Legacy Week 12 2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy Week 12 2010

We are now into Week 12. 2 User games this week so get those scheduled. Also get them recruiting threads updated this week.

Game of the Week:

#5 Oregon (Hokie Effect) @ #17 Auburn (DJ391)

Oregon heads to Auburn this week for a top 25 Matchup. Game should have some BCS Bowl implications. VA Tech also heads to Miami this week to Face masler and try to keep pace in the ACC title hunt.

The top 10 is a log jam of users. Things will start to get interesting here soon. If anyone wants to do a Write-up on that feel free too, I know Reech has been busy lately with the kid and running his own league so no problems there if someone wants to step up or Reech feel free to as well lol

Welcome to Week 12!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #4 Alabama Crimson Tide (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 45-14 against Mississippi State (5-5).
    This week, the Crimson Tide will host FCS Southeast .
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Sheldon Perry has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #17 Auburn Tigers (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Auburn lost 49-28 against Georgia (8-2).
    This week, the Tigers will host #5 Oregon (8-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LT Andy Temple has committed to Florida State

=============== #13 Florida State Seminoles (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 23-17 against Clemson (8-2).
    This week, the Seminoles travel to College Park to face the Maryland Terrapins (6-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #14 Georgia Bulldogs (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 49-28 against Auburn (7-2).
    This week, the Bulldogs are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Chris Nealy has committed to Georgia
    - (**) FB Jason Kendrick has committed to Georgia
    - (***) MLB Kevin Lane has committed to Georgia
    - (***) LOLB Donnie Graham has committed to Georgia
    - (****) RT Matt Malone has committed to Georgia
    - (****) QB Brad Samuel has committed to Oregon

=============== Miami Hurricanes (4-6) ===============
    Last week, Miami lost 38-25 against Georgia Tech (9-1).
    This week, the Hurricanes will host #8 Virginia Tech (7-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) P Cornelius Hopkins has committed to Miami
    - (**) FB Jason Kendrick has committed to Georgia
    - (***) HB Craig Brant has committed to Miami

=============== Michigan Wolverines (3-6) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 20-3 against Purdue (6-4).
    This week, the Wolverines will host #10 Wisconsin (8-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Jermaine Hargrove has committed to Michigan
    - (****) HB William Keller has committed to Penn State
    - (****) C David Moore has committed to LSU

=============== #6 Ohio State Buckeyes (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State lost 23-21 against Penn State (9-0).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Iowa City to face the #19 Iowa Hawkeyes (7-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Mike Bolen has committed to Ohio State

=============== #5 Oregon Ducks (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 36-9 against Cal (5-5).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Auburn to face the #17 Auburn Tigers (7-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Sam Anderson has committed to Oregon
    - (****) RT Cliff Barrett has committed to Oregon

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (9-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 23-21 against Ohio State (9-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (5-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LT Josh Little has committed to Penn State

=============== UCLA Bruins (3-6) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 31-24 against Washington (7-3).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Gainesville to face the #24 Florida Gators (7-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT Cliff Barrett has committed to Oregon
    - (****) QB Derrick Mason has committed to West Virginia
    - (****) FS Nick Merritt has committed to Oregon State

=============== #2 USC Trojans (9-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 29-10 against Arizona (3-7).
    This week, the Trojans travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (6-3).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Kenneth Fisher has committed to Texas
    - (****) HB Derek Parker has committed to USC
    - (**) FB Quinton Cook has committed to Air Force

=============== #8 Virginia Tech Hokies (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 28-3 against North Carolina (6-4).
    This week, the Hokies travel to Miami to face the Miami Hurricanes (4-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Chris Nealy has committed to Georgia
    - (***) HB Craig Brant has committed to Miami

Next ADV will be no later than SATURDAY at 3 PM EST. Good Luck.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yes i've been an extreme slacker when it comes to content this first month. Trying to turn that around in all 3 of my leagues. May need to cut down to 2. If I have some time tonight, I'll try and churn out something worthy of posting.

3. Hova

Not us? (n)

4. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Ohio State - 49
    Iowa - 21

Ohio State rebounds from its heartbreaking loss to Penn State last week by going on the road and defeating Iowa 49-21. After the worst game of his career, Terrelle Pryor threw for over 200 yards and a couple of touchdowns.

