Legacy 2018 Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into week 1. No user games.

Next ADV no later than FRI at noon EST.

2. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I guess I drew the short stick this year with 3 road Non-conference games and the only one at home is #1 Florida.:confused:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hova

Thought I went through those, whoops

4. droid43

droid43 Walk On

I quit my game before the first play. Didn't have the correct playbook loaded.

5. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Hokies Start 2018 off on the Right Foot
    45-24
    [​IMG]
    Freshman Quarterback Mark White was very impressive in his debut completing 13-17 passes for 210
    yards and 2 touchdowns. White also had 54 yards rushing.
    After Coach Droid shook up the staff during the offseason fans were eager to get a look at the new Hokie offense in the season opener. Coach Droid was able to lure away Todd Monken from Oklahoma State to become the offensive coordinator for Virginia Tech. "It was a no brainer. Todd has been a part of that great Oklahoma State offense for a long time, and that's the style of football I felt we should work towards," said Droid in fall camp. Fans were also curious to see who would be starting at quarterback for the Hokies. The battle for QB1 waged through spring camp after White enrolled early as well as into the fall. The coach would not name a started before the game and claimed that he would go with his gut.
    A huge eruption of cheers came from the stadium when Mark White jogged onto the field with the offense after the opening kickoff. The freshman had been the talk of the fan base since he committed at the midpoint of the 2017 season. White did not disappoint on his first drive. The freshman looked cool and collected as he moved his team down the field and into the redzone. However, the inexperience truly showed on a third and thirteen from the Bearcat 17 yard line. White tried to force a pass to Kevin Powell and was picked off by the Cincinnati corner. The Bearcats took over at the 7 yard line and could only go backwards. On third an fifteen the Hokies snuffed out a running play in the endzone for a safety and it went downhill from there for the visiting team.
    Despite moving to an air raid scheme the Hokies ran the ball early and often. Halfback Andy Kelly capped off the Hokies second drive with a four yard run after receiving an option pitch. Coach Droid opted to go for two rather than going up only by nine. The two point try was successful as White found Powell on a quick in route. White found a rhythm in the second quarter and lead his team to two scoring drives. The young quarterback threw his first career touchdown on a 33 yard pass to tight end Matt Walker who caught a shake route just in front of the safety and outran the defender to the endzone. The next Hokie drive was concluded with a 20 yard touchdown reception by wide receiver Jonathan Miller. The Bearcats tried to get something going before halftime, hoping to avoid a 24-0 deficit. After stringing together a few passes, Cincinnati brought out the kicker to attempt a 56 yard field goal against a 10 mph wind. The kick didn't quite make it and fell into the hands of Hokie returnman Casey Moore. Moore bobbed and weaved his way through the field goal team and returned the kick 108 yards to make the score 31-0 at the half.
    The second half allow the Hokies to run the ball even more. Cincinnati scored on the opening possession of the quarter, but the Maroon and Orange answered on the next offensive series. Cincinnati again moved the ball down the field and were stopped at the Hokie two and forced to kick a field goal. The Bearcats cut the lead to 10-38 for about 0:07 of game time. On the next play from scrimmage Andy Kelly took an outside handoff out of the pistol and ran 75 yards untouched into the endzone. Any hope Cincinnati had of a comeback were ended on that play. With 0:31 seconds left in the fourth quarter the score was 45-10 and the lights officially went off on the home team's side. There was not another pass thrown by the Hokies as they focused on running clock and killing the game. The Bearcats were able to put two more scores on the board due to going against the second string defense, but this was a very impressive season opener for the Hokies. A strong showing was needed in this game because next week the Hokies host the #7 defending B1G Champion Penn State.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Hova

#6 Maryland 59
    Eastern Michigan 7

Maryland dirty works the eagles at home in a BLOWOUT. We had all the backups in by the 3rd QTR and had a dominate rushing game with 2 100 yard rushers. EMU was held to 100 yards of offense and the QB threw 3 INTs. They were just no match for the Terps. Things get exponentially harder next week as the Terps host the repeat champion #2 Texas Longhorns at home.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  7. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

