Legacy Hall of Fame Nominees - Class of 2014

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, Jan 23, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

It is a little early but start thinking about your possible Hall of Fame nominees. This season any player can be nominated, as long as they will not be suiting up next season. This means graduating players and draft early entries are eligible.

Couple rules before I get to the criteria
    - The player must be a graduating senior or an early entry into NFL Draft
    - Remember to save the player's information before we advance past Players Leaving in offseason
    - Please include as much information as possible on the player, I have provided an outline in the section below
    - I'd also like a picture for each athlete, so make sure to save one before the last game of this season

This year voting will be handled different than previous years. Each member of the league will cast a Yes or No vote. The player's coach cannot cast a vote, so the decision will be based on a maximum of 11 points. For entry into the Hall of Fame a player must receive 8 of 11 votes (72%).

Please use this outline when nominating players and remember to include a picture

---------

Name -

Overall rating - (at time of graduation/leaving)

Position -

Career Stats -

Awards Won -(in game awards i.e Heisman or league specific i.e Legacy MVP)

Team Accomplishments - (i.e bowl games won or conference championships)

Coach's Comment - (a description on why you feel this player has earned this honor)

2. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Can we nominate past players or is it only people who leave their program after this season?

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

If you still have stats and player was early entry last year - yes

If the player was a graduating senior last year or an early entry from more than 1 season ago - no

Last year juniors and redshirt-sophomores could not be nominated for HoF due to rules, so they would qualify this season. Starting with next year's class, only players leaving that season can be nominated.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

@bravejaf, my QB is only a Junior and there is no promise he will leave but at 96 overall and over 5,000 passing yards I'm sure he is going to hit the highway. Can I nominate him?

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I would keep his stats handy and then nominate him if he officially leaves early. He would not be eligible if he decides to stay, but that does sound unlikely.

Also make sure you post a pic if you have one.

In T3 I had a 99 overall QB who didn't even try to leave early as a RS SO or RS JR. He is still on my roster, and he started every game of his college career since the first game after his redshirt season.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Alright, the only other guy I can really think of is my WR Christian Green, he only played one year because he was a transfer but he made a huge impact....makes me wish he had come earlier.

7. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Green is a triator and would not receive any votes from FSU.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

LOL, sounds like a Justin Boren situation when he transferred from Michigan to Ohio State.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

can we throw in two people?

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

There is no limit to how many players you can nominate.

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

(Picture to be added after bowl game, I will also update stats)

Name - Khairi Fortt

Overall rating - 97

Position - OLB

Career Stats - 212 tackles (155 solo, 57 solo) 55 tackles for loss 13 sacks 2 interceptions 16 pass deflections 3 fumble forced 2 fumble recoveries 1 defensive TD

Awards Won - None

Team Accomplishments - 2 Big 10 titles (2013, 2014), 3-0 bowl games

Coach's Comment - Khairi has been a solid contributor since his sophomore season. He has the awareness to know where the ball is going and the speed to run down the ball carrier. His 55 tackles for loss are a good indication of his ability to read the play and get through blockers to make the tackle. At Penn State we primarily use our front four to get pressure on QB, so Khairi didn't rack up huge stat totals.

13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Name - Dillon Baxter

Photo Coming after Bowl

Overall rating - 91

Position - HB

Career Stats - 881 Atts, 6,182 YDS, 7.0 ypc, 79 TDs, 90 Broken Tackles

Awards Won -Multi All American, 2014 Maxwell, 2014 Walter Camp, 2014 Walker

Team Accomplishments - 5 Pac-10 Champ Titles, 2 (3 pending) National Titles, All Time NCAA Career Rushing TD leader (79)

Coach's Comment - Baxter has been nothing short of unstoppable in his career at USC. He has been known for his break way speed an ability to run through and evade tackles. He has caused nightmares for almost every user he has faced and owns the all time NCAA TD record. He would easily have the yards record as well if he did not suffer multiple injuries and share time with HB Vickers. Baxter has been a HUGE factor for the success of the Trojans over the last 4 years, and a staple of the Offense. One of the best HBs college football has ever seen.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Name - Christian Green

[​IMG]

Green celebrates by jumping into the endzone after a 77 yard TD in the narrow loss to LSU.

