Legacy 2017 Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in week 12. 2 user games this week.

Next ADV no later than WED at 8 PM EST

2. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

The Colorado defense plays their best game of the year today, forcing 7 turnovers while scoring 2 defensive TDs, to lead the Buffaloes to a win over Cal. The Golden Bears just looked out of sorts today, dropping some passes, but missing quite a few tackles which is very strange for them. That allowed Colorado to have a decent running game to help keep possession once they got the turnovers. QB Justin Jackson was average, going 8/15 with a TD and an INT, while HB Derrick Hayes ground out 96 yards and a TD. CB Freddie Davis was player of the game with his 6 tackle and 2 interception performance.

GG Fmode11

• Like Like x 2
  3. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Strong and Powell-ful
    VA Tech upsets NC State 31-17
    [​IMG]
    Third string halfback Andre Strong rushed for 156 yards on 25 carries against the Wolf Pack
    Coach Droid's statement after the Miami game last week appears to have sunk in with the players and coaching staff. The Hokies returned to Blacksburg for their home finale against #13 NC State. The entire team was desperate to send their fans out of the stadium on a high note for the last game in Lane Stadium in 2017 as well as keep in contention for a bowl game. The Hokies had to win their last two games to meet the required 6-6 record for a bowl and they are halfway there after the victory this afternoon.
    The Hokies elected to receive the opening kickoff and went on a 16 play, 76 yard drive that ended in only a field goal. Redshirt Senior Andre Strong only had 13 carries in his entire career before today's game, but he played a key role in Tech's offense. Andre started off... strong in the first the drive as Tech decided to focus on the run. The drive ended on the dropped third and goal pass from the four. Only 1:11 remained in the first quarter after the methodical drive and the score would remain 3-0 until the second.
    After the quiet first quarter, both teams really started putting points up on the board. Gonzales started to get in a rhythm. He and freshman receiver Kevin Powell were able to connect for three scores in the quarter. The Hokies held the Wolf Pack to a three and out and were able to get great field position after the 26 yard punt return by Powell. Five plays later Gonzales found Powell on an option route for a 38 yard touchdown. The Hokie defense forced another punt on the following possession and the Maroon and Orange began to pound the rock again. Strong continued to have success on the ground and Gonzales in the air. The eight play drive was capped off by 21 yard pass from Gonzales to Powell on an in route.
    After going down 17-0 the Wolf Pack came alive. The Pack abandoned the run and focused on the pass with great success. However, the Hokies were able to keep NC State out of the endzone. The score was 17-3 with 1:39 remaining until the half. Coach Droid kept his foot on the gas and attempted to pad his halftime lead, but the Pack defense sacked Gonzales on two straight plays. NC State Head Coach Tom O'Brien called two of his remaining timeouts to give his offense another chance. On 3rd and 24 from the Hokie 4 yard line the draw to Strong netted 10 yards. O'Brien called his last timeout and NC State had 1:28 left to cut into the lead. The Wolf Pack would do just that. The Hokies were unable to get off the field on third down and the no huddle offense confused the defense after a first down conversion. NC State quarterback Lance Phillips found Steve Reid streaking wide open down the right sideline for a touchdown with 0:22 remaining. Coach Droid's aggressiveness had completely backfire on his team, but there was still time left on the clock. Strong ran up the middle for five yards on first down out of the heavy I formation.
    The Hokies stayed in formation and snapped the ball just as the clock ran out and ran a pass. The play was a one man slant route and it completely caught NC State's defense napping. Powell caught the pass and weaved his way through the defense for a 70 yard touchdown. This play is arguable the play of the game as it completely swung momentum back to the home team's sideline and extended the lead to 24-10 at the half.
    Each team scored one more touchdown in the second half. NC State scored on a two yard run in the third to make it a 7 point ballgame, but the Hokies answered with a fourth quarter pass from Gonzales to Alphonso Ervin. The defense then clamped down and forced a turnover on downs and then Tech ran out the clock.
    Coach Droid was in a much better mood at the end of this game. "We just knew we were going to win this game today. We beat it into the heads of our guys that we had to run the ball. If we couldn't run the ball we wouldn't win. Andre and the line did an amazing job today and the stats speak for themselves, and Chauncey and Kevin were fantastic in the passing game. Kevin's really come on lately for us and we'll need him to keep it up for next week. Anytime we can get over 400 yards of offense we will usually win the game with the way our defense plays. This was a great team win and we're halfway to achieving our goal."
    [​IMG]
    Andre Strong pushes the pile as VA Tech closes out the game on the ground.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Thee most embarrassing performance to date playing ncaa... There's something to be said about playing video games with a fever. Boy oh boy was that ugly and the Colorado defense made the Cal QB's look like school girls. 9 drops, 6 INT and gave up 2 DEF TD.... :eek:

5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

[​IMG] USC 7 13 0 3 23
    [​IMG] Arizona State 0 7 7 7 21
    First Quarter
    4:01 TD [​IMG] Johnny Marshall WR #83 17 yard TD from Curtis Robinson QB #15 (Michael Gray K #1 kick)
    Second Quarter
    6:28 FG [​IMG] Michael Gray K #1 49 yard FG
    4:26 TD [​IMG] Brandon Campbell HB #36 1 yard TD (Kenneth Clark K #1 kick)
    2:28 TD [​IMG] Joe Ramsey HB #29 5 yard TD (Michael Gray K #1 kick)
    0:01 FG [​IMG] Michael Gray K #1 35 yard FG
    Third Quarter
    1:38 TD [​IMG] Clayton Lester WR #14 31 yard TD from Kelly Davis QB #8 (Kenneth Clark K #1 kick)
    Fourth Quarter
    1:01 TD [​IMG] Steven Jackson HB #24 10 yard TD (Kenneth Clark K #1 kick)
    0:00 FG [​IMG] Michael Gray K #1 21 yard FG

6. Hova

#1 Maryland 27
    #10 GTECH 0

Maryland hosted the Yellow Jackets and were able to come out with the W thanks to a great defensive performance led by DE Gordon who had 1 sack and probably many more disruptions and or broken tackle sacks by the beastly GTECH QB who would late be injured. On offense QB Montana was once again near perfect with only 1 in-completion and throwing 3 TDs, no INTs. The Terp defense held GTECH to under 100 yards of offense in the game. Maryland remains undefeated and have 2 ACC games remaining to finish up the season. GG jonskinny12 , I know it had to be tough with the amount of pressure I was getting on the run and pass game.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

I have never in my life seen a DE cause that much trouble. It completely changed my game plan because of that one guy. It was so frustrating lol. I had 8 yards at the half and 20 before my final drive. I didn't have it in me to kick a field goal at the end. You deserved the shutout. Good game.

Of course it didn't help that you had the ball almost the entire game, too.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  8. Hova

Ya I think he might already have the NCAA career sack record lol