Legacy Week 14 2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy Week 14 2010

We are now into week 14. Big shake up in the polls and in coaching land. We have lost 2 solid members to time constraint. It will be hard replacing these guys but I will do my best to bring in good guys. I already have one who will be a great fit and am pursuing another. Hopefully Tmac and Reech will rejoin us down the road. Onto the Next week. 3 big user games this week so lets get those scheduled asap.

Games of the Week:

#12 Auburn (DJ391) @ #13 FSU (Ceewo)

#1 Penn St (Bravejaf) @ #9 UGA (AbolishtheFed)

Michigan (Big Suge Knight) @ #19 VA Tech (Pipehitter531)

The biggest of the 3 games looks to be PSU @ UGA as UGA has been reeling off the upsets and is looking or the ultimate one now as he faces the number 1 team in the land. Should be a great battle.

*NO Week 14 story uploaded yet, weird"

Next ADV will be no later than FRIDAY at 8PM EST.

2. Hova

[​IMG]

#5 USC 35
    UCLA 10

"USC gets back on the winning track knocking off UCLA in the annual Rivalry game 35-10. USC takes the pac-10 crown and now awaits the BCS for the next opponent but will most likely be staying near home for the rose bowl. QB Barkley had a great game finding WR Johnson 7 times for 117 yards. HB Gable was the player of the game however, coming back from a rib injury and running for 130 yards and 4 TDs. USC looks to be getting healthier and is primed to in a BCS bowl this season."

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Oregon- 38
    Oregon St- 28

The Ducks finish their season strong with a win over in state rival Oregon St. Despite James still sidelined due to injury the Ducks backfield rushed for 286yds and Costa is proving that he can get it done in the air with 274yds 2 TD. Oregon finishes 10-2 and awaits their bowl game and should be at full strength.

4. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#1 Penn State 10
    #9 Georgia 7

This game was a defensive slugfest with a few big plays sprinkled in. Georgia received the opening kickoff and Jr HB Caleb King ripped off a 75 yard TD on the second play from scrimmage. The Georgia defense stuffed Penn State on a goal line 4th down play on the Nittany Lions' first possession. UGA was driving down the field again, until Fr QB Aaron Murray overthrew a wide open receiver by 10 yards, which resulted in an INT. Penn State would drive down the field and tie the game up on a big TD pass on a blown coverage. In the second quarter, Georgia missed a 48-yard FG wide right. PSU ended the half by converting on a FG to go up 10-7. Neither offense did much in the second half, until Georgia got the ball back on their own 15 yard line with a little over a minute left. Georgia drove the ball to the PSU 28 yard line on the right hash with 3 seconds left. PSU called timeout to freeze the kicker. The kick had plenty of distance, but missed wide right again.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah it was a hell of a game. The defenses on both side were very stout.

I will do my writeup tomorrow night.

6. Hova

Wow 10-7, sounds like a hell of a game!

Congrats Brave, Looks like you got a date with the HORNED FROGS

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State came into this game needing a final victory to secure a National Championship berth. Georgia, fresh off defeat of #2 USC, was determined to ensure that did not happen. Which side would prevail?

Georgia came out of the gate fast. After Penn State's CB dropped a sure interception on the Bulldog's first play from scrimmage, Caleb King broke lose for a 76 yard TD on the second play. Penn State's defense got an earful from the defensive coordinator after that play and the lecture was a success. On the ensuing series Penn State would march the ball inside the 10 yard line but they lost possession after a failed 4th down attempt. After the game coach Brave spoke about that play.

"It was a bad call on my end. I should have taken the three points instead of getting greedy."

Would that missed opportunity hurt the Nittany Lions? After a lengthy drive the Bulldogs were once again in scoring range. Luckily for PSU fans Aaron Murray badly overthrew a wide open receiver and the pass was interception by D Anton Lynn. The Nittany Lions offense would get the ball back and this time they got some points. Quarterback Kevin Newsome caught Georgia in a blitz package and hit a wide open Curtis Drake for a 37 yard TD pass. The Nittany Lions would add a field goal before half to go up 10-7. Georgia had a chance to answer but they ran out of time before the half ended.

The second half was all about defense. Neither side did much on the offensive side and the teams continued to trade punts. The game would come down to Georgia's final possession. The Bulldogs drove down the field on Penn State and got within field goal range with 5 seconds to go in the game. Coach Brave elected to call a timeout to freeze kicker Blair Walsh. Walsh missed a field goal early in this game and the timeout did enough to ensure he missed this one. With that missed kick Penn State escapes with a 10-7 victory.

The Nittany Lions appear headed to the National Championship game and their likely opponent is the Horned Frogs of TCU. Penn State and TCU are the last remaining undefeated schools at the FBS level, with TCU needing a win over New Mexico to secure its spot.

Offensive Player of the Game: Evan Royster 19 carries 98 yards

Defensive Player of the Game: D Anton Lynn 2 tackles 1 interception

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Georgia 7 0 0 0 7
    Penn State 0 10 0 0 10

Scoring Summary
    First Quarter
    06:42 TD Georgia Caleb King HB #4 76 yard rush
    Second Quarter
    06:54 TD Penn State Curtis Drake WR #7 37 yard pass from Kevin Newsome QB #12
    00:36 FG Penn State Collin Wagner K #36 37 yard field goal

(No highlights or Dynasty Wire for me on this game. I got booted off Live while saving highlights and had to reboot to Dashboard)

8. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Auburn 21
    FSU 31

Both teams came out of the gate fast, each scoring 14 points in the opening quarter. Auburn freshman HB Michael Dwyer showed the FSU faithful that he was the real deal, rushing for over 100 yards and 2 TD's in the first quarter alone. The Seminole D would contain Dwyer the rest of the game, allowing to only 30 addtional yards over the last 3 quarters.

FSU HB Jermaine Thomas matched Dwyers TD total by rushing for 2 50+ yard TD's in the 2nd quarter. Auburn QB Cameron Newton did not do his team any favors by throwing 3 picks on the day. One was returned for a TD by FSU DT Jacobbi McDaniel.

FSU now awaits Virginia Tech in the ACC Championship game.

9. Hova

Should be a Big ACC game, and the winner gets me in conference challenge next year (y)

10. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Nice, Id like to have a shot to avenge my 3 OT loss to you in our last matchup.