Legacy Hall of Fame Nominees - Class of 2015

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, Feb 26, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Deadline to post nominees is week 1 of recruiting in offseason

Couple rules before I get to the criteria
    - The player must be a graduating senior or an early entry into NFL Draft
    - Remember to save the player's information before we advance past Players Leaving in offseason
    - Please include as much information as possible on the player, I have provided an outline in the section below
    - I'd also like a picture for each athlete, so make sure to save one before the last game of this season

Each member of the league will cast a Yes or No vote. The player's coach cannot cast a vote, so the decision will be based on a maximum of 11 points. For entry into the Hall of Fame a player must receive 8 of 11 votes (72%).

Please use this outline when nominating players and remember to include a picture

---------

Name -

Overall rating - (at time of graduation/leaving)

Position -

Career Stats -

Awards Won -(in game awards i.e Heisman or league specific i.e Legacy MVP)

Team Accomplishments - (i.e bowl games won or conference championships)

Coach's Comment - (a description on why you feel this player has earned this honor)

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I have 3 nominees and will need to grab pictures for each one. This is a very talented senior class and all 3 of these players were recruited in the same class. I will need to update the team accomplishments, depending on which bowl I get and the outcome. I will also update awards if I win any this season.

I will add pic for Osterander in the morning, as well as look for pics for the other two players. I may need to snap pics of those 2 during my bowl game.

[​IMG]

Name - Ryan Osterander

Overall rating - 96 (SR)

Position - MLB

Career Stats - 234 tackles (178 solo, 56 assisted) 40 tackles for loss 4 sacks 1 interception 14 pass deflections 4 fumbles forced 1 fumble recovered

Awards Won - None

Team Accomplishments - Big 10 Championship (2); Rose Bowl win (1); Sugar Bowl win (1)

Coach's Comment - He came in to Penn State and started as a true freshman. Since that time he has been among the leaders in tackles for each season. He didn't make a lot of highlight plays but he simply shut down the opponent's rushing attack. He was on the field for nearly every play and I don't recall him missing a game during his collegiate career.

---

[​IMG]

Name - Lee Broussard

Overall rating - 99 (SR)

Position - DE/DT (switched to DT at the start of his senior season)

Career Stats - 154 tackles (114 solo, 40 assisted) 64 tackles for loss 26 sacks 1 interception 6 pass deflections 3 fumbles forced 2 fumbles recovered

Awards Won - 2015 1st Team All-American

Team Accomplishments - Big 10 Championship (2); Rose Bowl win (1); Sugar Bowl win (1)

Coach's Comment - A four year starter that demonstrated solid numbers throughout his collegiate career. The tackles for loss and sacks show that Broussard spent most of his time in the opponent's backfield. Even after moving inside he still put up solid numbers.

---

[​IMG]

Name - Curtis Garrett

Overall rating - 97 (SR)

Position - FS/CB (switched to cornerback at the start of his junior season)

Career Stats - 149 total tackles (109 solo, 40 assisted) 9 tackles for loss 1 sack 11 interceptions 25 pass deflections 5 forced fumbles 3 fumble recoveries 3 defensive touchdowns

Awards Won - 2015 1st Team All-American, 2015 Thorpe Award Winner

Coach's Comment - The former #1 recruit lived up to the hype. He didn't see the field much as a freshman but was solid for his remaining 3 seasons. This season he has really started showing of his talents, including a career high 6 interceptions. He also scored defensive touchdowns this year against USC and Michigan.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

Name - Adam Samuel

Overall rating - 96

Position - ROLB

Career Stats - 312 Total Tackles, 244 Solo Tackles, 68 Assisted Tackles, 54 TFL, 9 Sacks, 4 INT, 11 Pass Deflections, 11 Forced Fumbles, 6 Fumble Recoveries, 1 FG/P Block, 1 TD

Awards Won - All American, Impact Player, Freshmen of the Year Runner-Up

Team Accomplishments - Has won 3 Bowls under Coach Masler

Coach's Comment - This kid came in as a :4stars: recruit and I didn't have very high hopes for him. But he surprised me by leading our defense in tackles in his Freshmen year and still leads the Senior (the whole team really) defensive players in tackles for Career stats. He has explosiveness to get in the backfield and can keep up with the passing game. His hit power is amazing as he has created plays all through his college career. He has started every game in his career and a few NFL teams have already taken an interest in him. We are glad he stayed with us his Senior season and helped up back to a bowl after that 5-7 season.

[​IMG]

Name - Jamar Young

Overall Rating - 99

Position - QB

Career Stats - 163.5 QB Rating, 998/1702, 17,128 yards, 149 TD, 73 INT, 329.3 YPG, 58% Completion, 17.1 YPC, 82 Long, 86 Sacks

Awards Won - Impact Player, Team Captain since SO Year,

Team Accomplishments - Has Won 3 Bowls, Holds All Miami Passing Records, Holds NCAA Season and Career INT records, Holds NCAA Career Records for Passing TD's and Passing Yards.