Position - WR

Rating - 87

Key Stats - 99 Speed, 90 Accel, 92 Agility, 89 Spec Catch, 88 Jump, 94 Elusiveness, 99 Juke, 99 Spin, 99 Stamina

Career Stats (w/ Miami) -47 Receptions, 933 Receiving yards, 19.8 YPC, 9 Receiving TDs, Longest Reception = 82 yards, 3 Rushing Attempts, 2 Rushing yards, 1 Rushing TD, has only dropped 1 pass all season.

Team Accomplishments - Impact Player

Coach's Comments - Green transferred here from our ACC and in state rival Florida State at the end of his Junior season meaning he had to sit on the bench for a season. This season allowed him to hone his skills and give us a great performance even though the overall season was a disappointment. Coach Masler has over and over expressed how he wishes Green could have come early but is glad to have one season with this player. His explosive speed off the line, ability to catch the ball in traffic and the way he can separate himself from defenders to take it to the house. The whole team is sad to see him go but all wish him well after college, most likely on TV Sunday afternoons.

Coach Masler has stated there will be two more players added to the nominations if they decided to leave early. They would be QB Young and WR Bass. Young is expected to declare for the Draft (cannot persuade to stay) while no word has been heard from Bass (eligible to persuade).

15. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    No Michigan nominees

16. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I won't be nominating anyone until I see who's leaving. I don't think I have any seniors leaving who would be good enough, but I've got Juniors who might go.

17. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Name - Bryan Bennett

Overall rating - 91

Position - QB

Career Stats - pass: 8013yds 72 td, rush: 720yds 13 td

Awards Won - Heisman this year and I think he was Legacy MVP last season

Team Accomplishments - Never seened to get over the USC hump, but team finished with only 1-2 losses every year

Coach's Comment - Bennett wasn't the highest rated QB on the roster but earned his spot with his ability to take care of the ball while making plays both in the air and on the ground. Plagued by injury his enitire career, but was still able to be put up huge numbers as a 3 year starter.

18. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Name - Brent Cameron

Overall rating - 96

Position - WR

Career Stats - 145 Rec, 36 Total TD, 3467 Rec Yds, 108 ypg (123 Sophomore, 152 Junior), 6.5 YAC Average (8.5 Junior)

Awards Won - 2013 Heisman Trophy, 2013 Biletnikoff, 2014 Biletnikoff

Team Accomplishments - ACC Championship, Orange Bowl Win, 2 Chick-Fil-A Bowls 1 win, Multiple All American, 2013 and 2014 Legacy MVP Nominee

Coach's Comment - This guy was an absolute stud. He didn't drop many catches and made some of the most ridiculous catches I've ever seen. On key plays, I would go to him almost every time. His speed allowed him to get open and his size allowed him to get the ball wherever it was thrown. He broke quite a few tackles and was able to make a ton of big plays. Without him, my offense would not have been anywhere near as good. Probably the best player I've had on a team ever.

Just wish he would've stayed for his senior season... could've broken the career TD and yardage records.

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

QB - Bryan Bennett, Oregon

Career Stats - pass: 8013yds 72 td, rush: 720yds 13 td​

Awards Won - Heisman this year and I think he was Legacy MVP last season​

Team Accomplishments - Never seened to get over the USC hump, but team finished with only 1-2 losses every year​

Coach's Comment - Bennett wasn't the highest rated QB on the roster but earned his spot with his ability to take care of the ball while making plays both in the air and on the ground. Plagued by injury his enitire career, but was still able to be put up huge numbers as a 3 year starter.​

HB - Dillon Baxter, USC

Career Stats - 881 Atts, 6,182 YDS, 7.0 ypc, 79 TDs, 90 Broken Tackles​

Awards Won -Multi All American, 2014 Maxwell, 2014 Walter Camp, 2014 Walker​

Team Accomplishments - 5 Pac-10 Champ Titles, 3 National Titles, All Time NCAA Career Rushing TD leader (79)​

Coach's Comment - Baxter has been nothing short of unstoppable in his career at USC. He has been known for his break way speed an ability to run through and evade tackles. He has caused nightmares for almost every user he has faced and owns the all time NCAA TD record. He would easily have the yards record as well if he did not suffer multiple injuries and share time with HB Vickers. Baxter has been a HUGE factor for the success of the Trojans over the last 4 years, and a staple of the Offense. One of the best HBs college football has ever seen.​

WR - Christian Green, Miami

Career Stats (w/ Miami) - 47 Receptions, 933 Receiving yards, 19.8 YPC, 9 Receiving TDs, Longest Reception = 82 yards, 3 Rushing Attempts, 2 Rushing yards, 1 Rushing TD, has only dropped 1 pass all season.​

