Legacy Bowl Week 2017

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, May 8, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We are now into Bowl Season, We have 2 user bowl so get those threads up.

Games of the Week:

Alabama (Cnic75) vs Oregon (Hokie Effect)

Ohio St (Ceewo) vs LSU (ajtev21)

Welcome to Bowl Season!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #5 Alabama Crimson Tide (12-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 45-19 against Georgia (10-3).
    #6 Alabama will face #7 Oregon in the Sugar Bowl.

=============== Clemson Tigers (7-6) ===============
    Last week, Clemson lost 38-35 against Virginia Tech (12-1).
    Clemson will face Florida in the Chick-fil-A Bowl.

=============== #16 Georgia Bulldogs (10-3) ===============
    Last week, Georgia lost 45-19 against Alabama (12-1).
    #9 Georgia will face #11 Oklahoma in the AT&T Cotton Bowl.

=============== #15 LSU Tigers (9-3) ===============
    #16 LSU will face Ohio State in the Capital One Bowl.

=============== Miami Hurricanes (5-7) ===============

=============== Minnesota Golden Gophers (7-5) ===============
    Minnesota will face Texas A&M in the Texas Bowl.

=============== Ohio State Buckeyes (7-5) ===============
    Ohio State will face #15 LSU in the Capital One Bowl.

=============== #7 Oregon Ducks (11-1) ===============
    #7 Oregon will face #5 Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (12-0) ===============
    #1 Penn State will face #2 Notre Dame in the BCS National Championship.

=============== #23 UCLA Bruins (8-4) ===============
    #25 UCLA will face Kansas State in the Holiday Bowl.

=============== #6 USC Trojans (11-1) ===============
    #4 USC will face #3 Cincinnati in the Rose Bowl.

=============== #8 Virginia Tech Hokies (12-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 38-35 against Clemson (7-6).
    #8 Virginia Tech will face #4 TCU in the Orange Bowl®.

Next ADV no later than WED at 10 PM EST

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Oregon v Alabama rematch.

All of the other ones are probably not going to be close.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Mine will be a tough one I'm thinking.. them big ol Texas kids.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Minnesota 27 Texas A&M 24

It took a stellar game form senior QB Nick Watson, and that's what the signal caller did. Facing a defensive line that was constantly chasing him, Watson did a great job of moving in the pocket to avoid the rushers, also breaking the pocket when needed and picking up 5-6 yards. Some young receivers stepped as well to help the senior, with redshirt freshman Adam Collins and sophomore Jason Johnson both producing 100 yard games. The Gopher ground game mustered a civilian 86 yards total, which can be accredited to the A&M defensive line that was chucking Minnesota lineman out of the way at will.

Defensively Coach Kasper was pleased with the effort, pointing to the team getting stops when they really needed them.

"Our team really matured throughout the season, and I think it really showed tonight. We are starting to believe that we can go out and beat any opponent on any day. We're going to enjoy this win, especially with the seniors who have really given us everything they had this year. Hats off to this group."

Minnesota closes out the year at a solid 8-5, and if recruiting keeps up should be able to improve on that number next season.

5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#16 Georgia 34
    #11 Oklahomo 7

The Cotton Bowl was taken over early by Bulldog fans, as Georgia ran out to a 21-0 first quarter lead. The Sooners were held to 3 and out on their first possession. After the punt, Georgia was able to mount a 10-play TD drive for a 7-0 lead. The Bulldog defense continued to pressure the Oklahoma offense and they were stopped on downs. Jr WR Jamey Johnson returned the next punt for a TD. This was Georgia's first special teams TD in The Legacy. Oklahoma had some success on their third drive, until their RB fumbled in Georgia territory. The ball was scooped up by Fr SS Harrington and returned for a TD. Georgia's defense continued to play well throughout the game, holding Oklahoma to less than 200 yards. The offense took the air out of the ball for the rest of the game.

