Legacy: Freshman Focus 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy: Freshman Focus 2

As we come into Week 5 in the Legacy we take a look at the young freshman who are making an impact early in the 2011 season..... :

USC Trojans

ROLB Lee Fields
    Stats: 13 Tackles, 3 for Loss, 1 FF
    Synopsis: Lee is having a big season for USC in the LB core. He has 13 tackles and a forced fumble. The most impressive thing about this is that he has these stats while only being on the field about 30% off the time. He only gets on the field on the 4-3 set and USC does not run that much facing Pac-10 spread teams. When he is on the field he is always making big plays.

WR Kyle Prater
    Stats: 10 Rec, 203 Yards, TD
    Synopsis: After redshirting last season, Kyle is beginning to make a splash right away for USC. Lining up in slot, he has caught 10 balls already for 200 yards and a TD. He is getting open alot and will continue to demand balls his way throughout the season. One of the top freshman WRs in the nation.

HB Dillon Baxter
    Stats: 79 Atts, 490 YDs, 5 TDs
    Synopsis: Highly toted freshman Dillon Baxter has pretty much met expectations this year being on the field for the first time. He is averaging over 100 yards a game and has found the end zone 5 times already. With his combination of agility and power he is always a threat to break big runs into the second level.

Oregon

WR Josh Huff
    Stats: 17 Rec, 269 Yards, 3 TD
    Synopsis: Josh is having a big season for the ducks despite his small size. He has amassed over 250 yards and found the endzone 3 times. He has all the intangibles of a good possession receiver and should be able to keep producing for the Oregon offense.

FS James Scales
    Stats: 13 Tackles, INT, FF
    Synopsis: Scales is having a good freshman year starting at FS. He has 13 tackles and has made a few big plays with 1 INT and 1 FF through 4 games. He looks to be a strong leader on defense and hopes to continue making the big plays from the safety position.

TE Curtis White
    Stats: 17 Rer, 325 YDs, 2 TDs
    Synopsis: Curtis is having a huge season at TE for the Ducks. He is leading the team in receiving yards and has found the endzone twice. He is one of the best young TEs in the league and has the stats to back it up early in the season.

Iowa

WR Steven Staggs
    Stats: 7 Rec, 230 YDs, 2 TDs
    Synopsis: Staggs is making some HUGE Plays for Iowa playing WR this season. He is averaging over 30 yards a catch and has found the endzone twice. He looks to be a true deep threat and should continue to make big plays for the Hawkeyes.

Auburn

WR Trovon Reed

Stats: 10 catches, 277 Yards, TD
    Synopsis: Reed is also a young WR making big plays early. He is averaging over 27 yards a catch. His 99 Accel rating helps him blow off the line and get open early and deep. If QB Newton can continue to play decent Reed should have a solid year catching the ball.

FOTY Watch Poll:
    1. HB Dillon Baxter USC
    2. WR Josh Huff Oregon
    3. TE Curtis White Oregon
    4. WR Steven Staggs Iowa
    5. FS James Scales Oregon

2. Hova

Week 13 is here and it's time to take a final look at the work of our Legacy Freshman:

USC Trojans

ROLB Lee Fields

Stats: 27 Tackles, 4 for Loss, Sack, 2 Defl, FF
    Synopsis: Lee continues to have a big season playing linebacker at USC this year. He is all over the field and seems to swarm to the ball regularly. He also makes plays in pass coverage. He should be a real monster next season with a year of experience under his belt.

HB Dillon Baxter
    Stats: 217 Atts, 1,338 YDS, 16 TDs, 6.1 ypc, 4 Fumbles
    Synopsis: Baxter has been nothing short of amazing this year shocking all the coaches at USC with his play. He has over 1300 yards and 16 TDs and is a driving force of the USC offense. He is playing well above his skill level and it is showing. He is being recognized nationally as one of the best running backs and is a favorite to win FOTY with his team ranked #1 in the nation.

Oregon

WR Josh Huff
    Stats: 36 Rec, 654 YDs, 4 TDs, 3 Drops
    Synopsis: Josh is having a big season at WR leading the Ducks with 36 catches. He has found the endzone 4 times and only has 3 drops on the season, not bad for a freshman. He is also making the big plays after the catch with 277 yards of YAC. One of the top young wideouts in the nation.

TE Curtis White

Stats: 32 Rec, 680 YDs, 4 TDs
    Synopsis: Curtis is doing work at TE for the Ducks this season with 32 Receptions for 680 yards and 4 TDs. However he is having trouble holding onto the ball with 9 drops. If he can get his hands working next season he may be one of the best TE's in the nation.

Iowa

WR Steven Staggs
    Stats: 26 Rec, 621 YDs, 4 TDs, 6 Drops
    Synopsis: Staggs continues to make the big plays with 4 TDs this year. He is averaging over 23 yards a catch. He is a legit deep threat even though he is having a few issues with catching. A big body WR who has the skill to take you deep and beat you. Should be fun to watch him mature in the Iowa offense.

Auburn

WR Trovon Reed
    Stats: 22 catches, 485 Yards, TD
    Synopsis: In an offense dominated by HB Michael Dyer, Reed has found a little shine of his own this year leading the team in receiving with 485 yards. He averages 22 yards a catch and is very sure-handed with only ONE drop this season. Sure he may not find the endzone alot but who can with a beast named Dyer in your backfield.

FOTY Watch Poll:
    1. HB Dillon Baxter USC
    2. WR Josh Huff Oregon
    3. TE Curtis White Oregon

4. WR Steven Staggs Iowa
    5. WR Trovon Reed Auburn

3. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Not even a mention for FSU Freshman Brendan Marks 722 yards of total offense and 10 TD's? West Coast bias!!!

4. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Haha, he would have been noticed if he came to Georgia.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I haven't played many of my freshman this season. I have a DE who says plays on 3rd and long and he has gotten a few sacks. I also have given a few carries to Silas Redd but he is behind Green on the depth chart. Next season I may start Curtis Garrett (#1 overall player) in my secondary so we shall see if he can crack the list.

6. Hova

Probably because he was not making noise during the first update. I don't check any new players after I create the first edition. If somebody starts to pick it up late you guys will have to let me know lol

7. Hova

But ya this year was a low year of freshman impact. The funny thing is Baxter may have a 1400 YD season and 18 TDs and be on the bench next season with Vickers coming off redshirt to hopefully be even better.

8. Hova

9. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Nice run. Baxter is welcome to transfer to FSU with the lack of playing time coming next year with the trojans.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

He'd also be welcome at Penn State if he isn't going to start over Vickers (y)

At work now so I will check highlight when I get home.

11. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

That's ridiculous.

I want one of my 1,000 RBs to be able to do that.

12. Hova

If Vickers is as good as expected I wouldn't mind him transferring haha It would be a good story, expect I would never let him go to Oregon, UCLA, or Auburn.