Legacy Players: OP to Star

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by akutozo, Jul 30, 2015.

1. akutozo

akutozo Baby, I'm a Brown.

What this thread is for:

I want to compile data based on league input that may better help conflicting feelings regarding our Legacy Players being overpowered. So far we've had a lot of discussion in the chat box that doesn't necessarily reach all ears in the league. Please keep in mind, I have no idea what we will actually do with the Legacy Players, but perhaps this discussion and detail can help formulate a solid plan. We have roughly 4 weeks until the start of Madden 16, so better to get this out of the way now.

Current Legacy Player Information

• Must be a fictional player.
    • Must be a player on his originally drafted team.
    • The owner must have at least 1 full season's tenure and be in good standing with the league when Madden 15 concludes.
    • The player's original attributes must be tracked in the Legacy Player tracking thread
    • Once we move to a new Madden game, that player will be created from scratch and imported into the new game for use by the same owner.

These stats seem OP

Well, that's a legitimate concern. So let's address the position groups and iron it out. I'll update this thread as discussion develops a general consensus. What we want to identify are "What stats appear to be higher and/or more dominant than last year" and "What stats appear to be lower and/or less dominant than last year."

QB

Higher:
    Lower: SPD, TAD

HB

Higher:
    Lower: SPD/ACC

WR

Higher:

TE

DE & DT

MLB & OLB

CB

Higher:

Finally, I think we should agree on a solution that upholds the integrity of HaW while preserving the players we love from HaW 15. I genuinely believe that 100% effort should go into rewarding the most tenured members, as well as keeping players that have been as much a part of the community as the coaches themselves.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. akutozo

Personally, I favor a solution that models Legacy players after similarly built stars in the league (height, weight, etc) and adjusting minor stats to offset their star power (ex: AWR) that will keep the player relatively down to earth while still being able to become the contributor they were from day 1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. RyanRain39

RyanRain39 Walk On

My Legacy Player, which is a WR, is lower than Rookie Amari Cooper in most if not all stats.

• Like Like x 1
  4. akutozo

True, but when you consider my legacy player (in spoiler below); 98 SPD and 97 ACC, you need to take into account that the top 5 CBs in the league have a highest SPD rating of 89 and the top 5 WRs have a SPD rating of 92. These are the Legacy players that prompt the questions and desired solutions.

[​IMG]

5. RyanRain39

RyanRain39 Walk On

We should do a few offline drafts first, to see if Rookies can actually get these kinda stats. Chances are they don't but little research when the game comes out. Then go from there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    My preferred solution to this problem is simply having no legacy players period.

I will expand on my thoughts when I get home

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. arlennnn

arlennnn Walk On

I think that we shouldn't be messing with the stats too much but maybe limiting the major stat for each position to the maximum for players who are actually in the league.

As an example, maybe DT is the fastest wr in the league at 95 speed, we would bring any legacy wr over 95 down to that point. That way it keeps their strengths but doesn't create outliers in a sense

• Like Like x 1
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  8. RyanRain39

RyanRain39 Walk On

Won't you miss Arsenio Hobbs?

• Like Like x 1
  9. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Man not sure if I'd want Hobbs or Chester, my other CB. Probably Hobbs just because his name is Arsenio lol

10. akutozo

I appreciate the response, although I'd argue that the purpose of this thread is not for that purpose. I understand there could always be the possibility that the commissioner team may decide to do away with Legacy players, but in the event that they don't I'd like this thread to focus on identifiable solutions to calibrating them for Madden 16.

Ultimately, you determine what you want to contribute, but I'd appreciate feedback that also addresses the M16 changes and how to identify solutions in the event we don't simply do away with them altogether.

11. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

This is a great idea

12. akutozo

It makes sense. We can all easily start a private online cfm draft and see what pop up. We should still probably have a plan in place though for whatever those results are.

13. Freakskull

I think speed seems to be the real stat issue, no?
    Last year also brought us a ton of really big fast WRs, and really fast LBs. Maybe you could take a look at the 100 or so players that people have identified, and get an idea of who...

OR, maybe we should all post our Legacy pick, just so we know what players we expect to bring over... *just brainstorming*

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Looking at the legacy tracking..... Seems like there are a lot of players who weren't tracked with their unaltered rookie ratings, but put in after a season or more.....

I'm one of the ones who started the debate in the chat box about legacy players. My concern is that adding legacy players tips the competitive balance. Particularly when a fair number of the people getting these players are already "elite" users, it takes these guys and allows them to immediately plug holes on their roster with no competition for fm draft position, no scouting etc.

Additionally, only like half the league was here for long enough that those players are ingrained in anyone's head other than the user that played as them. A better solution would have been to say season 1 that any player drafted in the first or second draft (play season, sim season) could be carried over if that user played the entire cycle. Then there would be fewer players for each user to draw from, some teams would have had bad drafts, etc.

I'll tell you, I'm not a quitter, and I'll play regardless, but it's frustrating as a short term user to see longer tenured guys get preference in team selection over me and on top of that, to see them get what amounts to a free star player on top of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

Alright so my stance on this is as follows:

If a players has to have their speed nerfed they should get bonuses in some other stat such as awareness etc etc.

Otherwise that player is just losing value at least if you try and compensate in some other category they maintain some value.

Example: [​IMG]

If I wanted to bring Lucas over. 94 speed would be crazy high for a qb considering the speeds that have been released so far. Lets say the commish team thought it was fair to bring his speed down to a 90 (just an example). Since he is losing 4 physical attribute points which is normally way higher to get up maybe you boost his awareness by a considerable amount to compensate.

In the case of rookie qb's you also have to take into account their DAC as well since the highest in madden 16 will be an 80. Should a rookie qb start the cycle as the 2nd best accurate qb throwing the ball deep? Realistically you would prolly wanna drop that down to idk maybe a 72? In turn yet again finding somewhere to compensate, in Lucas's case you could still prolly do awareness his is so shitty.

Yet again this is just an example and my thoughts. But this is how I would like to think would keep things somewhat fair.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Freakskull

I like the back and forth technical discuss we are having here. Its probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I like to analyze things.

Top rated CBs - Speed from Madden 15 to Madden 16:
    Sherman 91 to 87
    Revis 93 to 88
    V. Davis 93 to 88
    Harris Jr. 91 to 89
    Shawn Smith 88 to 86

Top Rated WRs - Speed from M15 to M16
    A. Brown 91 to 90
    Dez Bryant 92 to 89
    Calvin Jonson (no speed released for M16)
    Julio Jones 95 to 92
    ODB 93 to 92

This is interseting, it looks like there is a trend of lower speed scores, even for players that are in their prime.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. RFF

RFF Walk On

I'm waiting to see what the eligibility rules are before I weigh in. I don't want to argue loudly against them if I'm ineligible and just seem selfish/biased. But if I do meet the criteria and get a legacy player either way, I humbly believe legacy players are a bad thing for the league for just...so many reasons, as awesome as an idea as they seemed at first blush.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

This seems more like age adjustment then necessarily needing of speed.