Legacy Week 13 2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy Week 13 2010

We are now into Week 13. Three big user games this week so get those scheduled. Another note, keep up the good work on summaries and your recruiting thread. This year I will be linking every recruiting thread and summary thread to your team history thread and will do this yearly so your time will not be wasted when writing all of these. It should turn out to be a pretty awesome history section.

Games of the Week:

#12 Georgia (AbolishtheFed) @ #2 USC (hovathegodMC)

Michigan (Big Suge Knight) @ #5 Ohio St (Tmac6412)

#14 Auburn (DJ391) @ #4 Bama (Cnic75)

All have top 5 implications.

Welcome to Week 13!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #4 Alabama Crimson Tide (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 65-0 against FCS Southeast .
    This week, the Crimson Tide will host #14 Auburn (8-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) ROLB Joseph Vinson has committed to LSU

=============== #14 Auburn Tigers (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Auburn won 52-45 against Oregon (8-2).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Tuscaloosa to face the #4 Alabama Crimson Tide (10-1).

=============== #12 Florida State Seminoles (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 27-0 against Maryland (6-5).
    This week, the Seminoles will host Florida (7-4).

=============== #13 Georgia Bulldogs (8-2) ===============
    Last week the Bulldogs were idle.
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Los Angeles to face the #2 USC Trojans (10-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Carl Kelly has committed to Georgia

=============== Miami Hurricanes (5-6) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 21-7 against Virginia Tech (7-3).
    This week, the Hurricanes will host USF (2-8).

=============== Michigan Wolverines (3-7) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 63-42 against Wisconsin (9-1).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Columbus to face the #5 Ohio State Buckeyes (10-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) ROLB Joseph Vinson has committed to LSU
    - (****) RT Chris Harvey has committed to North Carolina

=============== #5 Ohio State Buckeyes (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 49-21 against Iowa (7-4).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Michigan (3-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Travis O'Neill has committed to LSU
    - (***) CB Antwaun Dodds has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #11 Oregon Ducks (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon lost 52-45 against Auburn (8-2).
    This week, the Ducks will host Arizona (3-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Aaron Bishop has committed to Boise State
    - (****) RG Joe Washington has committed to Oregon
    - (***) TE Noah Tremblay has committed to Oregon

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (10-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 35-3 against Indiana (5-6).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host Michigan State (6-4).

=============== UCLA Bruins (4-6) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 31-28 against Florida (7-4).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Tempe to face the Arizona State Sun Devils (3-7).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LOLB Paul Bullock has committed to Boise State
    - (****) RT Chris Harvey has committed to North Carolina

=============== #2 USC Trojans (10-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 38-17 against Oregon State (6-4).
    This week, the Trojans will host #13 Georgia (8-2).

=============== #21 Virginia Tech Hokies (7-3) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech lost 21-7 against Miami (5-6).
    This week, the Hokies will host Virginia (4-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LOLB Paul Bullock has committed to Boise State

Next ADV will be no later than TUESDAY at 1 PM EST.

2. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

Battle for the Commonwealth
    UVA-31
    #21 VT-38

Blizzard conditions in the 'Burg made for one helluva shootout in this one. Add to that my starting corners both getting hurt on the first drive of the game and we had a fireworks show. Tyrod Taylor made his last game against the 'Hoos count, tossing 3 TD passes. Ryan Williams had 128 yds rushing and Logan Thomas tossed a gorgeous TD pass out of the Wild Turkey formation after a Houdini-esque play fake.

Looks like I may miss out on the Championship Game to GT based on overall record, even though we have identical 7-1 ACC records, with their 1 being at the hands of me in a game that I dominated to a point that all of the GT coaches wives went home with me.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami Earns Bowl Eligibility!!​

Miami 35

USF 20

Miami's 21 point 4th quarter lifted them to 6-6, earning them a bowl. USF managed to go up 14-20 early in the 4th quarter but 3 turnovers cost them the game late as Miami's defense had enough fooling around. Harris would proceed to throw 2 TD's and Cooper would run one in to put the Canes up by 15. What a crazy comeback, the way Harris was playing had me scared for a bit. The star of this game was a first, WR Hankerson, he had a monster day catching the ball. He was always open when I needed him to be. The regular season ends on a high note.

Miami is now 6-6 and are awaiting to see which bowl they have been invited to.

Notable Stats

J. Harris 20/33, 336 yds, 3 TD

G. Cooper 25 Att, 116 yds, 2 TD

L. Hankerson 7 Rec, 182 yds, TD

T. Benjamin 3 Rec, 93 yds, TD

S. Green 6 Tackles (4 solo, 2 assisted), 1 TFL

Defense had a total of: 2 INT's, 2 FF, 1 FR, and 2 Sacks

Wire Highlights Include:
    1) Harris throws a 90 yd TD to Hankerson on 3rd and 21
    2) Harris throws the TD that would put Miami up by 1 point
    3) Cooper rushes in a TD that would put Miami up by 8
    4) Benjamin hauls in a long bomb to seal Miami's victory for good.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

[​IMG]

Penn State clinches sole possession of the Big 10 conference championship by knocking off rival Michigan State. The Spartans got a few big pass plays from Kirk Cousins but they did not do much outside those plays. Cousins only passed for 196 yards and 158 yards came on the 2 big plays (83 and 75 yard TD passes). The running attack didn't do much either, carrying it 26 times for 97 yards.

The Nittany Lions offense was much more consistent throughout the game. Newsome is only in his first year at starting quarterback but with each game he gets a little better. Against the Spartans Newsome continued his progression and he played a nearly perfect game. His favorite target in this game was fellow sophomore Drake. The receiver caught 7 receptions for 165 yards, including a 41 yard touchdown. Moye and Zug also caught touchdown passes on this game. Newsome also did some work on the ground, rushing for 31 yards and a short touchdown. His backfield mate Royster continued plowing through defenders in his final season at PSU. Royster carried it 19 times for 98 yards, including a short touchdown.

