Legacy 2017 Bowl Season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in Bowl Season. 2 user games this week.

Next ADV no later than THURS at 9 PM EST

2. Hova

Most bullshit game I have ever played in my fucking life. Montana sucked balls got picked 6 times. Boise got instant pressure and had everyone locked all game. I score with 56 seconds lefts and take the lead then the cheaters return the ensuing TD everyone blocked the whole time untouched. Then of course montana gets hurt and my back off gets picked on a superman SS dive. Maryland wants again fucks its shot at getting its 6th star. Senior season ruined for Montana, this program will only sink from here.

3. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

:oops:

4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

SO, did d-wire stop accepting game highlights after week 13?!

5. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Sounds like my game against Miami and second half against Virginia!

• Like Like x 1
  6. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Since I was unable to get into a bowl game, here's my write up from OTP. Such a good game just wanted to share it here.
    Cowboys Calm the Canes in Close Battle
    31-28
    [​IMG]
    Torrance Carr catches a pass just past Miami's Nate Dortch. The play resulted in a 48 yard gain and set up the
    Cowboys to attempt the game winning field goal.
    The Cowboys were ecstatic to be selected for the Discover Orange Bowl after a season ending let-down against OU in the Bedlam Game. The opponent was a very strong Miami Hurricanes team that had a very different approach for moving the football. Two different offensive styles clashed as the Cowboys brought in Heisman, O'Brien, and Maxwell winning quarterback JW Walsh and an impressive air raid offense. The Canes brought in a dominating running, pro style offense and would be attempting to control the ball and keep the impressive OSU offense on the sideline. The game went back and forth and was definitely one of the best orange bowls in recent memory as the Cowboys pulled off a last second win against the Hurricanes.
    The Cowboys received the opening kickoff after winning the toss and appeared to be hitting stride on the first drive. Walsh scrambled for 27 yards on the first play from scrimmage and went 3/3 on the drive. Despite the scramble, the Cowboys could not get anything going on the ground. Roland had two rushes for -5 yards on the drive and the Miami defense often forced OSU to play behind the chains on second and third down due to the outstanding rush defense. Finally the drive stalled at the Miami 20 on a fourth and inches. Coach Gundy was eager to send an early message to the opponent. The Cowboys lined up in a full house pistol formation and attempted to rush Wilson for the first down but were denied by a stop behind the line. Miami had thwarted the Cowboys first drive and had made an impressive play early in the ball game. After taking over on downs, the Miami offense marched down the field. The Canes had gone 51 yards in 5 plays to set up a 46 yard field goal. The boot by Darrick Battle barely went over the crossbar and gave Miami the first points of the game with 2:05 remaining in the first quarter.
    JW Walsh picked up right where he left off on his second possession. The Cowboys wen 75 yards in 11 plays. Walsh was 7/7 on the drive and continued to spread the ball out to all of his receivers. The drive was capped off by a 13 yard pass from Walsh to Glidden over the middle of the field. With a 7-3 lead and a new surge of confidence, the Cowboy defense stepped back onto the field looking to make a play, and that is exactly what happened. True freshman Chad Ryan had been picked on all year and expected in coming into the bowl game as well, but this time he made a play on the deep ball snatching it out of the Miami receiver's hands (This literally happened the circle briefly went around the Miami receiver as though he had possession of the ball and then Ryan intercepted it).
    Ryan's play set up a short field for the red-hot Walsh. It only took the offense 3 plays to find the endzone after taking over at the Miami 47. Walsh threw a pass that lead a streaking Torrance Carr toward the inside of the defender and Carr was able to snatch the ball out of the air past the diving attempt of Miami's cornerback Nate Dortsch. The impressive throw and catch gave the Pokes a 14-3 lead with 4:40 remaining until halftime. The Canes weren't going down without a fighwt. Miami halfback Dallas Crawford put the team on his shoulders as he began pounding away at the Cowboy defense. The Hurricanes responded with a touchdown drive of their own in which Crawford had 57 of the 75 yards including the four yard touchdown the cap the drive.
    It was at this point that the Cowboys offense stalled. The Miami defensive line began imposing its will on the offensive line and Walsh was sacked twice on the ensuing drive and eventually intercepted on a third and long. Walsh had completed every attempt until that point. The turnover sent a surge of momentum to the Miami sideline and gave the Miami offense a chance to put more points on the board. Hurricane quarterback Preston Dewey led his offense 23 yards before the OSU defense clamped down. The drive allowed the Canes to attempt another 46 yard field goal. Coach Gundy used his last time out to attempt to ice Battle and to stop the running clock for another shot at points. Miami's Battle again barely got the ball over the crossbar with 0:40 seconds left. The Pokes attempted to move the ball again, but a first down sack negated that idea. Roland ran the clock out on the last play of the first half. The Cowboys led the Canes 14-13.
    [​IMG]
    Zac Butler catches a 9 yard slant pass from Walsh for a touchdown to make the score 21-13.
    The third quarter opened as a defensive stalemate. Neither offense could gain any traction throughout the first half of the quarter. Finally on the Cowboys' third possession of the quarter Walsh was able to put together an impressive 8 play, 68 yard drive. The key play of the drive was a 27 yard pass to Zac Veatch on 3rd and 11 from the Miami 48 yard line. Two plays later Walsh found his favorite target Zac Butler on a slant route for the 9 yard touchdown. The Cowboys were up 21-13, but the 8 point lead was not safe for very long. Just as Walsh stepped up when his team needed him, so did Miami's Dallas Crawford. The powerful halfback took a counter 42 yards into the endzone after breaking two tackles on the perimeter. Crawford's rush on the two point attempt failed and the Cowboys held a 21-19 lead with 2:36 remaining in the third.