Team Accomplishments - Impact Player​

Coach's Comments - Green transferred here from our ACC and in state rival Florida State at the end of his Junior season meaning he had to sit on the bench for a season. This season allowed him to hone his skills and give us a great performance even though the overall season was a disappointment. Coach Masler has over and over expressed how he wishes Green could have come early but is glad to have one season with this player. His explosive speed off the line, ability to catch the ball in traffic and the way he can separate himself from defenders to take it to the house. The whole team is sad to see him go but all wish him well after college, most likely on TV Sunday afternoons.​

WR - Brent Cameron, Virginia Tech

Career Stats 145 Rec, 36 Total TD, 3467 Rec Yds, 108 ypg (123 Sophomore, 152 Junior), 6.5 YAC Average (8.5 Junior)​

Awards Won 2013 Heisman Trophy, 2013 Biletnikoff, 2014 Biletnikoff​

Team Accomplishments ACC Championship, Orange Bowl Win, 2 Chick-Fil-A Bowls 1 win, Multiple All American, 2013 and 2014 Legacy MVP Nominee​

Coach's Comment This guy was an absolute stud. He didn't drop many catches and made some of the most ridiculous catches I've ever seen. On key plays, I would go to him almost every time. His speed allowed him to get open and his size allowed him to get the ball wherever it was thrown. He broke quite a few tackles and was able to make a ton of big plays. Without him, my offense would not have been anywhere near as good. Probably the best player I've had on a team ever.​

DE - Chris Bush, Florida State

Career Stats - 151 tackles, 48.5 Sacks, 4 FF, 1 FR, 1 INT

Awards Won -2012 Freshman of the Year, 2012 Nagurski, 2012 Lombardi, 2012 All-American, 2014 All-American

Team Accomplishments - 2012 National Champions, 2012 ACC Champions, 2013 ACC Champions

Coach's Comment - Chris was a 3 years started on a talented FSU defense. He started as a true freshman and made an immediate impact. He finished with 20 sacks that year and was a major reason for our success. He forced many hurried throws even when not getting a sack. Chris blew away the FSU sack record which was previously 35 sacks.

OLB - Khairi Fortt, Penn State

Career Stats - 212 tackles (155 solo, 57 assisted) 55 tackles for loss 13 sacks 2 interceptions 16 pass deflections 3 fumble forced 2 fumble recoveries 1 defensive TD​

Awards Won - None​

Team Accomplishments - 2 Big 10 titles (2013, 2014), 4-0 bowl games (2015 Rose Bowl)​

Coach's Comment - Khairi has been a solid contributor since his sophomore season. He has the awareness to know where the ball is going and the speed to run down the ball carrier. His 55 tackles for loss are a good indication of his ability to read the play and get through blockers to make the tackle. At Penn State we primarily use our front four to get pressure on QB, so Khairi didn't rack up huge sack totals, but he was effective getting pressure when needed.​

Official Ballot

___ QB - Bryan Bennett, Oregon

___ HB - Dillon Baxter, USC

___ WR - Brett Cameron, Virginia Tech

___ WR - Christian Green, Miami

___ DE - Chris Bush, Florida State

___ OLB - Khairi Fortt, Penn State

Vote Y or N for each player. If the player is from your team, you must go with an X. Player needs 8 of 11 votes to get in.

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Official Ballot

N QB - Bryan Bennett, Oregon

Y HB - Dillon Baxter, USC

Y WR - Brett Cameron, Virginia Tech

N WR - Christian Green, Miami

X OLB - Khairi Fortt, Penn State

21. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Im going to nominate Chris Bush, just found out he was leaving last night and will get his credintials posted tonight when i get home from work.

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ok, I will add him to the list so just post his info

23. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Once he posts bush just copy and paste this into a group PM. Guys will respond faster

24. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Name - Chris Bush

Overall rating - 99

Position - DE

Career Stats - 151 tackles, 48.5 Sacks, 4 FF, 1 FR, 1 INT

Awards Won -2012 Freshman of the Year, 2012 Nagurski, 2012 Lombardi, 2012 All-American, 2014 All-American

Team Accomplishments - 2012 National Champions, 2012 ACC Champions, 2013 ACC Champions

Coach's Comment - Chris was a 3 years started on a talented FSU defense. He started as a true freshman and made an immediate impact. He finished with 20 sacks that year and was a major reason for our success. He forced many hurried throws even when not getting a sack. Chris blew away the FSU sack record which was previously 35 sacks.