Legacy 2016 Week 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now ADV to week 14. 3 user games so get your threads up.

Games of the Week:

#2 Alabama (Cnic75) @ #24 Michigan (JrRawlins)

#11 UCLA (Maxattax34) @ #12 USC (HovatheGodMC)

Miami (Big Suge Knight) @ #1 Penn St (BraveJaf)

Next ADV no later than THURSDAY at 6 PM EST

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State still hanging tough at #1 but everything is going wrong. Clemson beating USC only helps Virginia Tech, unless the Tigers beat the Hokies.

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Somehow after beating UCLA I lost all of my 1st place votes in the coaches/media and I know I didn't move forward in the BCS.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I still don't trust this game when it comes to polls, but I'll live with any outcome. I honestly don't believe my team is one of the top 2 in the country. This is probably the fourth or fifth best Penn State team I had. My team last year would destroy this year's group.

5. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Virginia Tech 48
    Utah 16

Virginia Tech Overcomes Rocky Start to Put Away Utah

On the first drive of the game, Utah scored thanks to lots of broken tackles and some poor coverage, especially on third downs. On the first play of the Virginia Tech drive, WR Oliver fumbled the ball, giving possession back to Utah. They missed the field goal. Virginia Tech drove down the field to tie the game. Utah rallied back with a field goal shortly after.

From this point on, it was all Virginia Tech. They scored 3 TDs in less than 2:30, culminating with a very nice return for 6 by Terry in which he weaved through tacklers and blockers. With their big lead, the Hokies ran the ball a lot, trying to avoid mistakes and take time off of the clock. Utah was able to score on a long pass to Allen which contained many missed tackles, but that was pretty much their lone bright spot on offense after the first half.

This win finishes a perfect regular season for the Hokies. In two weeks, they will have a rematch against Clemson in the ACC title game. The run defense will need to step it up this time around if they want a shot at the title game.

Players of the Game
    Weber - 15/23, 318 yds, 3 TDs
    Wiggins - 3 rec, 118 yds, 1 TD
    Terry - 2 Tackles, 2 INT, 1 PR TD

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Well I did my part and can't do anymore to help my case for National Championship Berth. Whether it is enough is now up to the other schools and the pollsters.

Penn State 38
    Miami 7

This game started off well for Miami as they were able to maneuver down the field and grab an early TD. The score came on a 3rd and long pass from Hurricanes' QB Greene to WR Wright. Penn State would answer back with a 13 yard rush TD by HB2 Matt Williams. The defenses would hold fora couple drives and the only other score in first half was a Penn State field goal.

The Nittany Lions came out of half with a 10-7 lead, plus determination to win this game. On the opening play Eddie Darby completed a 72 yard pass to Brett Smith. This setup a short TD run by Darby. On the next drive Darby found HB1 William Johnson on a short HB screen and Johnson did the rest. He sprinted passed defenders for a 75 yard TD. Penn State would add a couple more scores in fourth quarter thanks to a pick six by Kevin Hall and a rushing score by Johnson.

Penn State sits out the next couple weeks, awaiting BCS Standings to determine its next destination. At worst Penn State heads to Passadena for Rose Bowl but best case scenario is the National Championship Game in Glendale, AZ.

Player of the Game: 3-5 170 yards 1 TD/1 INT; 5 carries 16 yards 1 TD (off the bench)

First Quarter
    03:47 TD Miami David Wright WR #87 20 yard pass from Brandon Greene QB #14
    00:48 TD Penn State Matt Williams HB #21 13 yard rush
    Second Quarter
    00:14 FG Penn State Kurt James P #2 25 yard field goal
    Third Quarter
    06:35 TD Penn State Eddie Darby QB #6 7 yard rush
    02:31 TD Penn State William Johnson HB #43 75 yard pass from Eddie Darby QB #6
    Forth Quarter
    05:36 TD Penn State Kelvin Hall CB #24 36 yard interception
    02:22 TD Penn State William Johnson HB #43 27 yard rush

7. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#8 Iowa 16
    #3 Georgia 28

Things looked dicey to start off for the Bulldogs. Iowa went 13 plays on their first drive, to take a 7-0 lead. Georgia was moving the ball well on their first drive, until So HB Deluca fumbled. Iowa converted that turnover into a FG, for a 10-0 lead that lasted until midway through the second quarter. Georgia finally got the offense going, behind the arm of Sr QB Brown and went on to score 28 unanswered points. Iowa put up another TD in the 4th quarter, but Georgia's running game ran out the clock.

Up next for the Bulldogs is another beating at the hands of Alabama.

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Oregon- 45
    Oregon St- 13

The Ducks finished up their best season with their annual victory over in state rival Oregon State. Berry finished his heisman caimpaign with 399yds 5 TD. Booker ran for 112yds with most of it of an 75yd TD scamper. Ward was Berry's target of choice with 155yds recieving. The Ducks will have to sit and wait to see who their Rose Bowl opponent will be.