    The whole complexion of the game changed on the following drive. The Cowboys again began to move the ball down the field, but not by the arm of Walsh, Roland and Wilson were able to find success on the ground against the Canes' defense. The success was short lived though. Soon the Cowboys were facing a third and 15 from the Miami 36 yard line. The third down attempt fell incomplete and Groza award winner Adam Cole came on to attempt the 53 yard field goal. The freshman kicker was unable to connect. The ball hit the crossbar and fell to the ground. When asked about the first kick after the game Cole remarked, "I just didn't get everything on it. I pulled up a little early, but I can make that kick at least 8/10 times." Now the away team had the advantage in the back and forth game going into the fourth quarter.
    The Hurricanes wasted no time taking advantage of the missed field goal. Crawford and Dewey kept the Cowboy defense on it's heels with a mix of run and pass. The Cowboys were unable to get any pressure on Dewey nor were they able to keep Crawford from gashing through the defense. The Hurricanes had the lead within a minute after the missed field goal. Dewey found wideout Garrett Kidd for a 37 yard touchdown on a post pattern. Dewey was able to just get the pass off before the blitz got there and as the old saying goes, "You either get beat by the blitz or beat the blitz." The Hurricanes again attempted a two point conversion, but Kidd was unable to hang on to the slant pass. With 6:37 remaining in the game the Canes lead 25-21.
    Coach Gundy was seen talking to his quarterback after the Hurricanes took the lead in fourth in a fiery manner. The Coach sent his offense back out onto the field and what he told Walsh seemed to have been perfect. The Cowboys struck very quickly against a very aggressive Miami defense. The Canes had been coming up all game to defend the shorter passes, so the Cowboys switched up the play calling. "Usually we like to go for crossers and routes 10-15 yards deep. We want our quarterback to be able to make a quick read and get the ball out of his hands. So we don't plan deep shots too often, but Miami was just begging for it at this point. They had been creeping up since the second quarter and it had worked, so we knew something had to change. So we attacked deep and it worked like a charm. I told JW that this was his drive and to show everyone why he's the best quarterback in the nation," said Gundy post-game.
    On the first play of the drive, Walsh lobbed a pass up the left sideline and Carr made the catch behind the leaping Miami defender and was just able to get a foot in bounds. The next play it was Butler's turn. A combination of out and up routes caused freshman safety Charles Foster to jump on pump-fake leaving Butler to jet down the field. By the time the safety was able to recover it was too late, and Butler had caught an easy pass in the endzone. The Cowboys kicked the extra point to go up 28-25 with nearly the entire quarter left to be played.
    [​IMG]
    Zac Butler gets behind Miami's Charles Foster for a 36 yard touchdown.
    Both teams went three and out on the following possessions, but the Hurricanes put together a drive with four minutes remaining. The balanced offensive attack kept the Cowboys from making any plays on the defensive front. The Canes were able to convert two 3rd and 11's on the drive and the frustration on Coach Gundy's face was very telling. Just when it seemed as though Preston was going to make another play on third down, strong safety Isaac Maselera hit Preston just before he was able to release the ball and sacked the Miami quarterback. The Cowboy defense may not have been able to shut down the Hurricane offense very often, but they did tighten up on their side of the field. The Pokes had forced two long field goals earlier in the game and now late in the game they had done the same. Battle made the 42 yard field goal and tied the game at 28 with 2:06 remaining.
    Walsh stepped onto the field with his offense and appeared cool and calm. Both the offense and defense knew that one play could completely change the game with so little time remaining, and it was the Cowboy offense that made the play. Walsh audibled after the defense showed its hand on a hard count. Walsh threw a slant to Carr on a play that was almost identical to the touchdown play earlier in which Nate Dortch dove in attempt to deflect the pass, but was unsuccessful. Carr turned upfield and ran for 63 yards before being tackled at the Miami 12 yard line. It was at that point that Walsh slowed down the offense and began to run the clock out. Miami had all three timeouts, but neglected to use them. Wilson and Roland were able burn 1:30 off the clock before Coach Gundy called a timeout with 0:05 remaining to line up the field goal. Miami's Al Golden then called his first timeout to attempt to freeze Cole on the 22 yard attempt, but Cole made up for his earlier miss and banged the field goal through with 0:02 remaining. The following squib kick kept any miracles from happening and the Cowboys were able to take down Miami in what was essentially a home game for the Hurricanes.
    [​IMG]
    JW Walsh Celebrates after throwing the final touchdown of his Cowboy career.
    Walsh is projected to be selected in the first round of the upcoming NFL Draft.
    **This was by far the best game I've ever played on NCAA 13. The AI was very good and some great, diverse animations occurred, diving attempts at my passes, called great plays on offense and defense, and I felt the game was very very fair, but still a challenge. I wish every game could play out this way against better CPU teams. The game was so frustrating at times, but in a GREAT way!**

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hova

That's awesome. I've yet to have a CPU experience like that lol

8. droid43

droid43 Walk On

That's why I was so shocked. Granted I still couldn't run out of shotgun or pistol except for a few runs, but other than that it was everything I want out of an NCAA game. Offense was easy at times, but other times I couldn't move the ball. Definitely a great experience. Hopefully that will be a regularity in 14.