Legacy QB Values

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, Feb 25, 2012.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

This is something I worked on for T3 last season and decided to make a version for Legacy this season. The number doesn't have any true value but basically incorporates some additional stats into the QB rating system.

The biggest anomaly is Iowa's QB rating in comparison to the team's record. Only Iowa has one or less losses and a QB in the bottom half of the league. Bama has two losses but can't really put blame on Wilson based on his numbers this season. I included both Tennessee quarterbacks since their attempts were similar. Plus I had it setup for 12 teams and we are down a user at the moment.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I made the Pac-12 Champ Game despite my terrible QB. Awesome

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

For season 2 we had 3 players in T3 with worse QB values than Vinson, if that makes you feel better. (y)

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Im starting a Freshman in Legendary Veterans and it's pretty rough. 1-9 right now with Washington State, a lot of tough breaks, but his leading the nation in passing yards.

I'm losing Price next season and have two guys who will be Sophomore's next year with pretty good mobility so I'm thinking about trying the fleXbox One with the two halfbacks I signed this year. However, I might just stick out the Air Raid because it's what I know best and I'm bringing in two QBs with B+ THP with 0 mobility, and a two pretty good WRs when I wasn't planning on signing any.

I'll probably be working on the O line the next few seasons as indicated by the league high 46 sacks allowed lol.

Also, I'm surprised there's two users with more pass attempts than me...what are your guys' rushing stats on the season (Asu & Wash)?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Between this season in Legacy and two seasons of T3, Price has the highest score of any user controlled QB. This league scored way better than T3 on a QB basis. Blalock has the second best numbers of any user controlled QB, if I toss results from a user in T3 that was on AP for half the season.

I may make a new formula before we finish next season. I have an idea on what I want to measure, just not sure if I can actually achieve that goal with the limited information in NCAA stats. Either way I will probably keep using this template, mostly because it only takes 10 minutes to fill out now that spreadsheet is setup. Plus I like being able to look back at data for multiple seasons.

Legacy 2016 average QB Rating - 681.3
    T3 2012 average QB rating - 298.3
    T3 2013 average QB rating - 421.5 (drops to 252.1 if I don't count team on AP for 6 games)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  6. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I'm a little confused; so what range of number(s) are considered good/bad (assuming that is what's being measured)?

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

There is no true meaning to value, more just a comparison between players. Anything above the league average would be considered good.

Basically the formula adds a few other items into the existing QB rating equation (rushing TD, sacks and fumbles)

Positives
    Accuracy (Completed Passes - Incomplete Pass) x Yards Per Comp = Value A

Pass TD x 50 = Value B

Rush TD x 50 = Value D

Negatives
    Turnovers (Interceptions + Fumbles) x 50 = Value D

Sacks x 10 = Value E

I'm probably going to change formula for Value A since I don't like how that item is calculated. Right now the formula is still in the trial and error stage.