Next week's match against Georgia will conclude Penn State's regular season. A win in this game and Penn State punches its ticket to the National Championship. A loss would land the team in a Rose Bowl berth, not a bad fall back but Nittany Lions are committed to finish the regular season with a win. They will need to do so without backup halfback and starting kick and punt returner Greene. Beachum will be the back to spell Royster.

Offensive Player of the Game: Newsome 17-23 303 yards 3 TD/0 INT; 6 carries 31 yards 1 TD

Defensive Player of the Game: Gbadyu 3 tackles 1 sack 1 fumble forced

5. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Florida 22
    FSU 29

Florida State brings home the Governor's Cup after a 29-22 victory over rival Florida. Jermaine Thomas had a long 96 yard TD run to start the game. Willie Haulstead had an 82 yard TD reception to put the Seminoles ahead for good in the 3rd quarter. Florida QB Jeff Brantley twice led the Gators to 4th quarter red zone trips, but both times Sophomore CB Greg Reid picked him off. Both INT's help to clinch the win.

Next week the Seminoles host DJ and his Auburn Pussy Cats.

6. Hova

Looks like we will need an extension since no user games have been played because of busy schedules and these are pretty important ones. I will take it to tuesday at 8pm EST so keep trying to get those games in.

7. Hova

ADV will be tuesday at 8pm EST so every schedule accordingly

8. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

DJ and I just had a disconnect. We were tied 7-7. We are going to try again later tonight. If we cannot get it in tonight we will try again tomorrow.

9. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Auburn- 30
    Alabama-23

Auburn escapes just barely hanging on to get yet another upset win this year. Dyer had yet another 100 yard game and Newton was very accurate going 12 for 18 through the air for 304 yards 2tds and no picks. There was ONE questionable play which bama argues changed the face of the game. On a 3rd and long sensing blitz auburn qb Newton rolled out (not sprinting to the sideline) about 4 yards to his right and chucked the ball into great single man coverage hoping his WR would bail him out which he did as tge CB whiffed at a ball. The wr was about a inch behind the cb having zero room for error.

Coach DJ after the game: "Well yes that was a big play for us in way of keeping our drive alive while the game was tied. But that play did not win us the game or score us a TD. We still had to execute plays to score the touchdown. I think at this point ill take being luck on a play that help sustain a drive rather than feeling iffy on whether or not the play was illegal. I dont think it was as he didnt instantly make a dead sprint to the sideline and lead a reveiver to a catch no. He went through his progression and threw a horrible pass into coverage that somehow got by the cb.."

All said it was a great game with what i guess can be precieved as a semi cheesy play... All and all GG Cnic... Gl the rest of the year

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan 21
    OSU 35

Michigan had a valiant showing in this one but came up short late in The Game. Forcier started the game and found Martavious Odoms early and often as the combo combined fir 12 completions and 249 yards with a touchdown. Odoms got behind the Buckeye defense on a few big catches but it was not enough to lead the Wolverines to victory. Michigan plays Va Tech next week to finish the season.

11. Hova

Better hope it wasnt cheese

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

I see no pressure at all in that video, no reason at all to run to the sideline. You started to roll at first then ran.

13. Hova

[​IMG]

#2 USC 21
    #8 Georgia 30

"This game started with USC driving down the field in good pace, then.. HB fumbles. Georgia drives the ball down the field and gets the quick 7. Next drive USC is driving down the field once again. Barkley throws, ball gets tipped then picked off. Defense holds this time. USC drives down to the redzone again... HB fumbles again. This was the story of the day. Late USC made a surge but could never pull ahead. They got the game within 6 then missed the onside kick attempt. When trying to stop HB King on 3rd down he plows through not 1 tackle but two!! As he runs around for the first down. It was a game filled with huge plays by georgia and mishaps by USC. Georgia played their asses off on defense and knock off USC in the Grand Ole Lady. USC looks to rebound next week vs UCLA. GG Bsta, you played great."

14. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#13 Georgia 30
    #2 USC 21

Georgia's coach consulted Pedro Cerrano before the game on how to rally the troops to victory. Cerrano suggested sacrificing a live chicken. While sitting in Cleveland traffic, coach AbolishtheFed decided to give it a try. The success of the tactic was amazing.

USC moved the ball well through the air most of the game. But, Georgia's defense kept coming up with turnovers, including picking up 2 BS fumbles while USC was driving. Overall, USC had 6 turnovers in the game. After building a 10 point 1st quarter lead, Georgia stuck to a conservative gameplan, taking shots when the situation warranted. Overall, it was an exciting game for the fans.

Hova, I don't know why there are so many fumbles in my games. These types of things happen in my games all the time in '11.The EA servers see my gamertag and automatically set fumbles to the highest setting. This time I was lucky and came out on the positive end.

Also, there are 10 SEC teams bowl eligible this year. SEC-SEC-SEC.

15. Hova

Hahaha nice write up. Ya that is pry the first time I have fumbled in a user game on NCAA 11, but hey it happens. I was amazed on that 3rd down by King. He blew threw both of them tackles, I thought for sure I had him haha

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Wow I was nervous about that Georgia game before, now I'm freaking terrified. Hopefully I can pull off one more win and secure my championship berth.

17. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Plus, you get to come to Athens and play between the hedges. My band plays "Hang on Sloopy" between the 3rd and 4th quarters for home games, but you don't get to hear it on your end. If you turn on your mic I'll try to turn the tv up.

18. Hova

LOL nice

19. Hova

Gable was playing with Broken Ribs, maybe that explains some of it....