Legacy Freshman Focus 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Time to take a look at what freshman are having impacts thus far...

[​IMG] WR Chaz Adams :5stars:
    Stats: 21 Rec, 491 YDs, 7 TDs, 2 drops
    Synopsis: Chaz is the 2nd straight freshman WR to be making an impact early. With his 6'5 frame and blazing speed his is a threat on every play. He has over 450 yards and 7 TDs through week 7. A great season for Chaz and a vocal part of the USC passing attack.

[​IMG] HB Jeff Easley

Stats: 109 Atts, 645 YDS, 6 TDs
    Synopsis: Jeff is having a strong season at Iowa, with 645 yards and 6 TDs thus far. He is getting a ton of work at the HB position with over 100 attempts and has held up fine. Iowa likes to pound the ball so look out for his production throughout the season.

[​IMG] QB Eric Martin
    Stats: 214.5 Rating, 121/183, 2,322 YDS, 25 TD, 3 INTs
    Synopsis: Eric is having a huge season down in the Bayou, with 25 TDs and 2,000 yards ALREADY. He is the product of a nearly all pass offense, but he is being efficient with the ball only throwing 3 INTs and a rating well over 200. If he can stay accurate and efficient he could be an early favorite for FOTY.

[​IMG] FB Jarred Taylor

Stats: 33 atts, 126 YDS, 6 TDs
    Synopsis: It's rare to see a FB making noise but this one is a TD Machine almost averaging a TD a game. He does not see many carrys but when he does he puts the ball over the goaline. He has also made some noise in the receiving game. Interesting to see if he can continue to score.

[​IMG] HB Joe Mckinley
    Stats: 75 Atts, 561 YDS, 5 TDs

Synopsis: Joe has had a great season at HB. The small fast back has amassed 561 YDS and 5 TDs so far. He has the ability to take it to the house any play with his speed. Impressive for a freshman to have such a big impact on a team with a talent level of Bama.

[​IMG] CB Jake Carlson
    Stats: 25 Tackles, 4 TFL, 3 Sacks, INT, 3 Defl, TD

Synopsis: Jake is making plays all over the field at the Corner position. He has an impressive 3 sacks and 25 tackles showing he is getting in the backfield and making plays. He also has the ability to defend the pass game. A strong freshman defender, perhaps the best in the nation.

Early Polls:

1. QB Eric Martin
    2. CB Jake Carlson
    3. WR Chaz Adams
    4. HB Joe Mckinley
    5. HB Jeff Easley

2. Hova

@bravejaf
    @JrRawlins
    @JCspartan2
    @bsta93
    @cnic75
    @ajtev21
    @Hokie Effect
    @Maxattax34
    @Big Suge Knight
    @KillerNuts
    @-Cougars-

We are going to make a change to Freshman Focus to make it more interactive. From now on EACH coach will post what freshman they have that are making impacts. If your freshman has a good game post his stats and some highlights if you have them each week. Periodically you post full season stats and reasons why he should win the award. This will get all of us involved rather than me going through and posting the updates. So I will be checking for these throughout the weeks as well as updating my own, then at the end of the season will go over it all and decide who should win. Thanks.

3. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

Eric Martin was a :5stars: from Louisiana but still, he is vastly passing my expectations for him this season. I have been able to run the ball more effectivly this season, but Martin has been awesome. I have Oregon and Alabama coming up, so it will be interesting to see if he can keep up this pace.

4. Hova

Also their performances in user games will be weighed heavily in the decision, so make sure you post those as well. The more information I know about your players season the better chance he has at winning the award.

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

I would love to participate in this but currently i dont have a freshman who is making even a ripple of a splash on my team.... if i had to pick one freshman i suppose i would track.. Cameron Hoffman a WR... who is currently redshirted but i am about to lift the redshirt....

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Tramon Clark is my only freshmen player seeing significant time on the field. His numbers aren't that great at this point because my QB has done a good job of spreading the ball around. If that changes I will definitely keep you posted. If he progresses he could be a monster as he has good size and speed.

