Legacy Game Preview: #10 Iowa @ #4 Penn St

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy Game Preview: #10 Iowa @ #4 Penn St

Week 7​

[​IMG] @ [​IMG]

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Ranking Iowa Penn St
    Overall B A-
    Offense Rating B A
    Defensive Rating B+ B+
    Points Per Game 32.5 (#24) 30.7 (#32)
    Total Offense 1530 (#79) 1511 (#62)
    Total Defense 1474 (#36) 1178 (#43)

In week 7 of the Legacy league The Iowa Hawkeyes, led by Coach JC Spartan will be taking a trip West to play in the #1 Ranked Toughest Places to play stadium, Happy Valley. The Big Ten matchup features Iowa vs BraveJaf coached Penn St. Both Teams have 1 loss out of conference but stand idle in the Big Ten. The winner of this game will have a huge advantage in the ensuing big ten race. The 7 PM kickoff will be filled with action and noise as the Penn St crowd is expected to be in full attendance for this huge matchup of Top 10 Ranked teams. As we breakdown the 2 teams we see the obvious advantages in Rating as Penn St rates higher in Overall and Offense, with both teams having a B+ rating. When it comes to season performance Iowa is putting up the bigger offensive numbers while Penn St has a higher ranked defense.

Players to Watch:

Penn St HB Stephfon Green- He is having a huge season as the true starter for Penn St. He has blazing speed and agility and should be a handful for the Iowa St defense.

Iowa WR Steven Staggs- Staggs is a big surprise for Iowa leading the team in receiving through 6 weeks. His is a big bodied WR but also has the 91 speed rating to beat you deep. He is averaging almost 30 yards a catch and with his 99 stamina rating you can expect this threat to be on the field every snap.

For Highlights of both teams seasons click here:

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_us...258056&dynid=20484&sku=662A0001&sid=1&wknum=5

Included in the highlights is the blazing speed of HB Green and the deep threat potential of WR Staggs.

In the much anticipated Big Ten matchup you have to give the edge to Penn St who will be playing at home in the loudest stadium in the nation. Iowa is a resilient team however and I don't see them giving up until the clock says 0. Should be a classic Big Ten battle with the winner taking a huge step forward in the march for the Big Ten title, unless the boys from ann arbor have something to say about it ;).

Final Prediction: Penn St over Iowa (+7)

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Nice writeup Hova. I'm looking forward to this match. It should go a long way in determining Big 10 championship, especially since Penn State/Michigan do not meet this season.

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Sweet write-up Hova!

I wouldn't call Staggs my standout player, he just had one huge game because that team (BYU I think) did nothing but blitz the whole time. They literally didn't call one defensive play that wasn't a blitz.

My standout player right now would have to be WR McNutt. His stats are nothing spectacular nor does he have any crazy highlights, but he's been consistant the entire season, which is more than I can say for my QB and rotating HBs (my starting HB Wehger is out for the season btw).

I'm looking forward to this game, I think I have finally figured out how to play with this team in the last couple weeks and I'm anxious to see if that translates to user games.

4. Hova

lol Ya I was thinking he might not be your best player but he is always a dark-horse threat

5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Not to be a d&ck, but Iowa is west of Happy Valley, so they would have to travel east to Pennsylvania. Besides that, outstanding work.

6. Hova

There was a nuclear explosion in Indiana so they have to fly west all the way around the world to avoid it :)

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Booya!!(y)

8. Hova

I covered my spread, I win!! hahaaa

9. Hova

Actually I missed it terribly, long day haha

10. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Big win for Iowa, especially traveling to Happy Valley to do it. Maybe EA programmed Iowa's recent dominance over PSU into the game.