Legacy 2017 Season Kickoff (week 1)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2017 Has arrived and it is filled with HUGE match-ups. The schedules are loaded with user games and it should make for a fun season. We start with 5 user games this week so everybody get your threads up asap. You also need to get your 2017 recruiting threads up.

Games of the Week:

#8 Va Tech (I Wictorius I) @ #3 USC (HovatheGodMC)

#2 Oregon (Hokie Effect) @ #1 Alabama (Cnic75)

#4 Penn St (BraveJaf) @ #6 Georgia (AbolishtheFed)

#5 LSU (AjTev21) @ #10 Ohio St (Ceewo)

#16 UCLA (Maxattax34) @ #14 Clemson (Divisibleduke)

Next ADV will be no later than THURSDAY at NOON EST.

Good luck to everybody this season!

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State/Georgia should be going down about 9 PM EST. No point in making thread since we discussed it during the offseason.

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Bruins Impress in Opener
    38-17

Clemson, SC (AP) -- Almost all programs hype their team up over the offseason, and UCLA is no exception. They werent a spectacular team last year, and they still arent this year but they are better. With a lot of returning players the Bruins seem to have improved across the board. Their offensive line allowed a more confident, Senior RB Ryan Bates to have a great game against a stingy defense. Lee Downing is now the undisputed leader of the team and UCLA's most talented player. Downing proved that by kicking off the scoring with a 34yd TD strike to So. WR Cox. The ball was on a rope and in between coverage, but only in a spot where Cox could make a play.

In an effort to avoid injuries and to get the best players on the field, Bates shared carries with true Freshman RB A.J. Simpson. Simpson is a tough runner and shed a few tackles that turned losses into gains. He even punched one in for 6 in his NCAA debut. Bates and Downing really shouldered the load on offense though. The Senior tandem will have to execute like this all season if the Bruins are to become Pac10 Champs again.

As far as the defense, they forced 3 interceptions, allowed only 2/6 3rd downs, and held Clemson under 300yd of total offense. The QBs on Clemson gave a lack-luster performance... UCLA fans need to hope that was because of their defense. There are still weak spots, especially in the secondary but the front 7 looked good.

Next week, Coach Max and the Bruins head to The Big House to take on a Michigan team lead by an interim HC. Things dont get any easier for them in week 3 when they play their home-opener against #1 Alabama.

Downing
    16/22 242yd 2TD 1INT

Bates
    13ATT 93yd 2TD

Simpson
    7ATT 39yd 1TD

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

LOL.

I have to run the friggin gauntlet the first 5 weeks of the season.

OOC user games against OSU, USC, and PSU. Good players with very good teams.

This first game could end up being very, very bad. USC is absolutely stacked.

5. Hova

Ya I have 3 straight USER games as well, I gave everybody as many as possible this year lol CPU is just awful now

6. Wick36

I feel bad for Clemson on that user pick. I hate when the receivers do that.

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

yea he was slackin. But I user controlled that dude the whole way. Dont count out my positioning ;)

8. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Can't blame him, I was trying to do something I don't usually do which is pass.

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I have 4 straight user games, but 1 down.

Oregon vs Alabama has been played. I will write a summary up tomorrow and I won't be able to finish recruiting until tomorrow. I have to spend some time with the wifey tonight.

10. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 3
    Oregon - 27

We will have a new National Champion this season. Alabama was thoroughly embarrassed in the season opener at home. Oregon controlled the tempo all afternoon long. The Duck defense shut down Alabama's potent running game and forced the Tide to go to the air. That did not work either. Super Sophomore Joe McKinley ended with -1 yards and Joey Taylor finished with 18. Oregon was in the Alabama backfield for most of the game. John Bowling was 19 for 36 for 205 yards and 2 interceptions. He was also sacked 5 times.

11. Wick36

12. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

LSU prevents the shutout of the SEC, with a big win over Ohio State.

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State 21
    Georgia 7

After an embarrassing effort in the National Title game, Penn State coaches spent the offseason preparing for another run at the title. The first change was at the QB position. Eddie Darby is more physically talented but he has shown poor judgment in big games, as evident by his picks against Bama. Senior Seth Nelson got the nod in this game and he played a perfect game, completing all 9 pass attempts. The 9 completions included 2 touchdown tosses to WR Chris Pino. Another offseason change was the playbook. A new offensive coordinator was brought in with an 'air raid' offense, but the gameplan for the Georgia game was a balanced attack. Junior HB William Johnson didn't put up big yards in this game but he kept the chains moving. He finished with 68 yards, but his totals would look better if a 75 yard run wasn't called back. True freshman Richard Sims also added 34 yards rushing, including a short rushing score.