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Ive got a couple of Freshman who could have big impacts on the Bruins chances:

RB :4stars:
    6'1 205lb Freshman
    Andre Brown

48ATT
    274yd
    3TD
    Long 40
    YAH 70

Brown is our number 2 RB, just edging out other Freshman RB Jimmy Young for the spot. Brown has shined in garbage time and has gashed 1st team defenses too while spelling Junior RB Ryan Bates. If Bates goes down with an injury, Brown is the guy.

ROLB :4stars:
    6'0 227lb Freshman
    Lance Phillips

TAK 10
    TFL 2
    DEFL 3

He starts in our 4-3 looks, and has done well but most likely wont put up big numbers.

UCLA also is starting two Freshman on the Oline, but they dont track stats correctly for them.
    LG Mike Wade
    RT Brad Joseph

Our :5stars: WR from last year has been relegated to the 5th spot on the DC and he returns punts. He could have an impact as well, but he is pretty buried at the moment.

8. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

My FB has been a stud. He gets the ball a lot in short yardage situations a lot, some of those touches from the tailback position.

My FS Reid has done pretty well with 2 INTs, but we'll have to see what happens later.

9. Hova

WR Chaz Adams is an absolute beast, but the guy on the other side is even better so they split catches. Not to mention my 99 OVR slot man

10. Hova

:5stars: WR Chaz Adams had a huge day vs Arizona St with 141 YDS and a TD on 6 catches, including a 61 YD TD. He continues to dominate opposing defenders with size and speed.

11. JrRawlins

I forgot to take the damn redshirt off my frosh against Penn State... damn it...

12. Wick36

Taylor is out for 4 weeks with a sprained elbow.

13. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I have a freshman starting at LG, but he's not accruing stats.

The only other freshman seeing playing time for Georgia is WR Luis Pino. Pino is a redshirt speedster from Florida who returns punts and kicks. He has 2 receptions for 43 yards 248 KR yards and 102 PR yards so far this season. No TD yet.

14. Hova

I think pancake logic is still broken

15. Hova

16. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Andre Brown :4stars: RB
    6'1 205lb

Heading into Oregon game:

65 ATT
    364 Yards
    5.6 AVG
    5 TD

Has a good chance to make an impact while zbates is out with injury.

17. JrRawlins

Michigan Redshirt Freshman Jason Thurman

14 Receptions
    264 yards
    18.9 yards per catch
    1 td
    88 yards per game

18. Hova

Time to make your FOTY cases and see if anyone can stand next to the 6'5 phenom from USC, Chaz Adams.

52 Rec, 1,184 YDs, and 16 TDs on the season. He leads the WRs in all stats and has dominated all season, including great games vs Users.

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I don't have much

Tramon Clark (RS-FR) - 32 receptions 732 yards 5 TD 8 drops; 16 kick returns 365 yards 1 TD; 20 punt returns 165 yards

20. Wick36

FS Jason Reid
    59 tack, 39 solo, 3 INT, 6 Def, 2 FF

MLB Brian Mansfield
    96 tack, 76 solo, 14 sack, 2 INT, 2 Def, 4 FF, 1 FR, 1 Safety

21. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Your MLB is a true Fr. Post his stats.

22. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

HB Joe McKinley
    158 Attempts 1469 yards 9.2 Average 17 TDs 96 yard long; 4 catches 18 yards

CB Jake Carlson
    84 Tackles 13 TFL 7 Sacks 2 Interceptions 9 Pass Deflections 1 FF 2 FR 1 TD; 139 yards KR 398 yard PR 1 TD; Thorpe Award Winner

WR Joel Carter
    41 catches 659 yards 7 TDs; 67 overall rated

23. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

Qb Eric Martin 235/385 4673 yards 50 tds 8 ints 359 ypg 201.7 Qb rating

24. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I dont think anyone on my squad has competitive numbers