Coach's Comment - I remember putting this kid on the field as a Freshmen and feeling very nervous about it. We didn't have a great season but he did lead us to a Bowl Game and I never though he would even come close to breaking NCAA records, let alone rewrite the Miami record book. I know he looks very Brett Favre-ish with all the Sacks and INT's but when it comes down to the line and we need a win, 80% of the time he will pull through and make that game winning throw unlike Mr. Favre. So I ask everyone to overlook the blemishes and see that he is a great QB with a few rough edges that the NFL could probably smooth out.

UPDATED AS OF BOWL GAMES

There will be one more entry from Miami if Blake Weber decides to go Pro. Will get pics from Bowl Game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Name - Chris Ryan

Overall rating - 85

Position - MLB

Career Stats - 266 Tackles (183 solo), 6 sacks, 7 INT, 33 TFL, 13 Deflections, 7 FF, 1 FR, 1 Safety

Awards Won - All ACC

Team Accomplishments - 2 ACC Championships, 2 Orange Bowl wins

Coach's Comment - Chris isn't the highest rated player but he plays way above his rating. He has started for 3 seasons and has put up great production each one. He is all over the field and he's well rounded enough that I can ask him to do anything.

==============

Name - Lance Foster

Overall rating - 98

Position - FS

Career Stats - 220 Tackles (164 Solo), 50 TFL, 11 Sack, 4 INT, 17 Deflections, 6 FF, 2 FR, 1 TD, 2 Return TD, 15 Rec, 9 Rec TD

Awards Won - Multi All American, led nation in tackles (2014), 3rd in solo tackles (2015)

Team Accomplishments - 2 ACC Championships, 2 Orange Bowl wins

Coach's Comment - Lance is a monster. He is one of the most hardest hitting safeties in league and he puts the team on his back. He can play the run (as I asked him to do A LOT) and he can cover well. He was only a two year starter, but put up some of the most impressive stats in the country. His athleticism was showcased in the two KR runs he had for me near the end of the season (his only two games at returner) to help get wins over Georgia and FSU.

========

Hopefully I don't need to fill out another one of these when the offseason starts...

5. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

Name - Matt McDaniel

Overall rating - 99

Position - QB

Career Stats - 154.4 Passer Rating, 1031 for 1775, 16058 Passing Yards, 147 Passing TDs, 321.2 Avg. Yards Per Game, 58.1% Completion %

Awards Won - 1st Team SEC QB 3 years in a row

Team Accomplishments - 2014 Chic-fil-a Bowl Champs, 2015 Cotton Bowl Champs

Coach's Comment - Set all of LSU's QB records for season and career. NCAA All Time Career Passing TD leader with 147 Passing TDs. One of the better QBs I have ever used in the history of playing this game. Had some running ability with 625 total rushing yards and 11 total rushing TDs. Was absolutly the reason I won so many game. Threw 5 game winning TDs with under :05 seconds to go. 2 of those against @MaslerBoros16 Miami. Haha, sorry had to point that out, 2 unforgettable games, I hope we can rematch at some point.

6. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

[​IMG]

Name - Matt Miles

Overall rating - 99

Position - WR

Career Stats - 248 Receptions 3824 Receiving Yards 39 TDs 15.4 yards per reception

Awards Won -2015 Heisman and Biletnikoff

Team Accomplishments - Won 4 SEC Championships, 2013 Co-National Championship, 2015 National Championship, 2012 Sugar Bowl, 2014 Sugar Bowl.

Coach's Comment - Matt was a go to wide receiver since the day he stepped foot on campus. He had the drive to become the best wide receiver in Alabama history. He owns every receiving record for the Crimson Tide.

Receiving TD (Career) - 39
    Receiving TD (Season) - 24
    Receiving Yds (Career) - 3824
    Receiving Yds (Season) - 1723
    Receptions (Career) - 248
    Receptions (Season) - 91

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I have no one worthy this year

8. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Name - Darryl Hicks

Overall rating - 98 SO RS

Position - QB

Career Stats - 184.4 QB Rating, 575/864, 66.6% completion, 95 TDs, 24 INTs (3.9 TDs per INT - 36 passes per INT (2.7%)), 8963 yards, 344.7 ypc

Awards Won - 2 Time All American

Team Accomplishments - 2 ACC Championships, 2 BCS wins.

Coach's Comment - Darryl was a [​IMG]recruit who came in and did not win out the starting job and we relegated to red shirt status. He worked extremely hard and was able to pass up competitor Marquis Weber for the starting role. From there, he never backed down, putting up great numbers and leading the team to a lot of wins. His accuracy was flawless and his decision making was good. After his first season of playing time, he had shown that he was one of the elite QBs in the entire NCAA. He has shown that he is capable of being an outstanding QB even without the help of star receivers like Brent Cameron. He leaves Virginia Tech as the career Leader in Passing Yards and Passing TDs.

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I have a couple guys that are worthy, I'll get them up here tonight.

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Maybe Schroeder, but I didnt play with him the first two seasons, and his numbers went down when I used him... so I dont think he deserves it.

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I forgot to get Stanleys stats but screw that bum. 10-3 record, worse record of all time by a QB at USC under my reign

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

QB Nick Richardson

I don't have his stats handy, I'll try to get them when I get home.

He won two big ten championships and was 2-0 in the rose bowl and also won the other minor bowl we played in last season. He only lost 6 games in his 3 year career as starter.

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Did you get his stats? I'm gonna send out ballot with the guys I have. If you post them, I will add Richardson.