Dan Herron continued his strong play since replacing the injured Brandon Saine as the starter with over 100 yards rushing and two scores.

Nic Dilillo had a career day with a touchdown reception and a fumble recovery that he proceeded to take for a score.

On defense, Cam Heyward picked up his 10th sack of the season.

5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Dillilo is from my old high school. Funny stuff.

6. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Florida State 27
    Maryland 0

Florida State wraps up ACC conferance play with perhaps their most complete game of the season. Christian Ponder was finally able to get in a groove as he completed 61% of his passes for 255 yards and 3 TD. The running game combined for over 100 yards. Starter Jermaine Thomas went down early and missed the last 3 quarters of the game. Chris Thompson stepped in and rushed for 70 yards. Kicker Dustin Hopkins went 2-2 on FG's including a 50 yards. The defense was tough again, pitching their second shutout of the season.

We have two tough games to go with home games against #24 rival Florida and a fiesy #17 Auburn led by DJ.

7. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Alabama - 65
    FCS Southeast - 0

Alabama uses 2nd team players to crush FCS Southeast

Alabama only allowed its starters to play the 1st quarter in this laugher. The score was 45-0 at the half. The Crimson Tide ran the ball mostly on the day, rushing 46 times for 434 yards and 7 touchdowns. Little used Junior Jeramie Griffin led the team with 133 yards on 14 carries. Eddie Lacy and Demetrius Goode also ran for over 100 yards. Lacy had 117 yards with 1 touchdown while Goode went for 110 yards and 1 touchdown. Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson did see some action. Richardson had 2 touchdowns and Ingram 1.

The Crimson Tide will host Auburn next week for the annual Iron Bowl game.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 31
    Florida - 28

BAM!...finally win the close one. A little too late for this season but it feels good to beat a team like that in the Swamp. Forbath nailed a 38 yard FG as time expired and the Bruins pulled off the upset of the season!

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No, im here to stay. UCLA is my team win or lose no matter how many controllers I throw across the room at the dog!

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Wisconsin 63
    Michigan 42

Michigan found itself in an early hole down 21 - 0 against tenth ranked Wisconsin. Denard Robinson started the game but after two interceptions in his first two possessions, Tate Forcier entered the game. Michigan went on to match the Badgers point for point the rest of the way but could not overcome the deficit despite closing the lead to seven on two occasions only to watch John Clay running the lead back to 14. Clay set an NCAA Division I record 414 yards rushing in the game adding seven touchdowns. Clay was an unstoppable force as shown on a 79 yard dash up the middle of the Michigan defense to close the first half. Forcier finished with 464 passing yards and connected on 6 touchdown passes. Martavious Odoms caught 10 passes for 177 yards and two TDs while Darryl Stonum hauled in seven for 113 and three touchdowns. THe pair also combined for five drops on the afternoon.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Way to go Reech!! Glad I followed Hovs vote

12. Hova

Wooo UCLA!! haha

And I Heard the new patch made the CPU RB a little better, like getting rid of that ball tuck glitch. I figured John Clay would be even MORE unstoppable. You played em close though for them being a better team

13. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Geeeeezussssss looks like michigan cant catch a break, maybe a new coach in the offseason.... A swap between coaches, wait did i say that out loud?

What i meant was i love Auburn........(no really i dont...)

14. Hova

Better find a way to fall in love with Auburn because you'll never be coaching any where else. Well then again... I did hear that the Kentucky CATS are looking for a new coach....

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

hahahahaha

16. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Michael Dyer(Auburn)- 52
    Oregon- 45

Michael had a game legends are made of 31 carries 338 yards 7 tds. 49 points all credited to the freshman phenom. He literally carried the Tigers to victory in this one.... Gg hokie what a wild 4th your team never went away. Dyer tried putting you down like 4 times lol. Next up Bama... Full summary later...

17. Hova

Wow over 1,000 yards of Offense combined in this game. Did you guys forget how to play defense??

