Legacy Hall of Fame Nominees - Class of 2013

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, Dec 11, 2010.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Please nominate graduating players who you feel should be enshrined in the Legacy Hall of Fame. I want to get more than the 3 or 4 candidates that we got last season. Once we get all the nominees we will vote for the candidates. I'm still trying to work on a points system. It may be a little different than next season.

Couple rules before I get to the criteria
    - The player must be a graduating senior in order to qualify
    - Players who leave early can be nominated for the following season, just remember to save the player's information before we advance past Players Leaving in offseason
    - Please include as much information as possible on the player, I have provided an outline in the section below
    - I'd also like a picture for each athlete, so make sure to save one before the last game of this season

After we have nominees the league will vote on which player or players should be inducted. It will work on a point scale which will be announced once I know the number of candidates. It is possible for more than one player to get in but it is also possible no players are elected during certain years.

Outline

---------

Name -

Overall rating - (at time of graduation/leaving)

Position -

Career Stats -

Awards Won -(in game awards i.e Heisman or league specific i.e Legacy MVP)

Team Accomplishments - (i.e bowl games won or conference championships)

Coach's Comment - (a description on why you feel this player has earned this honor)

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I don't have any strong candidates but I'll throw one out there just to get things going. Penn State only has 10 seniors on the roster.

Hopefully I remember to save a pic in the bowl game or the week 15 match.

Name - Stephen Agyapong

Overall rating - 89

Position - CB

Career Stats - 87 total tackles (75 solo, 12 assisted) 4 tackles for loss 5 interceptions 3 forced fumbles 3 fumble recoveries 22 pass deflections 2 defensive touchdowns (will update after USC match and bowl game)

Awards Won - None

Team Accomplishments - 2010 Big 10 Championship and National Championship, 2012 co-Big 10 Championship

Coach's Comment - He didn't get many opportunities in the first 2 seasons but he has been a solid contributor in his junior and senior year. The number of deflected passes indicates he was always around the ball. This season he was matched up with the opponent's #1 WR on every play but he batted down 13 passes and picked off 3.

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Same here for USC

Name - Torin Harris

Overall rating - 88

Position - CB

Career Stats - (Update after season) 137 Tackles, 5 TFL, Sack, 8 INTs, 166 INT YDs, 33 Defl, FF, 3 TDs
    Awards Won - All American 3 years

Team Accomplishments - 3 Pac-10 Titles, Rose Bowl Title, BCS National Champion, Team Defense Captian

Coach's Comment - Torin has been a great corner his whole career as has started since his freshman year. He is the leader of the secondary and shuts WRs down regularly. He is huge at making plays on the ball and It shows in his career stats. He is having his best season as a Trojan this year and looks to continue that with another BCS run this season.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Best I have...

Name - Jamal Reid

Position - FS

Overall Rating - 94

Career Stats - 129 Tackles, 11 TFL, 3 Sacks, 5 Interceptions, 18 Pass Deflections, 1 TD, 8 FF, 2 FF

Awards - All-Americanx3

Team Accomplishments - Impact Player, 2 Bowl Victories, Defeated Florida Senior year

5. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I honestly have no one to nominate. Next year I should have a couple I hope.

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I ve got no one in Ann Arbor with any stats worthy of HOF.

7. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

None of my players deserve it.

8. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Name - Aaron Murray

Position - QB

Overall Rating - 99

Career Stats - 524 Comp 916 Att 8,972 yards 58 TD 27 INT 57.2% comp

Awards - '10 Legacy Freshman of the Year

Team Accomplishments - 30-12 as a starter, 3-0 in bowl games, '11 SEC East Champs

Coach's Comment: Murray made huge strides since he was tossed into action as a redshirt freshman. He had an opportunity to shatter every Georgia passing record, but his junior year was cut short after only 5 quarters of play. Murray is extremely accurate, throwing an INT every 34 passes for his career.

9. Hova

Murray a senior already, times a flyin

10. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Name - A.J. McCarron

Overall rating - 98

Position - QB

Career Stats - 717 for 1093 10551 yards 101 TDs 24 interceptions 172.8 QB Rating 65.6 Completion %

Awards Won - Legacy Offensive MVP 2011

Team Accomplishments - SEC Champions all 4 years while at Alabama, 2013 co-National Champions

Coach's Comment - He had big shoes to fill when Greg McElroy left for the NFL. I would say he did quite well. McCarron owns all of Alabama's season and career passing records.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

To everyone who has not replied - please submit your players before we advance past Player's Leaving.

Voting will begin after that stage is completed.

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Congrats go out to Alabama QB AJ McCarron. He is the sole inductee this year to the Legacy Hall of Fame. He earned 11 of 12 possible first place votes, finishing with 35 of 36 points. The 2011 and 2013 Legacy MVP has been a leader on the team and helped his team secure a split National Title this season. Alabama also won 4 consecutive SEC titles during his time in Tuscaloosa.

Jamal Reid and Torin Harris were second and third in the voting. Neither was close to the minimum points needed to qualify for the Hall of Fame. McCarron was the only player to appear on all 12 ballots, votes were very split between other candidates. Stephen Ayapong garnered the only other 1st place vote but added just 3 third place votes to that total. He finished last among all candidates.

13. Hova

Good stuff. He deserved it.

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

15. Hova

thanks, I overlooked this

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

No problem, I probably should have made a seperate thread for the inductee.

BTW next season I'm going to do the voting a different way. I experimented with a different method in Trifecta and I like that one better.

Basically it works like this:
    ___ Player A

___ Player B

___ Player C

Each person selects Y or N if the player should or should not get in. A player must get 8 Y votes to get in and his owner may not vote, so works out to about 72% of vote.

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm also doing away with the graduating senior rule. If a player leaves early for draft he can be nominated for this season's Hall of Fame. I will post nomination thread before end of season, probably right before bowls, and nominations will close after Player's Leaving.

18. Hova

Sounds good. Should have a nice class this year headed by USC legend Dillon Baxter [​IMG]

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I can only think of my WR Shawney Kersey but that will depend on how he finishes out the season. He broke game and season records in his sophomore year but was mediocre last season. He has been pretty good this year but not sure what his career numbers are.