Georgia finishes 11-3 on the season, with a loss to National Champion Penn State and 2 losses to Bama.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

BCS National Championship

Penn State 44
    Notre Dame 21

The undefeated Nittany Lions took on the undefeated Fighting Irish, but most experts had Penn State as the heavy favorite. These forecasts were correct as Penn State dominated this game. Senior QB Sean Nelson got the start and he finished his college career with a title clinching performance. Nelson wasn't perfect, but he led the team down the field on several scoring drives. He finished with a couple TD passes, despite struggling a bit in the redzone. Nelson's best pass was a TD pass to WR Adam Lee in the back of the endzone. The ball had just enough height to get over the defenders and allow Lee to drag his foot in bounds. QB Eddie Darby also saw some action in this game, including a 40 yard TD to superstar Tramon Clark.

The defense only forced a few turnovers. Senior SS Caldwell had the lone interception, his fourth of the season. OLB Johnathan Ware recovered a pair of fumbles for Penn State. Notre Dame's kicker also helped out Penn State, as he missed 2 FG attempts wide right.

The win sends the seniors out with a championship ring. Over the last 2 seasons Penn State is 25-1 with 2 BCS Championship apperances, 2 Big 10 titles and 1 BCS Championship victory. The success of next year's team will depend on the decisions made by some of the underclassmen. Clark, Darby, Lee and HB William Johnson are draft eligible depsite having 1-2 years of college eligibility remaining. If all 4 come back, Penn State's offense could be better than this past season. The defense is mostly seniors but Gooden is another PSU player who might consider an early departure.

7. Wick36

Virginia Tech 44
    TCU 0

Virginia Tech showed that the small conference schools don't really belong in the bit time by absolutely destroying TCU 44-0. The Horned Frogs were held to a pitiful 164 yards of offense and gave up over 350. The score would have probably been much worse had the Hokies not relented, considering that the score was 34-0 at half time. Virginia Tech ends the season 13-1 and feeling they should have been ranked much higher with their lone loss to National Champions Penn State.

Next season may be a toss up for Virginia Tech. It will be the first time in many seasons that they will not have had a "great" QB. Kevin Babcock and Jason Harris will compete for that role next season. Coach Killernuts has said that his main focus will be on accuracy. He maintains that Babcock has the potential to be a great receiver if Harris's game can progress enough in the offseason.

In the backfield, Taylor and Thompson will be back for sure. McGee is expected to return. All of the receivers are expected to be back as well, with Graham being the only player eligible for the draft. Both tight ends will return as well.

3/5 offensive lineman will be leaving the program after this season. The line will be stretched very thin, and if steps aren't taken in the offseason, this line will not be very good and running the ball will probably be very difficult.

On the defensive side of the ball, DE Lee will be graduating. Ryan Thomas will probably stay, and George Allen and Mike Price will compete for the other end spot. Allen is big, and Price is quick. Inside, Maurice Foreman will be going pro. Gary Walker has done very well in his time at VT, and will be accompanied by either Harris or Blanks at the other spot.

All of my starting linebackers should be coming back. McCauley, Jackson, and Wright will look to try and grab some playing time this year. One of them may make a move to DE.

I expect to return 4 CBs... I won't have any great corners, but they should all be acceptable. Both starting safeties are expected to return.

Returning Starters
    Offense - 7/11
    Defense - 8/11

8. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

User bowl game glitch has struck again. AJ and I are unable to get the game in. I really hope this is fixed in 2012.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Senior Send Off

This is a special group at Penn State so I wanted to highlight this current class achievements

* 37-2 team record over the past 3 seasons
    * 2 Big 10 Championship trophies
    * 2 BCS Championship appearances
    * 1 BCS Championship victory

RS-SR Christoper Cowan RG (99 OVR) - A productive player who started 2 years for Penn State.

RS-SR Lawrence Richard LT (98 OVR) - A 3 year starter for Penn State, switched from C to LT in his senior season

RS-SR Seth Nelson QB (96 OVR) - Didn't get a chance to play till his senior year but he was very efficient. He finished this season with a 208.0 QB rating and an 18/4 TD/INT ratio.

RS-SR Joe Caldwell SS (96 OVR) - A 3 year contributor, though he missed some time in his junior year with an injury. He finished with 10 career interceptions and 66 solo tackles.

