Legacy Week 11 2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy Week 11 2010

We are now into week 11. We have 2 user games this week so get those threads up. Let's keep the content up guys. We are rolling good.

Game of the Week:

#3 Penn St (Bravejaf) @ #2 Ohio St (Tmac6412)

A huge big ten matchup that will crown the Big Ten Champs. The winner will also be the front runner for a number 1 or 2 spot in the BCS Polls. We also have a pretty big SEC matchup this week between Georgia and Auburn.

Welcome to Week 11!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #5 Alabama Crimson Tide (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 23-7 against LSU (6-3).
    This week, the Crimson Tide will host Mississippi State (5-4).

=============== #14 Auburn Tigers (7-1) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers will host #19 Georgia (7-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Kingsley Burley has committed to Minnesota

=============== #16 Florida State Seminoles (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida State lost 33-9 against North Carolina (6-3).
    This week, the Seminoles will host #18 Clemson (8-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) ROLB Joel Walker has committed to Florida State

=============== #19 Georgia Bulldogs (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 37-27 against West Virginia (6-2).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Auburn to face the #14 Auburn Tigers (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Drew Dawson has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (****) SS Aaron Tyler has committed to Miami

=============== Miami Hurricanes (4-5) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 35-7 against Maryland (5-4).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Atlanta to face the #9 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (8-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Chad Williams has committed to Ohio State

=============== Michigan Wolverines (3-5) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 34-31 against Illinois (3-6).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (5-4).

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (9-0) ===============
    Last week the Buckeyes were idle.
    This week, the Buckeyes will host #3 Penn State (8-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Blake Gray has committed to Ohio State

=============== #6 Oregon Ducks (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 45-31 against Washington (6-3).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (5-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Ben Scott has committed to Oregon
    - (**) FB Calvin Mills has committed to Oregon
    - (***) WR Randy Vincent has committed to Oregon

=============== #3 Penn State Nittany Lions (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 38-7 against Northwestern (4-5).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Columbus to face the #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (9-0).

=============== UCLA Bruins (3-5) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 45-38 against Oregon State (5-3).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Seattle to face the Washington Huskies (6-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Chris Payne has committed to Iowa

=============== #1 USC Trojans (8-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 20-13 against Arizona State (3-6).
    This week, the Trojans travel to Tucson to face the Arizona Wildcats (3-6).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Kingsley Burley has committed to Minnesota

=============== #8 Virginia Tech Hokies (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 27-7 against Georgia Tech (8-1).
    This week, the Hokies travel to Chapel Hill to face the #20 North Carolina Tar Heels (6-3).

Next ADV will be no later than WEDs at 4 PM EST. Good Luck

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I suck and Im puting myself on the hot seat.

Michigan 3
    Purdue 20

3. Hova

You seem to be on and off with them Wolverines. 2 more Wins and you can out due Rich Rods first year (y)

Edit: I misread your siggy. You have to run the last 3 games agaisnt top 10 ranked opponents to out due rich. Keep the Faith!!

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Don't feel bad, Miami isn't doing so well either.

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah. I can't find an identity for my offense because I have no running game at all. Denard is my best runner. Prep for next season I guess. Need some recruits.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

I also feel ya there lol, only two recruits so far...long long way to go, offseason help me.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG]

UCLA - 28
    Washington -35

The photo says it all. Just cant win the close ones with this team. All of my 6 loses this year have been by 7 or fewer points (except the Oregon game it would have without the DC). EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!​

8. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 45
    Mississippi State - 14

Alabama shakes off a slow start to blow out the Bulldogs

Mississippi State started the game off with a bang. Chris Relf completed a long bomb for a 77 yard score to Brandon Heavens on the first play from scrimmage. He was somehow able to beat triple coverage for the score. The Bulldogs continued to keep things close unil the fourth quarter. They were only down 21-14 going into the final quarter.

Alabama used a heavy dose of running in the second half to pull away. Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, Eddie Lacy, and Demetrius Goode combined for 331 yards and 4 touchdowns. Greg McElroy bounched back from last week's bad performance. He went 21 for 32 for 251 yards with 2 touchdowns and 1 interception.

The Crimson Tide will next host FCS Southeast.

9. Hova

That should be a TOUGH game LOL

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami 35

GA Tech 38

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, with 35 seconds left the Hurricanes give up a long TD pass to give Georgia Tech the win....

11. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

I know a coach that would love to have Big Blue!! *cough* *cough*

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Hopefully it goes better for you than it did for me in my offline dynasty. Offseason recruiting is very competitive this season because the CPU will go after players very aggressively. I saw a :4stars: center with 24 scholarship offers. I was his #1 school going in (using Florida) but I ended up losing out.

13. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I have 1 recruit so far. I think Florida State is feeding my Georgia recruits some BS lines. There should be some investigations or I might have to pull the Phil Fulmer / Alabama.

14. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

We are thinking of annexing Georgia and making it part of Florida :) . We did steal Brendan Marks out of Georgia and added another Georgia recruit this week. The Bulldogs were trying to invade FSU territory and steal :4stars: LB Joel Walker. He was a soft commit last we, but we managed to pull him back.

15. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Clemson 17
    Florida St 23

Florida State faced off against rival Clemson in a big ACC matchup. Both teams were 5-1 in conferance play and the winner would be in control for the ACC Atlantic with a likely shot at Virginia Tech for the ACC Championship.

Both teams felt each other out in the first half, with the score at 3 all. Ponder, who was 3-12 with an int in the first half, went 12-20 and 2 TD in the second half. Bert Reed made a nice juggling catch in the endzone in the 3rd quarter. It was a close call, the refs reviewed the call, but the TD stood.

FSU was up 10 heading into the 4th. Clemson quickly score a pair of TD's and it appear that FSU had lost all momentum. With about 1:45 to play, Florida State was down 4 and had the ball on our own 20 yard line. Ponder hit Fast Willie Ponder on the sideline for a 80 yard go-ahead TD. Quickly thereafter Dionte Allen would pick off Clemson QB Kyle Parker and set up a FSU FG to put us up 6.

Clemson made a final push with about a minute to play and no timeouts. The last play of the game was a completion to the FSU 3 yard line, but time expired.

Whew another close game, but a win is a win. Still struggling with completion percentage and running game. I see a playbook change for FSU next year.

Key Stats
    FSU
    Christian Ponder 273 passing yards 2 TD
    Willie Haulstead 125 receiving yards 1 TD
    Dustin Hopkins 3-3 FG 2-2 XP

Clemson
    Jamie Haprer 131 Rushing Yards 1 TD

16. Hova

Haha Investigations under way....

17. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#19 Georgia 49
    #14 Auburn 28

The Oldest Rivalry in the South was a high scoring affair, with lots of action and lots of turnovers, that was defined by big plays. Auburn would start out on fire behind the rage of the fans in Jordan-Hare Stadium. The Tigers scored on their first possession and then intercepted an Aaron Murray pass on the ensuing possession. Georgia's defense was able to hold, but Auburn's special teams unit created a turnover. The Tigers cashed in on the opportunity to go up 14-0. Georgia scored on a 60 yard option run by Aaron Murray to cut the deficit to 14-7 at the end of the first quarter.

On Auburn's next possession, RB Dyer fumbled and it was recovered by the Georgia defense. The Bulldogs were able to cash in on the turnover to tie the game at 14. The game would be 21-21 at the half.

Georgia made some halftime adjustments to outscore Auburn 28-7 in the second half. The Bulldogs had some big gains in the passing game and Jr WR AJ Green scored on a 57 yard reverse. On defense, OLB Daryl Gamble had 9 tackles and 3 TFL.

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State 23
    Ohio State 21

The game started off well for Penn State as they got on the board first with a Newsome to Zug TD pass. The Nittany Lions started the drive inside the 5 yards line but after a -3 yard rush and a 10 yard penalty the team was facing a 3 and goal at the 18 yard line. Penn State would add a couple field goal and another TD to give Penn State a 20-0 lead going into half.

Ohio State got the ball first after half and apparently the coach laid into his team to get some points. The message was received and Ohio State marched down the field to make it a 20-7 lead. Herron did most of the work on this drive, breaking off a couple long runs to get the team in scoring position. Newsome fell apart in the third quarter and he threw 2 interceptions on the next 2 Penn State drives. Both interceptions led to touchdowns by the Buckeyes. The 20 point half time lead was converted into a 1 point deficit during those 7 minutes in the third quarter. In the fourth quarter Penn State would get a few first downs and got into field goal range to take the lead at 23-21. The defense made a few stops and the win was secured.

With the win over Ohio State, Penn State is in driver's seat for Big 10 title. They have 2 conference games left and need at least 1 win to clinch the title. Penn State is also in good position for a National Title berth but a match with Georgia will likely determine whether they get that opportunity.

Offensive Player of the Game: Royster 115 yards 1 TD

Defensive Player of the Game: Crawford 5 tackles 2 sacks 1 fumble forced

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

When will Penn St stop winning that Big 10 crown? They chased me to a different conference..

20. Hova

So you were able to get the game in? Nice

21. Hova

Anyone heard anything from Pipehitter? He still has to play. I will wait until 4 PM EST before I advance since that is the advance time.

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Hoping to keep Penn State's dominance going in Legacy, but hoping to win with Ohio State over in Trifecta.

Yeah we got the game in. He was online after I played my other game so it ended up working out. Like always Tmac and I played a game that came down to the last minute.

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

He was in Vegas until Tuesday. He should be back today.