Legacy 2016 Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in week 2. Two user games this week.

#24 Arizona St ( abolishthefed ) @ #11 Cal ( Fmode11 )

Next ADV no later than WED at 8 PM EST

2. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG][​IMG]
    #11 vs. #24
    20 - 17
    ASU Gives Cal all they can handle, Fall Just Short

ASU traveled to Berkley to face off against the Cal Golden Bears for the first time in three years. Cal is coming off their Pac-12 title under coach Fmode11 and looked to take care of business against a conference foe. Coach abolishthefed brought the Sun Devils and their aggressive 3-3-5 defense to try and shut down a Cal offense looking to find their own swagger early in the 2016 campaign.

In a game that saw 6 turnovers, 3 by each team, this was not the typical offensive explosion that would have been expected from both these two squads. Everyone has heard about the Cal defense, with last year Freshman of the Year winner FS Antoine Thompson, is as dangerous as any and has only allowed one USER to score more than 20 points in 6 game now.

The Cal offense was able to move the ball often into ASU territory in this game but with Cal QB Kline throwing three INT, it helped to keep the Sun Devils in the game. Late in the second quarter, ASU picked off a lazy ball thrown over the middle, and ASU looked to score 6 points with nothing between the defender and the endzone but open field. Surprisingly Cal RB Smith was able to catch the ASU defender and force the ASU offense to score the points. This feat was easily accomplished on the following play as Richard Smith WR #83 caught a awesome spectacular catch over the middle for 4 yards from ASU QB Kelly Davis (this catch rivals the other best catch animation I've seen in the game this far from MSU WR Burbridge Gngsta4Lyphe). Cal was forced to go three and out on the following drive which set-up the ASU offense to run the hurry up and get close enough to bang through a field goal as time expired.

Going into the half the Sun Devils were catching the breaks and were winning 10-3.

In the locker room at halftime Cal decided to make a few changes. With the effective ASU defense keeping Cal from their comforts they were going to have to start mixing it up. For the second half they brought a strategy of run from passing formations and pass from running formations. In the first half, ASU often filled the box on any 2 WR sets and left the WR with one-on-one coverage. This offensive decision would seem obvious, and it was very effective as Cal was able to keep the ASU defense off balance and Cal stopped throwing down-field that resulted in INT in the first half due to a lack of arm strength.

In the third quarter after back-to-back three and outs by both teams Cal was again forced to punt. This time, Cal punter Justin Andrews was going to try and swing the field possession battle with it being just a one score game. The ball did not make it out of bounds rather was a line drive that squibbed softly for 5 yards. ASU punt returner ran to the ball before at the last minute running away from the ball as the Cal special team members had already forced the return man to fumble earlier in the game. Unfortunately for ASU, the returner was hit in the leg by the ball setting up the Cal offense inside ASU's 30 yard line. Cal coveted on the field position and tied the game a few plays later on a short slant to WR Harper (highlight on wire).

After forcing the ASU offense to punt again early in the fourth quarter the Cal offense was backed up within their own ten yard line. The ASU defense had been over-anxious with their safeties often running them over the top of the outside WR. Knowing this Cal coach Fmode11 called a play for the RB to make a delayed go route directly up the middle of the field, hopefully splitting the often blitzing ASU LB. Worked as designed, Cal QB Kline hit RB Smith for 87 yard TD that put Cal ahead 17-10.

On the next possession on a critical third down just inside of Cal territory, with only 4 yards needed for the first down and under 5 minutes to go, ASU QB Kelly Davis dropped a perfectly thrown ball over the top ball of his own to speedy WR Richard Smith to tie the game.

Score 17-17.

Cal received the ball with a little over 4 minutes remaining in the game and the score tied. With what could be defined a key possession in the season, Cal QB Kline manufactured a drive that took Cal down the field, often running on the legs of Smith. The drive stalled deep in ASU territory and Cal was forced to kick the FG with just over a minute remaining.

ASU, on their second play after the Cal FG, threw a INT (highlight on wire) thus ending any hope of last second heroics. This game was tightly contested and saw many punts and turnovers on the afternoon. This was the first meeting between these two coaches and will not be the last.

