 FG Michigan Ricky Oliver P #43 39 yard field goal
    01:25 FG Ohio State Sean Benson K #3 26 yard field goal

Forth Quarter

04:46 TD Michigan Jason Thurman WR #82 59 yard pass from Isaac Phillips QB #13 ​

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int

Isaac Phillips 22 17 285 4 0

A couple of early turnovers by the Buckeyes in their own terroitory, really put them behind the 8 ball especially after the Wolverines converted those early turnovers into tds. My offense was really rolling early... and just kinda held on to the lead late...

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

My chances to make the title are all but gone unless 2 of 3 teams (Georgia/Alabama/Virginia Tech) somehow drop games before bowls. Michigan beating Ohio State takes away my only top 10 win. It probably saves me the trouble of getting humiliated in title game, though I still have to play Oregon (?) in Rose Bowl.

8. Wick36

Well, at least 1 of those SEC teams will lose, of course. Do you think the extra win in the conference title game will be that big of a jump? I've played 4 ranked teams, and another who was ranked when I played them, but I'm way behind in the polls. I'm not sure that I will be able to leap frog you even if I beat Clemson in the ACC Championship, which is certainly not a given.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We shall see but this game gives a lot of extra weight to the conference championship games. I will fall behind Georgia or Alabama once they face off. I am hoping to hold onto #2 but not liking my odds.