Legacy 2017 Week 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, May 4, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now ADV to week 14. We have 5 user games this week so get them threads up! Great job last week with scheduling games.

Games of the Week:

#4 USC (HovathegodMC) @ #16 UCLA (Maxattax34)

Miami (Big Suge Knight) @ #5 Alabama (Cnic75)

#9 Georgia (AbolishtheFed) @ Clemson (Divisibleduke)

#8 VA Tech (I Wictorious I) @ #12 Ohio St (Ceewo)

#1 Penn St (BraveJaf) @ #12 LSU (ajtev21)

Welcome to Week 14!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #5 Alabama Crimson Tide (10-1) ===============
    Last week the Crimson Tide were idle.
    This week, the Crimson Tide will host Miami (5-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Brett Hill has committed to Temple

=============== Clemson Tigers (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Clemson lost 49-17 against Penn State (11-0).
    This week, the Tigers will host #9 Georgia (9-2).

=============== #9 Georgia Bulldogs (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 38-21 against Miami (5-6).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Clemson to face the Clemson Tigers (7-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Jeff Howard has committed to ECU

=============== #12 LSU Tigers (9-2) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 31-7 against Arkansas (2-9).
    This week, the Tigers will host #1 Penn State (11-0).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Casey Stover has committed to Michigan

=============== Miami Hurricanes (5-6) ===============
    Last week, Miami lost 38-21 against Georgia (9-2).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Tuscaloosa to face the #5 Alabama Crimson Tide (10-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) LT Michael Singleton has committed to Miami
    - (**) C Bryan Hill has committed to Michigan

=============== Minnesota Golden Gophers (6-5) ===============
    Last week, Minnesota won 17-0 against Mid Tenn State (6-5).
    This week, the Golden Gophers travel to DeKalb to face the Northern Illinois Huskies (7-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Minnesota targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) C Victor Harvey has committed to Minnesota
    - (***) TE Marquice Rush has committed to Minnesota

=============== #21 Ohio State Buckeyes (7-4) ===============
    Last week the Buckeyes were idle.
    This week, the Buckeyes will host #8 Virginia Tech (10-1).

=============== #6 Oregon Ducks (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 45-42 against UCLA (8-3).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (1-9).

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 49-17 against Clemson (7-4).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Baton Rouge to face the #12 LSU Tigers (9-2).

=============== #16 UCLA Bruins (8-3) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 45-42 against Oregon (10-1).
    This week, the Bruins will host #4 USC (9-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) RT Josh Anderson has committed to UCLA
    - (***) WR Brandon Lawrence has committed to UCLA
    - (***) ROLB Adam Henry has committed to Texas Tech
    - (***) ROLB Brett Hill has committed to Temple

=============== #4 USC Trojans (9-1) ===============
    Last week, USC won 21-16 against Cal (9-2).
    This week, the Trojans travel to Pasadena to face the #16 UCLA Bruins (8-3).

=============== #8 Virginia Tech Hokies (10-1) ===============
    Last week the Hokies were idle.
    This week, the Hokies travel to Columbus to face the #21 Ohio State Buckeyes (7-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Jason Vaughn has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (***) RT Michael Love has committed to Virginia Tech

Next ADV no later then SATURDAY at 10 am EST

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Minnesota 20 Northern Illinois 18

This game came down to the two missed XP's NIU had in the second quarter :)rolleyes:). Both offenses were able to move the ball fairly well today, with 304 (UM) and 345 (NIU) yards respectively. Both ground games were alive and well as well, as both teams surpassed 125 on the ground. Minnesota RB Chris Battle racked up 84 yards on 13 carries to lead the Gophers. WR Jamaal Johnson takced on 86 yards through the air to add to the offense.

Defensively, Minnesota senior CB S. Alexander was able to haul in an interception, and also force a fumble.

"Overall we had a good team effort today, and really hope this win gets us into a bowl game.. these kids aren't ready to be done playing football just yet," stated Coach Kasper. "We've worked our tails off all year long, and shown that we are capable of playing with anybody we come up against."

As of press time, Minnesota is projected for the Texas Bowl to take on Texas A&M.

3. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#9 Georgia 52
    Clemson 10

The computer was out to get Clemson today, making them drop passes, fumble balls, and putting the secondary in bad position. The Georgia passing game completed some big pass plays, including a 70 yard TD pass with 9 seconds left to take a 31-10 lead into halftime. Both teams committed to running the ball in the second half, with Georgia scoring 14 points on fumble returns for TDs.

Georgia has its annual beatdown by Bama in the SEC Championship game next on the schedule.

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Hopefully Clemson gets equally jobbed in the ACC title game, lol.

5. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 38
    Miami - 7

Miami was over-matched from the get go. The Hurricanes threw a pick on the first possession and things went down hill from there. Alabama punched the ball into the end zone on a 15 yard scamper by Joe McKinley while working with a short field. The next score came when Joey Taylor decided he was not going to be tackled. He broke 3 tackles on his way to a 72 yard score. Miami would then throw another interception to give the Crimson Tide another shot at a short TD. Joey Taylor would take it in from 4 yards out shortly after the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Alabama would add another TD and a FG before the half to go into the break up 31-7. The Crimson Tide pulled the starting QB and 1st and 2nd string HBs to start the 3rd quarter and then ran the ball for the rest of the game. Actually, Alabama did not attempt a pass throughout the game. The Crimson Tide will next face Georgia in the SEC Championship game.

Here is Taylor's crazy run:

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

@HovaTheGodMC

I'm planning to play CPU later tonight for my game. AJ and I played last night. I was up 24-0 before halftime but I got disconnected from game. AJ asked me to finish game against CPU at that time, but I didn't have that option since it booted me from the game.

Also, I will be out of town Friday and Saturday, returning some time Sunday. Going to visit my parents for the weekend.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Helluva run @cnic75 .. i like the end where he just stares the crowd down and throws the ball down.

8. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Hopefully that guy blows out a knee in practice this week.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wick36

You say that like he's Bama's leading rusher.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Game 1 - Against AJ

Penn State 24
    LSU 0

Before I was disconnected (for unknown reasons) this game was going well for the Nittany Lions. Penn State forced 4 turnovers, including a pick 6 by CB Andrew Shuler, would have been his 8th of the season. LSU had the ball at the time of the disconnect, a couple minutes before half. Penn State would have gotten the ball at halftime.

Game 2 - Against CPU

Penn State 38
    LSU 14

I honestly wasn't trying to get the point differential to this amount, just worked out that way. In this game QB Shawn Nelson passed for 4 first half touchdowns. WR #1 Tramon Clark caught 2 of those TD passes, tying him with Chris Pino for the team lead with 10. The other Penn State TD came on a 70+ yard carry by backup QB Calvin Barber. He outran the LSU safety for the long TD.

With this win Penn State finishes 12-0 in the regular season, and the Nittany Lions will make their second consecutive National Title appearance. Who they play is still a mystery. Notre Dame, Cincinnati, and TCU are all undefeated on the season. Alabama probably needs those 3 squads to lose for a rematch of last year's BCS title game.

11. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Virginia Tech 19
    Ohio State 10

The Buckeyes continued to be stagnant on offense. A pair of early INT's thrown by Ronnie Adams led to a 14-0 lead for the Hokies. We tried to get something going just before halftime. Calvin Cobbs channeled his inner Joey Taylor and broke several tackles in route to an 85 yard TD run to cut the lead in half. We were then able to add a FG just before the half to cut the deficit to 4. That would be the end of our scoring for the day. Adams would eventually get pulled in favor of Taylor McKenzie, but it didnt matter. OSU converted only 10 percent of our 3rd downs and had 3 more turnovers. We finished the regular season 7-5. We didnt win one out of conference game and went 1-4 in user games. This was a very frustrating season. But like Cubs fans say, there is always next year.

GG Wick.

12. Wick36

Good game.

That run was crazy, especially since the three tackles he broke were two of my three best defenders, iirc.
    My defense played surprisingly well today. Outside of that 85 yard run, they only gave up 3 ypc. They played really well in coverage too, which doesn't normally happen. They were actually sticking to receivers and making some plays on the ball. Eddie Parker probably had the best game of his career. The pass rush was decent.

Had some trouble running the ball, your defense was getting to the back really quickly. Made a couple of bad mistakes in the passing game and had quite a few drives die in the middle of the field.

Hopefully the defense can play this well in the ACC Championship game and in the bowl game.