Game Ball

[​IMG]
    Cal RB Damion Smith
    19 att 71 yds
    2 cth 90 yds 1 TD

Great game to abolishthefed

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  3. Hova

#17 Maryland 35
    #5 Oklahoma St 28

Maryland knocked off the #5 team in the country at home today in a very close game. The first half was a defensive battle with both teams struggling to move the ball and score. Things changed in the second half as OSU started to dominate on offense. Their QB was a superman throwing darts all over. Although he was sacked 7 times on the day, it should have been 12 because he broke about 5 sacks. The only bright part of the defense was DE Gordon who recorded a Maryland record of 5 sacks on the day. QB Montana had a horrible game throwing 4 INTs but making the big throws when they counted late. Maryland barely puts this one away as they move to 2-0 on the season. They head on a BYE next week before opening ACC play @ Duke in week 4.

QB Montana 147.7 Rating 12/24 296 YDS, 2 TDs, 4 INTs
    HB Johnson 16 Carries, 107 YDs, 2 TDs
    WR Diggs 3 Rec, 97 YDs, TD

DE Gordon 5 Tackles, 5 Sacks, FF

Youtube is apparently down so I can not post my play of the game.

4. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

PSU 24
    IOWA 14

The Nittany Lions traveled to Kinnick Stadium to take on the Hawkeyes in its B1G opener. PSU had its hands full knowing that it would have to contain QB Andre Stewart and the option. PSU would strike first as it took advantage of loose coverage as Nick White would hit WR Lance Thompson on a quick slant who would take it to the house for an 89yrd TD. Teams would trade punts and then Iowa would start to drive but Stewart would throw his first INT. PSU would turn the TO into a FG to go up 10-0 as the end of the first. In the 2nd Iowa would start to mix in some no huddle on drives and begin to the move the ball. But the PSU D would come up big and hold Iowa to two FG's on drives into PSU territory. With 1:20 left before half PSU would move the ball down the field quickly and get to the Iowa 5 with 20secs left. Nick Manning would punch in his only TD to push the lead to 11 before the half. The second half the PSU D would stand strong as it would turn over the Iowa Offense three times to stop drives. The Offense would add a TD pass to TE Joe Beach on a play action pass from the 8yrd line. PSU used a balanced offense 26 rushes and 21 passes along with 5/10 3rd down conversions to keep the Iowa option attack off the field. The PSU D was equally up to the task forcing 4to's, 2/5 3rd downs, 2 sacks, and 8/20 passing. Great win in a very tough place against a dangerous team.

GG LSUTRUTH

PSU Players of note
    QB Nick White 10/21 231yrds 2TD's 1INT
    RB Nick Manning 23att 109yrds 1TD
    CB Jason Jordan 5tkls, 2 Pass Breakups, 1 FF

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Screen Shot 2012-11-20 at 11.27.12 PM.png Screen Shot 2012-11-20 at 11.27.46 PM.png
    Rough copy of the footage from the game, it'll improve once I get the hang of the software.​

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Good stuff. I like the video capture -- looks likes the CPU was a tackle breaking machine. I don't look forward to playing Stanford this year.

7. Raidernation

Thanks Bro, yeah Stanford got some good plays off and watch out for Barry Sanders ... Yeah that one, he very shifty.

8. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

He has scored on me every year we played them...

9. Raidernation

I didn't realize it was him til this past game, I'm tyna improve on my follow up hitting to limit the long gains I did a good job on him, it was the other back that stung me.

10. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

The Wire says everyone is ready to go. Only 2 not greened up but recruiting was done and game was played. Raidernation can you play tonight if we advance?

11. Raidernation

Will have to be on the late night tip. Its my daughters B-Day today plus got a few games lined up for later.

12. Brandon S.

I'll be up late on COD, what time you thinking ?

13. Raidernation

........ HAHA, well crunch is home @ 12am so before or after that ...... got an Overdrive game too ..... I phucked up my schedule crazy, we'll make it happen tho.

14. Brandon S.

Hopefully HovaTheGodMC will advance soon and knock it out but if not we can do it at night, fuck it.

15. Hova

Im at work

16. Brandon S.

What time are you thinking you'll be home and can advance?