Legacy 2017 Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Feb 21, 2009
    We are now into week 11. 2 user games this week.

Game of the Week:

#12 Alabama (Murkya21) @ #1 LSU (Killernuts)

Next ADV no later than TUES at 9 PM EST
  2. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Mar 13, 2011
    Washington 48
    Georgia Tech 0

The Huskies dominated the Yellow Jackets throughout the game. All American & Heisman candidate Tim Culp was left uncovered most of the day resulting in 14 catches for 243 yards and 4 scores. Georgia Tech completed 2 passes the entire game. The bad news for Washington is that starting quarterback Jason Huff was lost for the season with broken ribs.
  3. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Feb 21, 2011
    ASU - 59
    UCLA - 16

UCLA played great in the first quarter, but fell off afterwards, with the Sun Devils obliterating them in the last three quarters to coast to a blowout victory. It was a much needed win after back to back losses.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Jul 13, 2009
    Georgia 49
    Kentucky :goal:

The Bulldogs coach won't admit it, but no one saw the Wildcats as a serious threat. It is questionable why Kentucky even bothers having a football team. As for the game, the star of the show was 5th year senior Forte. The FB playing HB led the team with 159 yards. This included a 79 yard TD. He also scored a 16 yard TD in the third quarter. Freshmen Jackson, Lewis and J. Jones accounted for the other scores. Jackson tossed a pair of touchdowns to Mitchell. Lewis rushed in a short score and added 33 yards rushing. As for Jess Jones, he ran back a punt for a 77 yard score.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Aug 8, 2011
    Cal wins a Tight one vs Oregon State
    EA SPORTS NCAA Football Ov Cal.png
    This was a slow game for Cal's Offense, Oregon State should have won this game but they just had too many turnovers and lost their starting RB for the whole game. Hopefully next week our offense will be juiced up and ready to play Will Atkinson and his Oregon ducks to clinch a Pac-12 Title Berth
  6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Jul 14, 2010
    LSU - 30
    Alabama - 17

I was concerned that I might drop this one from being rusty, but the rust did not show as much as I thought it might. First couple drives I hit the wrong receiver button, but thankfully none of them ended in interceptions.

LSU got off to a decent start, scoring a FG on the first drive of the game. However, the special teams gave up a kick return for a TD on the ensuing kick off. LSU answered with another field goal. The Tigers ended up taking the lead into half time and did not give it up.

Overall, the defense played pretty well. They did not let up any TDs until the very end of the game. They didn't do great against the pass, allowing 6-9 attempts to be completed, but were able to minimize the gains to just 57 yards. In addition, they were able to stop the option attack, allowing 79 yards on 29 carries.

The run game for LSU was similarly weak, with Green gaining 64 yards on 15 carries. Alabama tended to stay with the 3-4 as long as he was on the field, so the Tigers spread it out a lot that game, meaning the run game was usually outnumbered in the box. Riley definitely took advantage of some of these mismatches though, completing over 70% of his passes for 369 yards. Brandon Smith was his favorite target, catching 6 balls for 151 yards.

This game pretty much wraps up the battle for the SEC West. Looking ahead, it appears that it will be another matchup with the Bulldogs of Georgia.
  7. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

Jan 22, 2012
    Oregon 22 Stanford 21​
    Offensively the Ducks started off pretty well, moving the ball consistently but stalling out in the red zone due to poor play-calling and I give a lot of credit to Standford's defense, they played well above what there record is this year. We had to settle for a lot FG's this game and it added up in the end to be just enough to escape with the victory. Stanford made two big plays early in the game to get out to an early double digit lead, which they took into 4th quarter before I finally took advantage of a huge PA pass for a TD which really silenced the crowd, then after a defensive stop, we had an impressive punt return almost into FG range, a couple of plays later Meeks hit 53 yard FG to give us the lead..The defense held strong the last 4 mins, including a big 4th down play with under 2 mins to go with Stanford almost in FG range..​
    Offensive MVP: Kevin Meeks: 5/6 FG : 46,57,26,55,53... Missed from 60​
    Defensive MVP: Brian Thompson lead the team with 6 tackles..​
    Next week the Ducks travel to CAL for there shot at upsetting the #2 team in the nation..​
  8. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Feb 21, 2011

No offense meant to Ghost, but avenge my almost win lol
    • Like Like x 2