Legacy 2016 Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in week 7. Lets pick up the pacee. 3 user games this week so get those scheduled asap.

Game of the Week:

#2 Georgia (BraveJaf) @ #5 Tennessee (Gwill)

Next ADV No later than THURS at 8 PM EST

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

LSU - 41
    UF - 17

I actually had to chew clock for like half of the third and all of the fourth quarter in this game, hence the low number of plays.

LSU played decent this game. Almost all of Florida's rushing yards came on two runs where the running back put on god mode and broke multiple tackles en route to touch downs. Aside from those runs... the defense played well. They forced two interceptions and recovered a fumble. Two of those were returned for TDs. The offense put up a solid performance against a strong defense. Miller put up a respectable 231 through the air with a TD and an INT where the MLB super bounced and caught it with 1 hand. Seward and Thomas both surpassed 100 yards and receiving and rushing respectively. Abrams led the team in tackles, had a sack, and scored a TD. Cantrell returned an interception for a TD. Parker had 1.5 sacks. Fulton fucking sucked.

Lots of recruits visited this week, so we had a surplus of strippers of strippers on campus and there were many new sales at the dealerships this weekend.

Next week the Tigers play Mississippi State. They're terrible, so it should be an easy win... just need to figure out my optimal line-up on defense for future games against the Vols and Elephants.

3. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#3 Notre Dame 0
    #6 Ohio State 26

The Buckeye defense was all over the field in this one, forcing 3 turnovers and holding ND to 102 yards. The Buckeyes were helped out by ND receivers dropping big 3rd down passes early in the game. The Buckeye offense relied on Tressel ball and focused on taking shots when available and not taking on too much risk. Neither team was sharp on third down, as ND was 1-8 and tOSU was 1-9.

GG MoonBBad

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

#4 Bama @ #9 Washington 38-12

Washington chose to receive at the half....Alabama managed put together a decent drive to start the game, but it was ended around the 30 yard line with an interception. On Washington's first possession the Crimson Tide defense was able to pick up the offense with a 67 yard TD return off an interception by redshirt Senior OLB Dominic Wright. Bama got another interception on the following drive and then the offense was able to get rolling.

Freshman WR Jamal Alexander caught a 9 yard TD pass from QB Todd Price to take a 14-0 lead. Then, Senior WR Jon Fields caught TD passes of 37 and 51 yards to close out the remainder of the 1st quarter. Alabama took up most of the 2nd quarter with a 4:45 drive that was capped off with a 7 yard rushing TD by Adam Jones. After a FG by Washington, the score at the half was 35-3.

Washington managed 9 points in the fourth quarter, 2 off of a safety and 7 off a WR mossing CB John Archer.

Alabama will face off against Ole Miss next week, before taking on gwill and the Tennessee Volunteers in week 9.

5. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

There are moments in ones life when you realize you are getting old, this was my NCAA moment. Great game by you Murk, I should be demoted to the minors.... You smug bastard.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Shuuut up

7. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Purdue 14
    #8 Iowa 48

Iowa gets off to a slow start but takes the lead and scores 24 points in the second quarter and never lost the lead from there. Purdue got close in the third but Iowa scored as well and put up two more TDs in the fourth. Unfortunately for Iowa they lost starting HB Kevin Singleton for 9 weeks with a broken fibula early in the fourth quarter. Backup Dwayne Berry is going to have to step up along with the Iowa passing offense. Singleton finished with 175 yards including a 57 yard touchdown run. He has put up 800+ yards and 8 touchdowns until now.

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Cmon Moon! When ya gunna beat OSU??

9. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I fucking suck. I concur with BigKing, I am getting too old for this shit.

10. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Maybe we need to start an old man's league. Kinda like a beer league of slow pitch softball.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You men are an inspiration to my generation

12. abolishthefed

He beat me in season one. That was more than enough.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

pffft.

Aren't you like 28?

14. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Close, 29 going on 40.

15. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Stanford - 7
    ASU - 44

It wasn't close to a contest as ASU ran away with this game in the second quarter. QB Richie Vinson had his best game to date, throwing for 300 yards. The defense held well, forcing Stanford's QB to only 94 yards on 7/22 completions.

Stats

Passing
    R. Vinson - 18/31, 300 yds, 2 TD/2 INT

Rushing
    L. Peterson - 22 att, 149 yds, 4 TD

Receiving
    P. Brady - 5 rec, 122 yds, TD
    S. James - 8 rec, 112 yds
    A. McMillan- 2 rec, 43 yds, TD

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Chance we advance tonight?

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yes, if Kaen plays.

gwill and I will play our game around 7:30-8:00 PM EST.

18. Kaen

Kaen Walk On

I'll be playing around 9:30 tonight.

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Sweet...good deal guys!

20. abolishthefed

29? Hell, I still had my sanity at 29.

21. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

(This is going to be a shitty summary, since I am at work and have no access to Dynasty Wire. I will try to fix when I get home from work, but wanted to at least post something)

#2 Georgia 24
    #5 Tennessee 14

This score does not indicate how this game progressed. I jumped out to an early 10-0 lead, thanks mostly to a TD pass from Blalock to my tight end. The Bulldogs' offense stalled for the majority of the game and an option fumble allowed Tennessee to get back in the game. Tennessee was finally able to get an offensive score and took a 14-10 lead.

The score remained 14-10 till about the 3 minute mark in the fourth quarter. Blalock and the forgotten tight end hooked up for another score, to reclaim the lead. Blalock placed this pass perfectly. He had a LB playing underneath coverage and a safety on the right, ball was placed just over the LB and it was thrown to receivers left side. Tennessee had time to tie the game or take the lead but the Volunteers threw another pick. This one would have gone for a TD but I stupidly decided to run it out around the 7 yard line... looking back that was a terrible decision. Luckily the offense was able to get the 7 yards and a TD, and forced Tennessee to waste 2 timeouts. Another Volunteers' INT ended the game.

Overall this was an ugly offensive game, or well played defensive game. The offenses each turned it over 4 times. UGA free safety Hodges grabbed the first and last interceptions for Georgia.

gwill - good game, we are now even at 1-1. My team only won because I have the better roster. I doubt I have a 99 overall team next season, with 17 seniors and a bunch of juniors I can't sway back.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  22. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I honestly was just hoping not to get shut out. It's hard to win when your starting QB has Throw Accuracy of 67. My offense has been hit/miss all year though. The one positive about having a relatively young team is that experience they get now will help in the long run.

• Like Like x 1