Legacy Bowl Week 2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy Bowl Week 2010

We are now advanced to bowl week. No User games this week, all bowls are CPU games so thats a plus time wise.

Legacy Bowl Games

BRUT SUN BOWL

Washington vs Miami (Maslerboros16)

CHICKFILA BOWL

Arkansas vs VA TECH (Pipehitter531)

OUTBACK BOWL

Florida vs Iowa (JCSpartan2)

CAPITOL ONE BOWL

Georgia (AbolishtheFed) vs Wisconsin

ROSE BOWL

Ohio St vs USC (HovathegodMC)

ALAMO Bowl

Texas Tech vs Oregon (Hokie Effect)

ORANGE BOWL

Florida St (Ceewo) vs Boise St

SUGAR BOWL

Alabama (Cnic75) vs GTECH

AT&T COTTON BOWL

Auburn (DJ391) vs Oklahoma

BCS TITLE GAME

Penn St (Bravejaf) vs TCU

Remember all your bowl summaries and make sure you recruiting threads are updated.

Next ADV will be no later than WED at 3 PM EST but I assume it will be sooner.

Good Luck

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Oregon- 45
    Texas Tech- 35

The Ducks were able to take down the Red Raiders of Texas Tech despite giving up 541yds in the air. Oregon was lead by Costa's 282yds 5TD in the air as he ends his career at Oregon on a high note.

3. Hova

[​IMG]

"The game started off bad for USC as they saw themselves down 7-0 quick into the game as HB Herron was dominating. The reason why Tmac left Ohio St became apparent after this run by Herron, who tossed a defender 5 yards to his right with one arm. This HB is clearly on roids and here is the proof:

Or not... I clearly saved the video and uploaded it but it seems to be gone (Obvious attempt by the media to cover up the OSU Scandal)

Herron had over 100 yards rushing.. IN THE FIRST QTR. This would put USC down 0-14. Things were looking grim as QB Barkley threw an INT in the red zone. Ohio St was driving again until SS Moore, back from injury, stepped infront of a Pryor pass and took it back for 6 points, seen here:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/32021146

USC looked to be getting back on track, tying the game at halftime. Play went back in forth in the 3rd and it looked to be a photo finish in the fourth....

USC was down by 7 when Barkley threw ANOTHER untimely interception. The defense however held there ground 3 and out and OSU attempted a 56 YD FG. They hooked it wide right... but WAIT USC was magically offsides even though no one was near the LOS. Phantom call lets OSU rekick and of course this time they make it going up by 10.

Coach Hova on the botched call:

"That was F!ckin BullSh!T. We came out in a punt return formation, no way in hell was anyone offsides. If we had a guy offsides then you can slap me and call me susan. Matt Barkley was out there playing with his HEAD in his ASS and our defense played there ASSES off getting that stop then the Refs blow the call. Lucky them refs left the field quickly after the game or my foot would have been shoved up the head Refs ass."

Hova declined to say anymore. NCAA is expected to fine him for his comments on the play.

USC tried to make a final comeback but Barkley could just not make the throws. USC loses the Rose bowl by 7, 27-34. Senior WR Johnson had a great final showing with 9 Receptions for 152 yards and a TD but it all is overcasted by the bowl lost and the terrible call. USC hopes to rebound next year and expect nothing less than the Roses they deserved a shot at today."

4. Hova

If you look at the saved video it says "64 Yd TD run by Herron" but instead of that its the pryor pick 6 lol wtf

5. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Sugar Bowl

Alabama - 63
    Georgia Tech - 0

Georgia Tech is no match for Alabama

The Yellow Jackets should not have even gotten off the bus for this one. Alabama started the game off passing but quickly turned to the run and never looked back. The Crimson Tide ran the ball 50 times for 390 yards and 8 touchdowns. Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, and Eddie Lacy all ran for 100 yards on the day. Greg McElroy finished his career at Alabama by going 8 for 13 for 138 yards and 1 score.

Georgia Tech was never able to get the option going. The Crimson Tide defense knocked Nesbit out of the game in the second quarter with a strained shoulder and he never returned. Georgia Tech had only 44 total yards on the day (16 on the ground and 28 through the air).