On defense Penn State used a 'bend but don't break' strategy. This worked well as Georgia was able to move the ball, but the Bulldogs only found the endzone once. One key was the run defense shutting down Georgia's back Chris Smith. The second key was the takeaways. Penn State picked off Georgia QB Jon Williams 4 times in this game. Kelvin Hall grabbed 2 picks, along with 6 tackles on the day. Dan Gooden and Casey Wright grabbed the other picks. In between the interceptions Williams passed for 229 yards and a TD.

Next up for Penn State is a shot at last year's #2 team Virginia Tech. Penn State plays nearly every top 10 team this season, so they will need to earn their way back to the BCS Title game.

First Quarter
    02:52TDPenn StateRichard Sims HB #45 3 yard rush
    Second Quarter
    05:38TDPenn StateChris Pino WR #86 47 yard pass from Seth Nelson QB #7
    Third Quarter
    03:08TDGeorgiaJarrett Moore WR #87 4 yard pass from Jon Williams QB #3
    Forth Quarter
    06:09TDPenn StateChris Pino WR #86 21 yard pass from Seth Nelson QB #7

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Minnesota recruiting done for the week, bye for a game.

:(

15. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

LSU 43
    Ohio State 42 (F/OT)

Wow what a game! The first quarter had some defense in it, or at least they slowed the offenses. LSU HB Garcia punched in a 1 yard TD for the only score. OSU QB McKenzie fired back with a TD pass to Miller. Heisman front runner, Eric Martin answered with a 17 yard TD strike to Baker. McKenzie struck on a beautifully thrown post route to Warren for a 56 yard TD pass. Eric Martin again answered this time to senior Carlos Stewart. Wit a 21-14 lead ad the ball in the second half LSU squandered an oportunity to take commanding lead. OSU turned the ball over on the ensuing possession and afer an LSU punt, OSU finally punched a TD in. Garcia was able to start the 4th quarter with a score to take back the lead. McKenzie fired another TD pass which again was answered by Martin with a TD pass to Cox. On 4th and 4 from the 4 and 8 seconds left in the 4th quarter, Ohio State QB McKenzie completed at 4 yard pass to Miller for the game tying TD. In over time, OSU broke off a 16 yard scamper by Harris and lead by 7. On their possession LSU wasted no time; Eric Martin fired a 25 yard TD pass to Cox and LSU was down by one. In a gusty move by embattled LSU coach, ajtev21, decided to go for 2. The pass was completed and LSU takes home a 43-42 win. Eric Martin was 20-30 for 303 YARDS 4 TDs and 2 INTs. Cox had 6 receptions for 78 yards and 2 TDs. Garcia had 18 rushing attempts for 69 yards and 2 TDs. Great game ceewo. Next, the Tigers will host the 'U'.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Sounds like a barn burner ajtev! heading to the wire now and hoping for some highlights

17. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

LSU wins the turnover battle and the game. The OSU defense was sloppy and could not get Keep LSU out of the endzone. I wish I would have stuck more to the run game. It was effective when I used it,but found myself playing towards the Tigers tempo. Great Game AJ.

18. Hova

Lol I feel ya. I ended up throwing for like 600 yards when I played him

19. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Looks like cnic beat me to it. Was really a sloppy game as neither teams offense looked impressive. QB Bryce Jones had an 84yds option keeper TD and a couple of other big runs. Other than that the Ducks offense was stymied. With the help of 2 Bama turnovers, Oregon was able to win the field position battle and put some points on the board. Alabama was unable to establish their potent running game and forced to go to the air more than they would have liked. Oregon was able to provide pressure on the QB and force some bad throws. GG cnic and I wouldn't count yourself out yet. There are PLENTY on user games left.

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I have like 5 more user games left, including games against Ohio State, Clemson, LSU and Virginia Tech. I'm pretty sure all those schools finished in top 10 or 15 last year. Thanks Hova :p.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I have 5 more as well. PSU, Minnesota, USC, Va Tech, and cant remember the last one.

22. Hova

Minny counts as a CPU, cmon they can't be over D+

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah, best defensive players 82 ovr i think. I think the team ratings are like around 75

24. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I scouted them after my game with Georgia. They have high 60's or low 70's guys at probably half the positions. Barring Kasper being god of NCAA, my team better win that game. :)

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Haha just hoping to keep it close for 3 quarters