Legacy 2016 Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in week 6. 2 user games this week.

Game of the Week:

Penn State ( edge7771 ) @ #15 Arizona St ( abolishthefed )

Next ADV no later than THURS at 8 PM EST

2. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    28 - 21
    Cal escape late Rally for the Win

Although Cal QB Zac Kline is a senior, this is first year under center as the starter and boy is he having trouble not turning the ball over. He added three more interceptions this game to his already seven on the season. Thankfully most of these interceptions were thrown on OSU's side of the field. Cal was able to pass for 224 yards on the day getting most of the receiving group involved. Stand out freshman WR Owens caught 5 passes for 58 yards.

The story of the game was the effective carrying of Cal RB Damion Smith. The 6 foot junior is a speedy back and has produced less than average numbers so far this season (mostly due to three users games in a row). He got back on track against the very aggressive Beavers linebackers. On the day he carried for 129 yards on 29 carries and 4 touchdowns. This was the production that coach Fmode had envisioned. He must stay on track because Cal brought in the #2 RB Harrison last year and although Harrison has not be explosive in his limited number of carries, he is the future tailback for Cal.

Story of this game was the furious 4th quarter rally by Oregon State. Two huge third down conversions for extremely long yardage helped get the Beavers in the redzone on back-2-back possessions in the 4th quarter helping to close a 3 TD gap to 1. Cal was able to recover an outside kick and run out the clock in the end. The score does not represent how this game went as Cal controlled the clock 19:38 to the Beaver's 8:22.

Game Ball:
    [​IMG]
    RB Damion Smith
    29 att 129 yds 4 TD

RE Derek Walker (FRESHMAN)
    5 tack 4 sacks

3. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

31-0 Colorado at halftime. Start of the second half the offense scores a TD then the defense scores a TD. Backups in midway through the third, 3rd string and lower in the middle of the fourth.

LOL@WSU

Edit: I am also pretty sure that JR QB Justin Jackson became Colorado's all time leader in TD passes this game.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

11 completions for 276 yards and 3 TDs... a few deep balls?

5. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

TDs of 63, 50, and 48, with another 46 yarder thrown in there.

6. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

PSU 13
    #15 ASU 10 OT

The Nittany Lions traveled south to Tempe Ar. to take the on the 15th ranked ASU Sun devils. Once again the PSU defense would have to game plan for another mobile QB Kelly Davis that can turn a game with his legs and arm. PSU would open up on offense first and also get a look at a 335 for the first time this year. PSU would start off on the ground with HB Nick Manning pounding the rock. Mixing in some quick passes with the run QB Nick White would find WR Nathan Cox for a 40yrd TD pass. After the touch back ASU would set up with its first drive of the game. Davis would come out and waste little time moving the ball down the field. Quick passes with a couple short runs would set up ASU on a 3 down inside the 30. ASU would try and catch PSU with a draw but come up 1yrd short. ASU would run the FG team out on the field and knock in a 37yd FG to cut the lead to 7-3. At this point both D's would take over and pretty much shut each team down. ASU's D would really keep them in the game as PSU would have a couple chance's to come away with points. After going three and out PSU would punt deep and the ASU returner would muff the punt. The Nittany Lions would move inside the 10 with a 1st and goal and try to hit a deep out route. ASU FS Nick Wilson would come across the field and cut under the pass and take to the house for a 103yrd TD. ASU would go in at half with 10-7 lead on the strength of their Defense. To open up the second half ASU would start out on O. The 3rd would be a battle of punts and D. Both teams would dominate the other teams offense and try to pin the others offense deep. With about 2 mins left in the 3rd ASU HB DJ Foster would put the ball on the ground and PSU would recover. The PSU would have its drive stall on the 25 right before the end of the quarter. PSU kicked it before the change of field to use the wind to its favor, WRONG! With a 6mph wind to the right the kick still pushed left. So with the quarter over ASU would take 10-7 lead into the 4th and once again the D's would king of field as the O's could not get anything going. With just over 3mins left PSU D would come up with another stand and force a punt. With a couple big grabs PSU would get down to the 9 and face a 4th and 1. With over 30secs left PSU would line up for the Kick. ASU would call time out to put the kicker on ice and with the funky angle PSU ran the O back on the field. But after thinking about how pissed I would be if I didn't get it so I called TO. PSU would run the FG unit back out and line up for the ice kick which was good. ASU would have a shot at a 60yrd fg the would fall short and wide left. In OT PSU would get the ball first and manage to pick up on first down and kick a FG to go up three. ASU would come on its OT series and get stuffed on it first play. On 2nd 11 ASU Kelly Davis would make his first and biggest mistake as he would throw an int to end the game. Heck of a game both teams were really getting after each other as they tried to get breathing room. GG abolishthefed

Penn State Players of Note

WR Brian Brooks 6rec 75yrds

LE Ryan Coleman 2tkls 2tklsfl 1ff

K Terrance Brown 2/3fgs

7. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Great recap.... But can we a paragraph break here or there? That was tough on the eyes.

I would like to open the discussion for slider adjustment prior to the season end now that everyone has had an opportunity to play a few user/cpu games. HovaTheGodMC - I suggest a seperate thread to keep things clean and organized.

8. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Don't try that sh*t later in the season or you can ask abolishthefed and Raidernation what will happen... Hint: he plays free safety

9. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

You can try anything though with a roster like WSU :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

LOL ya no problem. As you can see English wasn't my strong point in school I always had a female friend type my papers for me. About 15 years ago my boss came to me and said hey why don't we let your secretary fill out your reports after you put it on tape for her.

11. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Stop the bullshit .... Please if it wasn't for ALL the defensive drops you'd be singing a different tune .... Work on your offense. You only scored on a fumble that if challenged would have crashed your season.... Game tape comming soon.

12. Raidernation

Good squad BAD hands ..... It kills me week in and week out.

13. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

No I mean WSU, as in Washington State, they may have one of the worst rosters I've seen. ;)

14. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Not sure what you're implying -- game tape will also show Cal won.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  15. Raidernation

Not implying ..... I wanna see it myself. your confidence in your mediocre safety is amazing ..... He's no Tom Davis :cool:

16. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I also don't user control my safety... it's all CPU

17. Raidernation

18. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Must be overinflated footballs in Seattle ;) . All kidding aside, there were a lot of drops. Many by my wide receivers as well. I literally went into a shell offense because I knew a turnover would change the game. Gg though... looking forward to an MSU/Arkansas match-up in the future. I'm just beginning to get that team re-worked. Thank god we saved the OD.

19. Raidernation

Yes indeed GG .... In hindsight had I not made serveral BAD throws the drops wouldn't have mattered, tho the first drop should have been a TD :D

Absolutely relieved we save the overdrive file, got a great team on the way up. I Remeber in NCAA12 I missed two straight offseason nights that along with us being unable to do players leavening the first two or three years ... Shit killed my interest.