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

Surprising, usually hokie eliminates the run

19. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Yeah GG DJ. After a slow 1st quarter, Dyer absolutley exploded and I had no answer on defense. Kids only a freshman too!!! I lost James for most of the game and was forced to rely mostly on the passing game and faired okay throwing for 400+ yds, but 2 INT's and a failed 4th and inches got the best of me. I guess I jinxed myself with all that BCS talk.

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State 35
    Indiana 3

This game was a cake walk and Penn State won easily despite not having top 2 backs. Rosyter left the Ohio State game with an injury (that I don't remember) and he isn't expected back till the Michigan State game next week. Green got the start at halfback but he did not make it out of the first quarter. Beachum and Dukes did enough on the ground to keep the offense balanced. Newsome did the rest, passing for 3 touchdowns and rushing for a touchdown. Brown was the recipient of 2 touchdowns and Drake caught the other touchdown. Brown also tied Moye for team lead in receptions at 5 and Moye won the yardage battle with 124 yards.

The defense played solid but didn't make many big plays. The only takeaway was an interception by Lynn and he fumbled the ball back to the Hoosiers. Indiana quarterback Chappell didn't get many big plays and he passed for just 137 yards on 27 attempts. Aside from a big rush, 60 yard gain by Willis, the rushing game for Indiana didn't do much. Taking out the 60 yard gain they only had 37 yards rushing on the day.

Next up for Penn State is a showdown with Michigan State. This match will finish up Penn State's Big 10 schedule. A win will clinch the conference championship, a loss and they could tie with Ohio State. Royster may be rested early in that game so he can be ready for the Georgia game the following week.

Offensive Player of the Game: 14-17 244 yards 3 TD/1 INT; 8 carries 15 yards 1 TD

Defensive Player of the Game: Lynn 3 tackles 1 interception

21. Hova

[​IMG]

"USC headed out to Oregon this week to battle the Beavers. USC is dealing with many injuries right now as the starting RB, FB, WR and SS are all out with week to week injuries. Despite the injuries the defense still showed up and made big plays all day including a pick 6 by the backup SS. Backup HB Bradford was no slouch either as he rushed for 164 yards and 4 TDs filling in for Gable. USC gets the big win and now heads back home as the Georgia Bulldogs fly in from the south. Coach Hova is really hoping to get some of his starters back for next weeks conference challenge showdown."

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami 21

Va Tech 7

Miami's defense played bend don't break today as they stopped the Hokies twice in the redzone and only gave up one TD. Up 14-0 they forced a fumble on an option pitch. This play would set up the drive to go up 21-0. After halftime neither team could get the ball in the endzone. Following a goal line stand, Miami would proceed to run out the clock. The Hurricanes came in with a new gameplan today, run first pass later. It worked better than Masler thought as Cooper would run 25 times for 198 yds and 3 TD. Harris would throw for 144 yds, 0 TDs, 0 INTs. This game was very important to Miami as they still could earn themselves a bowl, providing a victory at home next week vs USF (2-7). Should be an easy win, but I won't guarantee anything..

GG Nole, I thought you had me in the second half. Looks like we will have a good rivalry on our hands.

Wire Highlights include:
    1) Big run by Cooper
    2) Fumble
    3) TD run by Cooper
    4) Another big run by Cooper

23. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

#8 VT-7
    Miami-21

I had no shot to win this game against the 2001 Hurricane squad. My line wouldn't block. Couldn't stop Greg Cooper if my life depended on it. Their defense was all over the place, as were Tyrod Taylor's throws. I had 2 crucial 3rd and long conversions called back for holding. Had a perfectly metered FG magically drift left. Did I mention my line wouldn't block? Yeah 22 rushes for 50 yds. Ran into the back of my blockers on every run. Lost the turnover battle, of course. But I digress.

Not to take anything from Mas. He came in with a grind it out, clock killing gameplan and executed it. Wish the cpu would've let this be the heavyweight battle it should've been.

Wish we could tee it up again in the ACCCG, but looks like our division is yours for the taking. Congrats man.

***just re-read that post and I sound like a bitch***

24. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

yeah gg man. i've already penciled you in as my most looked forward to game next season. cooper was monstrous in this.

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

I believe you still won our side of the conference. I never beat UNC or Georgia Tech.