SR Craig Gaither RE (95 OVR) - He was a solid player, though he didn't quite live up to his :5stars: billing. He finished with 102 solo tackles and 12 sacks, while starting 3 of his 4 years on campus.

RS-SR Kelvin Hall CB (93 OVR) - He saw the field in all 4 active seasons at PSU. He finishes his collegiate career with 13 interceptions and 30 pass deflections.

RS-SR Chris Pino WR (91 OVR) - He waited patiently to see the field and put together 2 productive seasons. He finishes with 64 receptions 1,258 yards and 13 TD.

RS-SR Jason Anderson LT (91 OVR) - He was a JUCO recruit that only played as a reserve.

RS-SR Jeff Scott WR (90 OVR) - Like Pino, Scott waited 3 years to see the field. He was very good once he got into the action. He finished with 62 receptions 1308 yards and 8 TD.

SR Casey Wright CB (89 OVR) - He was a 2 year starter, with some playing time as a reserve in his sophomore season. He only picked off 5 passes in his career but did knock down 20 passes.

SR Terry Carter DT (89 OVR) - Another JUCO recruit, Carter was a solid contributor for Penn State while on campus. He finishes his brief career with 20 tackles for loss and 10 sacks.

SR Jake Ward LE (88 OVR) - Yet another JUCO recruit, Ward contributed for both seasons on campus. He finished with 59 tackles, 29 tackles for loss and 8 sacks.

SR Bryan Bryan DT (88 OVR) - Bryan ^2 started 2 years for Penn State and he was a solid lane filler. He finished his career with 42 tackles, 11 tackles for loss 4 sacks.

RS-SR Andrew Shuler CB (87 OVR) - Andrew really stepped up in his senior season, grabbing 7 of his 8 picks during that year. He also finishes with 100 solo tackles in 4 seasons, 3 as a top 4 CB.

SR Vince Robinson DT (86 OVR) - A career backup that didn't contribute much on the field.

RS-SR Josh Bell CB (84 OVR) - Only played his senior season and mostly played in dime and quarter sets. He didn't pick off any passes but finished with 32 career solo tackles and 5 pass deflections.

RS-SR Kurt James P (83 OVR) - 2 year starter for Penn State at punter with a career average of 41.3 yards. He also performed kicking duties in 2016, making 20 of 22 attempts.

RS-SR Robert Griffin CB (81 OVR) - Played as much as Rudy at Notre Dame, mostly because he never improved his stock.

RS-SR Michael Miller DT (75 OVR) - Career backup with little contribution to the team.

One last note regarding this team. Depending on players leaving early, I could bring back 6 players currently rated at 96 or higher. This includes 4 juniors who are already at 99 overall.

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

FNG question of the day: explain this glitch? I'm sure I've experienced it but..

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

*crosses fingers* :rolleyes:

12. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

It doesn't allow user teams to play against each other in bowls.

13. Hova

@Ceewo
    @ajtev21

I was told if you boot one guy then reinvite him it will work.

Do you guys want to try that?

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Damn, happy I've yet to experience that.

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

It does work, in my experience. It worked for Hokie and Big Slick in T3 when they were set to play for National Championship a few seasons back. I also had problems connecting with someone in bowl for T3 or C2C, and had to get booted/reinvited for the game to play.

16. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Yes i do. Reinvite me and ill rejoin tonight. @ajtev21 are u available at all tonight? I can go after 6pm est.

17. Hova

@Hokie Effect
    @cnic75

You will pry get the glitch as well, do you want me to boot and reinvite one of you?

18. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Up to you, still haven't heard back from cnic to see when we are playing.

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

So when are we starting offseason? I want to see if any of my players try to leave early.

20. Hova

As soon as these 2 user games are played, The deadline will be tomorrow at 10 pm when I get off work

21. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

We gave it a shot and still the same old crap. Sim this shit and lets move on to next season. Ready to put this one behind me.

22. Hova

23. Wick36

Offseason tomorrow night maybe? :)

24. Hova

Itd have to start at like 10 pm EST, i work till 930

25. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I can't start at 10 PM, that would go till at least midnight