Legacy 2017 Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now in week 4. We have one user game this week.

Game of the Week:

#2 Oregon (Hokie Effect) @ #8 USC (HovatheGodMC)

Welcome to Week 4!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #4 Alabama Crimson Tide (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 24-17 against UCLA (2-1).
    This week, the Crimson Tide will host Arkansas (1-1).

=============== #25 Clemson Tigers (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Clemson won 47-12 against Maryland (1-1).
    This week, the Tigers will host Boston College (1-1).

=============== #10 Georgia Bulldogs (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 28-10 against South Carolina (1-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host Kentucky (2-0).

=============== #3 LSU Tigers (3-0) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 34-33 against Mississippi State (0-1).
    This week, the Tigers will host #17 South Carolina (1-1).

=============== Miami Hurricanes (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 45-21 against Virginia (1-1).
    This week, the Hurricanes will host #6 Notre Dame (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Marcus Richardson has committed to Miami

=============== Minnesota Golden Gophers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Minnesota won 56-7 against Ball State (1-1).
    This week, the Golden Gophers travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (1-1).

=============== #18 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State lost 41-17 against USC (1-1).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Illinois (0-2).

=============== #2 Oregon Ducks (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Ducks were idle.
    This week, the Ducks travel to Los Angeles to face the #8 USC Trojans (1-1).

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host #5 Iowa (2-0).

=============== #12 UCLA Bruins (2-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 24-17 against Alabama (2-1).
    This week, the Bruins will host Washington State (1-1).

=============== #8 USC Trojans (1-1) ===============
    Last week, USC won 41-17 against Ohio State (0-2).
    This week, the Trojans will host #2 Oregon (2-0).

=============== #9 Virginia Tech Hokies (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 55-6 against Georgia Tech (1-1).
    This week, the Hokies will host Texas (1-1).

Next ADV No later than TUES at NOON EST

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Ohio State and I both have a fullback visiting this week. I wonder how he plans on pulling that one off.

3. Hova

USC 34
    Oregon 27

USC pulls out the win in a close battle in LA. The game was back and forth all day long like usual, except this time the defense actually played slightly. Both teams had bad turnovers. The game ultimately game down to a 40 second drive, on which QB Stanley hit WR Adams deep for a huge set up. They would eventually get down to the 1 yard line and run in the game winning TD with 4 seconds left. QB Fields went 14-23 with 272 YDS and 2 TDs. USC is back on top of the Pac-10 where they belong and throw their name back in the title hunt with the only big game left on the schedule @ UCLA. USC continues the home stand next week as they host Washington. GG hokie

4. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 59
    Arkansas - 7

Alabama pulls away from Arkansas in this SEC battle. The day belonged to the running backs again. Hopefully they did enough to impress 2 highly rated recruits that were in town. Joey Taylor and Joe McKinley led the way. Taylor went for 107 yards and 1 TD while McKinley had 127 yards and 2 TDs. Freshman FB had 2 TDs and 23 yards. Ryan McGee led the receivers with 154 yards and 2 TDs. Backup QB Brandon Casey came into the game in garbage time and completed 4 of 9 passes for 90 yards and 1 TD. The defense held the Razorbacks to 155 yards of total offense and just 4 first downs. The only Arkansas score came while working with a short field after an Alabama fumble.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

A :5stars: HB is visiting my school, Alabama and another school this week. He apparently is racking up frequent flier miles.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wick36

Is it another user or a cpu?

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I think it is Ohio State but I could be wrong. I removed that guy from my board since I was like 500 points behind Bama or the other user team.

8. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

South Carolina 24
    LSU 45

The Tigers rolled relativly easily in this one. They got out to a 21-0 start with an Eric Martin pass to Jason Bowers, a Garndy fumble recovery TD, and another Martin to Bowers strike. The Gamecocks answered though with a 17 point unanswered strech of their own taking us to mid 2nd quarter. LSU then scored on a 73 yard pass from Martin to Bell. With only a 1:30 left the Gamecocks threw a bad INT and LSU made them pay with a big return and TD run on the next play. The 3rd quarter started with another TD pass to Bowers from Martin. South Carolina would score one more time but could not get any more offense going as the Tigers moved to 4-0 and a rematch from last year with the Oregon Ducks.

9. Wick36

Virginia Tech 21
    Texas 3

This game was a dominate performance by the Hokie defense with some struggles by the offense.

The defense only gave up ~150 yards of offense to the Longhorns. They were held to 8:35 time of possession, and completed less than 50% of their passes. The linebackers and D-Line were flowing well, and the defensive backs had some pretty good coverage. Texas had a big play when they exploited a mismatch with a linebacker on a receiver in press coverage and that led to points, but that was pretty much their lone bright spot on the day. Brian Mansfield led the way with 8 tackles and 2 sacks, looking like the multiple award winner we saw last season.

Offensively, Virginia Tech didn't really show us what we've been used to seeing from them the past few seasons. Granted, the passing game went well, as Davis completed 16/23 for 261 yards, but they didn't really put up a lot of points. A big chunk of this was because the running backs only were able to muster 60 yards on 32 carries. The offensive line struggled to maintain blocks and had a tough time getting to the second level. The Texas defense flowed to the ball very well. The sacks were probably the most crippling thing the Hokies had to face, though. Davis was sacked a total of 6 times, most of which were when they were poised to score.

Notable Performances
    Davis - 16/23, 261 yds, 0 INT
    Mansfield - 8 tackles, 2 sacks
    Williams - 2 sacks allowed

10. Hova

Who are the slackers?! I know we only got a few left

11. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Hopefully we can advance tomorrow morning. I play Bama next week and cnic and I will probably have trouble playing during the week.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm done, shitty dorm internet won't let me post a summary- doing this on a buddies desktop.

Will get a summary up when i can...

13. Hova

14. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I did my recruiting online and set myself to AP. My new house wont have internet until Tuesday night. Go ahead and sim my game.

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State 45
    Iowa 7

The Nittany Lions won their third straight start against top 10 teams. The scoring started early as Andrew Shuler picked off a pass and ran for the TD in the first 30 seconds. Penn State added a second TD on a 30 yard pass from Nelson to Scott. Nelson threw his first interception of the season, but he passed for 2 touchdowns and ran for a score. The other big play for Penn State occurred at the beginning of the second half. Johnson ran for a 77 yard rushing TD, after a very nice juke on the Iowa free safety. He finished the day with 115 yards on 12 carries. Freshman Richard Sims also rushed for a TD and added 55 yards. Next up for Penn State is a trip to Champagne to take on unranked Illinois.

16. Hova

17. Wick36

!

18. Hova

Max has not been on since friday, must be out of town. I'm advancing

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Illinois 7
    Ohio St 28

Ohio State came limping into their Big Ten Opener. They lost a heart breaker to LSU Week 1 and then were easily handled by USC. I expected more than I saw, especially early on. Their offense was ineffective. Taylor McKenzie was the main reason. He completed only 8 of 22 passes on the day. The game went scoreless until just under a minute to go in the first half. This was when McKenzie finally made something happen and hit Earl Miller on a 78 TD pass. Seconds later OSU recovered a fumble on the ensuing kickoff. This led to a 7 yard TD pass by McKenzie to Nick Warren. Late in the 3rd quarter there would be one more bright spot when McKenzie would connect on his 3rd TD pass of the game. This one goes to Joe Burton for 52 yards.

It was a solid win, but only because we were playing a weak Illini team. We had 9 recruits in attendence and had hoped to put on a better showing.