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Canes win big in El Paso

Miami 49

Washington 7

This would have been a scoreless game but there is always that one play that no one can stop the ball carrier and he goes all the way. Miami would take the rainy conditions in El Paso today to stage a huge victory for the .500 team. The year had definetely been a long one with their first six games featuring 4 losses. But Miami would hold strong and win out the final 2 games of the season to cling onto a bowl game. All the experts predicted Washington to take home the trophy but apparenty Jacory Harris heard them and in doing so, put them in their place. He was magical today as he was throwing great passes while receiving great protection, or maybe Washington's D is just that bad. On the other side of the ball FR MLB Green once again lead his defense with another huge day.

Miami finishes off this season in success at 7-6 and are praying Harris stays one more season to lead them to GLORY.

Notable Stats

J. Harris 23/36, 363 yds, 6 TD

D. Berry 13 Car, 83 yds, TD (Cooper also played well but was knocked out of game w/ injury)

L. Hankerson 6 Rec, 124 yds, TD

T. Benjamin 4 Rec, 93 yds, TD

T. Collier 2 Rec, 54 yds, 2 TD

S. Green 7 Tackles (All Solo), 2 TFL, FF

Wire Highlights

Four of Harris' TD passes
    Greens USER strip.

7. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I will try to stop John Clay after my fantasy football draft is done.

8. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

#23 Arkansas-56
    VT-62

I really have no idea how I won this game. I couldn't stop Ryan Mallett at all. I tried every defense, every gameplan, every personnel package and only stopped him when he threw incompletions. Seriously, he was 30-38 for FIVE HUNDRED TWENTY TWO YARDS AND SIX TOUCHDOWNS. C'mon son.

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Good luck buddy!!

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG]

It didn't look good fan Nittany Lions' fans early in this game. TCU came out of the gate fast and left the first quarter with a 14-0 lead. Penn State's biggest problem in this game was dropped passes and the receivers were getting them at the worst times. These drops cost Penn State first downs and forced them to kick field goals. Wagner missed the first opportunity short but he did manage to make the second one to get Penn State on the board. TCU responded on the first play from scrimmage with a 77 yard rush TD by HB. He busted up the middle and no one was around to stop him.

Penn State would drive the field again but another dropped pass on third down forced another field goal attempt. The kick was converted and on the ensuing kickoff the TCU returned fumbled the ball. Wagner, the kicker, returned the loose ball for a TD to close the lead to 8 points. After stopping TCU the Nittany Lions offense finally found the end zone. Newsome hit Drake on a short pass and Drake bulldozed into the end zone. The 2 point conversion was missed but Penn State got a field goal before half to take the lead at 22-21.

[​IMG]

On the opening kickoff the Penn State kick returned Greene scored a 93 yard TD, making up for an early fumble on a punt. There wasn't much scoring for either team after this TD. The PSU defense started shutting down TCU's attack and the Horned Frogs couldn't string plays together to get into scoring range. Late in the fourth quarter Penn State added a field goal to increase the lead to 11 and they would get the final TD on a fumble recovery. Tucker fumbled the ball on a carry and Hill scooped it for the TD.

[​IMG]

In total Wagner made 4 of 5 field goals (55 yard missed), made 3 of 3 extra points and he scored a TD on a fumble recovery. As for Newsome, his sub-50% completion percentage can be largely attributed to the dropped passes. 7 players on Penn State dropped at least 1 pass and 4WR Brown dropped 2, including a wide open pass in the end zone. In total Newsome finished 17 of 35 passing for 252 yards and 1 TD/0 INT. He also led team in rushing with 33 yards, as Royster didn't get a lot of opportunities till 4th quarter.

With the National Championship secured the Penn State coach now has to replace some of its leaders. Royster and DT Ollie Ogbu were the captains for Penn State but they will likely be playing on Sundays.

[​IMG]

Offensive Player of the Game: Newsome 17 of 35 252 yards 1/0; 6 carries 33 yards

Defensive Player of the Game: Stupar 6 solo tackles 1 tackle for loss 1 fumble forced

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Penn State 0 22 7 10 39
    TCU 14 7 0 0 21

Scoring Summary

First Quarter
    05:21 TD TCU Matthew Tucker HB #29 6 yard rush
    00:37 TD TCU Antoine Hicks WR #13 12 yard pass from Andy Dalton QB #14
    Second Quarter
    06:22 FG Penn State Collin Wagner K #36 39 yard field goal
    06:08 TD TCU Matthew Tucker HB #29 77 yard rush
    04:35 FG Penn State Collin Wagner K #36 31 yard field goal
    04:28 TD Penn State Collin Wagner K #36 20 yard fumble
    02:33 TD Penn State Curtis Drake WR #7 10 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    00:25 FG Penn State Collin Wagner K #36 32 yard field goal
    Third Quarter
    06:49 TD Penn State Stephfon Green HB #21 93 yard kick return TD
    Forth Quarter
    01:59 FG Penn State Collin Wagner K #36 27 yard field goal
    01:45 TD Penn State Jordan Hill DT #47 28 yard fumble

11. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#6 Wisconsin 12
    #12 Georgia 35

Wisconsin QB Tolzien was 18-22 for 180 yards, but Wisconsin still found a way to lose. Clay was able to eclipse the 100-yard barrier, but it took him 30 carries to do so. Georgia's conservative gameplan on D worked out.

