Legacy 2017 Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, May 1, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy is now ADV to week 12. We have NO user games so should be a quick advance.

NO GAME OF THE WEEK

Next ADV no later than WED at 10 am EST

2. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Ohio State 31
    Michigan 16

This was a huge rivalry game for the Buckeyes. We played in the hostile "Big House" and was met by a team that has seen better days. They have some talent on the team, but some areas look like an FCS school. LT was one of the positions that had FCS caliber talent. DE Jamaal Winston took full advantage and had a career day. He ended the day with 8 tackles and 5 sacks. He now has 16 on the season and broke the old Ohio State single record of 14. Our offense practiced all week on protecting the football. For the first time all year, I believe, we did not commit a single turnover. WR Joe Burton torched the Wolverine secondary and was open all day. He finished with 7 receptions for 251 yards and 2 TD. This was a big win for us in what has been a disappointing season by Ohio State standards. We have one more game against a very tough VT squad. Id really like to see this team finish out this season strong and build some momentum for next year.

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Can't decide if I want to sign 3 3 star tackles. I have a bunch of unfilled scholarships, but I can't decide if I want to sign these chumps.

4. Wick36

Virginia Tech 59
    UVA 20

This game was over from the start. Virginia Tech man handled their in state opponents the entire game. Offensively, they threw and ran the ball very well. Garcia had by far his best game of the season. Defensively, Lee, Mosby, and Mansfield played very well.

James Mosby, Freshman FS
    James has put together a great season up to this point. In fact, his numbers thus far are very close to a freshman safety of a few years ago, Rick Washington of USC. Washington went on to have a great career at USC, something that Virginia Tech fans hope Mosby will be able to do as well.

Since it's draft time IRL, let's take a look at the draft prospects of some VT players...

Senior QB Jerome Davis, 6'4", 211 lbs
    Over the course of his career, he has shown that he is capable of both passing and receiving. He has decent top end speed and good agility. He has one of the better arms in the country. He only has one season at QB, and it's had it's ups and downs. He's thrown for a decent amount of yardage and has completed a good percentage of his passes, but his TD:INT ratio is a little bit poor. Davis may get drafted in a late round, but he will most likely have to make a switch to WR

Senior CB Eddie Parker, 6'2", 182 lbs
    Parker has good height at 6'2" that will certainly help him cover big NFL receivers. He has great recovery speed, and is one of the smartest players in this year's draft class. He has 4 years of playing experience, which gives us a large body of work. Parker has seen a bit of a production dip this season, with less tackles and less interceptions than last year. This can probably be attributed to the departure of Tristan Terry. Teams are avoiding throws his way more now that the Terry is gone. His ability to play the run has improved though. His hands are suspect and he sometimes misses some easy tackles. Expect Parker to be a 3rd to 4th round selection, possibly higher if teams panic because a few other defensive backs go early.

Senior DT Maurice Foreman, 6'4", 267 lbs
    Foreman is large and has performed well in the 3 seasons he's played for the Hokies. He is not quite big enough to play 3-4 nose, and he is too slow to play 3-4 DT, so he's really limited to a 4-3 DT. His mobility is poor, but he doesn't miss tackles, hits hard, and is extremely difficult to block. He's got the stamina to play every down, all game, and commands double teams constantly. He's made lots of plays in the back field during his career and has 16 sacks. Expect Foreman to be another 3rd to 4th round pick due to his lack of versatility.

Senior DE Courtney Lee, 6'1", 244 lbs
    Lee is a transfer from a JUCO transfer who has done well in his time for the Hokies. In two seasons, he's racked up 61 tackles, with over half of them for a loss and 11 sacks. He's forced 3 fumbles and has jumped on just as many. He was extremely good at rushing the pass rusher this season, and has still done well, but was asked to focus more on stopping the run this season with the loss of DE Mitchell. Lee will most likely make a move to 3-4 OLB in the NFL and is likely to be a late 2nd round pick.

Senior LT James Williams, 6'4", 338 lbs
    Williams has started for 3 seasons at LT, but has really struggled this year in pass protection this season. A lot of this may be on Davis, but he's done a poor job at times. He's the biggest guy available, and the NFL loves size. He will probably go off the board in one of the last 3 rounds due to his poor performances this season.

Senior RG BJ Terrell, 6'2", 310 lbs
    BJ has been a captain for the Hokies for the last two seasons, an honor that is rare for an offensive lineman. He's one of the smartest players in the country and is very well rounded. There is a very good chance that he will make a move to center. He is projected as a 2nd to 3rd round pick.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

let me have that one :(

He has an opportunity to be something at Minnesota..

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State 41
    Michigan State 6

Another win for Penn State, who has now won 22 consecutive regular season games. The Nittany Lions rolled out Eddie Darby at QB, though the starter for week 13 and 14 is still up in the air. Darby brings the big play threat, while Nelson is better at avoiding mistakes. In this game Darby limited his mistakes while having a huge day passing. He only played the first half due to 32 point Penn State lead. In that time Darby passed for 357 yards and 5 touchdowns. WR4 Lee had a career day with 8 receptions 140 yards and 3 TD receptions. WR3 Pino continued his strong season with 115 yards, including a 70 yard TD to end the first half. WR2 Scott caught the other TD, finishing with 66 yards. On defense Penn State didn't give up big plays and forced 3 turnovers. CB1 Kevin Hall grabbed a pick in this game, his 6th of the season. CB3 Shuler also picked off a pass and Penn State's defense also scooped up a fumble.

Penn State has just 2 games remaining, but both will be tough challenges. The Nittany Lions take on Clemson in week 13 and LSU in week 14. Both games are on the road so they will be facing off with hostile crowds.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Iowa 17 Minnesota 14

Gah, hurt to lose this one. Iowa just had to much momentum in the second half after they returned a sack fumble. RB's turned in an alright day, and receiver Britt had a solid outing (should be a force next season if he can put in some work in the offseason).

Defense did great only surrendering 10 points.

8. Wick36

lol.

He's by far the worst of the 3. I might only sign the juco guy.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah I let him go anyways.

10. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Is the passing still too easy?

11. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#10 Georgia 59
    Vanderbilt 6

Georgia scored 28 points in the first quarter en route to a big win in its final SEC regular season game. The bomb squad saw extensive action in the second half. HB Chris Smith went over 100 yards on the ground, while WR Jarret Moore caught over 100 yards through the air. Georgia concludes the season with a couple ACC tilts @Miami and @Clemson.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I just don't pass at all, but if you would like me to say "I eat my words," then so be it.. but you have to factor in my offensive line etc.

But I will take it back for now..

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

14. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

ill be finished. was in houston a lot longer than I thought I would this weekend.