[​IMG]Stanford 0 17 7 21 45
    [​IMG] Arizona State 7 7 7 3 24
    First Quarter
    0:39 TD [​IMG] Marcus Richardson WR #84 3 yard TD from Ryan Macklin QB #15 (Kenneth Clark K #1 kick)
    Second Quarter
    2:59 TD [​IMG] Andrew Kendrick HB #36 12 yard TD (Brandon Givens K #7 kick)
    2:15 TD [​IMG] Leonard Stewart FS #21 13 yard TD (Brandon Givens K #7 kick)
    1:09 TD [​IMG] Steven Jackson HB #24 62 yard TD from Ryan Macklin QB #15 (Kenneth Clark K #1 kick)
    0:00 FG [​IMG] Brandon Givens K #7 25 yard FG
    Third Quarter
    3:24 TD [​IMG] Edgar McCoy HB #25 26 yard TD (Brandon Givens K #7 kick)
    2:27 TD [​IMG] Nick Fry WR #83 65 yard TD from Ryan Macklin QB #15 (Kenneth Clark K #1 kick)
    Fourth Quarter
    6:12 FG [​IMG] Kenneth Clark K #1 22 yard FG
    4:09 TD [​IMG] Danny Jones FB #32 5 yard TD from Tyrone Young QB #10 (Brandon Givens K #7 kick)
    2:02 TD [​IMG] Andrew Kendrick HB #36 27 yard TD (Brandon Givens K #7 kick)
    0:46 TD [​IMG] Andrew Kendrick HB #36 12 yard TD (Brandon Givens K #7

Arizona St gets butt slammed by the second coming of Mike Alstott in the back field for Stanford, who ended up rushing for 260 yards. Besides the running back playing like the second coming of christ, the offensive line pancaked half the ASU defense on most running plays. Defensively, Stanford defensive backs continually morphed through ASU receivers to intercept balls.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  8. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

At least I wasn't the only one who got hit w/unstoppable CPU cheese. Don't feel bad, I got gashed for 300+ on the ground.

9. Hova

Sounds like Boise raping me last year. New sliders go in effect next week.

10. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

The lack of upperclassmen leadership has shown its ugly head in the first game as the Buffaloes earn a sloppy victory at home against lowly Houston. A very inconsistent game on both sides of the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Screen Shot 2013-02-07 at 4.27.19 PM.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. Raidernation

AI manipulation Huh ........

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG][​IMG]
    35 - 28
    Cal survives Furious Comeback at Auburn

In a game that saw the Golden Bears come out and score the first 21 points, the Auburn Tigers would not go quietly into the night on their home opener. This game would go down as the #1 Instant Classic on my xbox all the while Coach Fmode was trying to make a HUGE trade in OOTP with Gngsta4Lyphe. Word to the wise, focus on one thing. I let the CPU play much of the defense and that allowed the Tigers to score 21 consecutive points to tie the game and then things got interesting.

Auburn scored with :26 left on the clock to tie the game on a long drive that saw the Tigers convert multiple 3rd downs with the same cheese outside slant route on me. As it appeared to be headed to overtime, Coach Fmode thought he would test the arm strength of his young QB getting the nod at starter this year after sharing time last year, QB Kenny Ware. The Cal Bears came out in a two WR set hoping to get the blitz-happy, one safety over the top defense called against it and it was. A simple PA to Cal RB J. Harrison and Cal WR Higgins, with his 6'4" frame got past the bump coverage, and that was all she wrote folks. Cal escapes with a 75yd hail mary TD with :12 left on the clock.

Game Stars:
    Cal QB K. Ware 15/30, 349 yds, 5 TD, 3 INT
    Cal RB J. Harrison 22 att 112 yds
    Cal OLB Dustin Green 3 tack 2 sacks

Cal hosts gwill next week and the Tar Heels in a first time match-up between the two users. Cal is prepared for the bullshit READ-OPTION!

• Like Like x 1
  14. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Wow we had 6 sims in week 1 already?

15. Raidernation

HOVEEEE BABYYY !!!!

16. Hova

huh?

17. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Just that I only see 5 recaps but I thought we had a full slate of games.

18. Hova

they played, just didn't recap. SLACKAGE

• Like Like x 1