On offense, Georgia relied on big plays and a 14 play 5 minute drive to start the 3rd quarter. Jr WR AJ Green racked up 119 yards receiving on only 3 receptions. Jr HB Caleb King scored 4 TDs on the ground.

12. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

[​IMG]

Boise State 16
    Florida State 20

1st Quarter

Both teams would get FG's in the open. Sophomore CB Greg Reid had a huge opening quarter as he collects an INT and knocks down two passes in the end zone.

2nd Quarter

Boise State's defense continued to handle Christian Ponder and the FSU offense. Heisman Finalist Kellen Moore found a groove midway through the quarter completing a couple long passes. The drive ended with a 11 yard TD run by Jeremy Avery. Boise State had the halftime lead 10-6.

3rd Quarter

The Seminoles made a few halftime adjustments and the results were a pair of 3rd quarter FSU TD's. Jermaine Thomas ran in a 1 yard TD and Jarmon Fortson hauled in a 29 yard TD pass. Heading into the 4th quarter FSU had the lead 20-10.

4th Quarter

Kellen Moore was not finished and tried to will his team to victory. The stout Seminole D was up to the challenge. We held Boise State to a pair of FG's and a Florida State win.

We finished the season with a 12-1 record and a win in a BCS bowl game. Very pleased with the 2010 season, it was just too bad we choaked against North Carolina during the regular season.

13. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Auburn- 38
    Oklahoma- 17

Michael Dyer once again carried the tigers to victory even though he was put out with a torn rotator cuff early in the 3rd qtr. But by then his damage was done and Auburn was up 28-10. Dyer had 19 carries for 99 yards and 2 tds all in the first half before going out.

Coach DJ on the game and the FOTY award snub:

"I mean whats the award based on stats? Ok murrey as good as he is threw 10 picks to 17 touchdowns while Dyer had 23 TDs to 7 fumbles. If were looking at stats its not even close, he showed up for the big games as well as the small. Impact on a team? Look at the bama game tell me why we won that one... His impact is all over the season I dont think one individual BAR NONE had the impact he had this year for us. On the game again Dyer showed up for us got the POTG even only playin 1 half. So again what was the system really to determine the FOTY records? Same record. Our head to head matchup? Individually stat wise Dyer had 18 carries 120 yards and 3 scores while murray went 8-22 195 yards 2 tds 2 picks and had a 70 yard td run. So I dont know call me crazy but I dont see the justification in the snub. But i digress..... Great win!!!!"

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

You want some cheese with that whine, you complain about everything, give it a rest cuz I guarantee no one else cares that much

15. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Shut up not complaining stating an opinion mr lets switch teams cause i cant win with miami

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Hm I never said I wanted to switch just that Miami wasn't the best choice. Last I knew I also blew out my opponent in the bowl

17. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Oh big whoop blow out a big team a user at that smh id take miami over auburn and not go 7-6 lol

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

Well u chose Auburn , ur stuck with them

19. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Yup im stuck with my 10-3 team darn

20. Hova

I don't know how many countless times Ive stated that the award is NOT based on stats

21. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Main reason I included impact

22. Hova

Clearly had the biggest statistical impact but when the game is on the line your QB has to lead you to victory. Dyer was an early favorite until Georgia beat you (and you beat oregon and Bama making it even more impressive) then beats me, undefeated USC in their own backyard.

23. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

He carried me to victory week in and out but ok makes sense cause he's the qb he had no impact on our game he had 3 tds equal to dyer then it was his back his impact in that one was void

24. Hova

He didn't carry you to victory week in and week out, you lost twice. He also was ineffective in the second half of the Bama game. Newton won that game, look at the stats from that one.

Georgia was also 3 points away from a national title birth with a freshman QB.

Is it really that big of a deal anyway? Only DJ would argue about FOTY

25. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Bama he scored every td what? I aint PST that to argue I stated the opinion and yaw responded lol