Legacy Week 2 2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy Week 2 2010

We are now into Week 2. We gave 3 user games this week. Get those all scheduled. Be sure to post summaries this week as well. We have some conference challenge games this week.

Games of the Week:

Red = Conference Challenge Match up

#12 USC (HovatheGodMC) @ #5 Va Tech (Pipehitter531)

#6 Florida (CWHarris1) @ #4 Oregon (Hokie Effect)

#14 Miami (Maslerboros16) @ #2 Ohio St (Tmac6412)

Huge early season matchup in Oregon between 2 top 5 Ranked teams. The winner will be the clear cut leader for the BCS after Week 2. Miami also comes to OSU this week to take a shot at knocking off the number 2 team in the nation. Lastly, USC heads east for what looks to be a great matchup of top 15 Ranked teams. Expect the ranking to shake up after this week!

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #25 Auburn Tigers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Auburn won 38-10 against Michigan State (0-1).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Starkville to face the Mississippi State Bulldogs (1-0).

=============== #6 Florida Gators (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 27-6 against Miami University (0-1).
    This week, the Gators travel to Eugene to face the #4 Oregon Ducks (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Randy Bryant has committed to Florida
    - (*****) SS Dan Davis has committed to Florida
    - (****) WR Josh Joseph has committed to LSU

=============== #20 Florida State Seminoles (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 28-0 against Florida Atlantic (0-1).
    This week, the Seminoles are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Myron Strong has committed to Oregon
    - (*****) QB Scott Jones has committed to Florida State

=============== #24 Georgia Bulldogs (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 49-7 against UL Lafayette (0-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Columbia to face the South Carolina Gamecocks (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FB Tracy Barrett has committed to Louisiana Tech
    - (****) LE Anthony May has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #14 Miami Hurricanes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 31-10 against Central Michigan (0-1).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Columbus to face the #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Will Smith has committed to Texas A&M

=============== Michigan Wolverines (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 32-14 against Connecticut (1-0).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to South Bend to face the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LG Aaron Black has committed to Ohio State

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 45-0 against Marshall (0-1).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host #14 Miami (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Adam Thomas has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) LG Aaron Black has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) RG Kenard Estes has committed to Penn State

=============== #4 Oregon Ducks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 49-0 against New Mexico (0-1).
    This week, the Ducks will host #6 Florida (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Quinn Hill has committed to Nebraska
    - (***) DT Thomas Latimer has committed to Oregon
    - (***) C Buster Rivera has committed to Oregon

=============== #18 Penn State Nittany Lions (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 31-10 against Western Michigan (0-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Tuscaloosa to face the #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RG Kenard Estes has committed to Penn State

=============== UCLA Bruins (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 12-7 against Kansas State (0-1).
    This week, the Bruins will host Stanford (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Xavier Morton has committed to Oregon State

=============== #12 USC Trojans (1-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 31-15 against Hawai'i (0-1).
    This week, the Trojans travel to Blacksburg to face the #5 Virginia Tech Hokies (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #5 Virginia Tech Hokies (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 42-10 against Boise State (0-1).
    This week, the Hokies will host #12 USC (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Richard Cooley has committed to Virginia Tech

Next ADV will be no later than SATURDAY at 10 AM EST. Good Luck.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

With week 1 completed, look forward to recruiting article later tonight. I'll probably play my game tonight and then do the first in a series of write-ups following recruiting.

3. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

Hova, that's awesome. Great write up and great game today. I counted 6 dropped INT's between us, how about you?

4. Hova

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"USC headed out east for what was expected to be a battle and was. HB CJ Gable was the surprise performer for USC going for 155 yards on 15 carries and 2 TDs. Gable's performance is what won the game for the Trojans. QB Barkley had a disappointing day missing on a lot of passes and throwing 2 INTS. The run defense played great as well keeping the strong VA Tech backfield in check most of the day. The key play happened late in the 4th as HB Gable took a run 62 yards for a score seen above in the highlights. USC finally heads back to the Grand Ole Lady for the Home Opener agaisnt the Fighting Irish."

5. Hova

Ya I noticed them too, yours even more lol Either Barkley sucks Or I was just not seeing your defenders in the rain haha

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Stanford - 21
    UCLA - 17

We need more than 6 minute quarters. I had the ball about 1/4 of the time in this game. I think I ran about 35 plays total. Still almost pulled out the win but just couldnt do it. If I had another minute, maybe ;)

7. Hova

I'll consider adding another minute. I know Brave wanted too. Anyone else got an opinion on this?

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

I think it would be a good idea. CPU games are too fast and the 4th quarter seemed to fly by in my game vs tmac. (Plus I could have used an extra minute haha)

9. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

I'd be in favor of another minute as well.

OSU - 24
    Miami - 21

This game was ugly and probably set football back 15 years. I'll have my full recap up later. GG Masler.

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I like the seven minute quarters idea unless I lose a game late in the fourth quarter.

11. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I could go for 7 minute quarters. Also is it me or do all of the QB completion percentages seem to be way down?

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I am still in favor of 7. For this game I appreciated the short game, since I jumped out to an early lead and I didn't want to face Bama's offense again :).

I have to give props to Kevin Newsome for going into a hostile environment and playing like he did in this game. Royster was mostly useless for the first 3 quarters thanks to poor blocking and a tough Bama front 7. Thankfully Newsome stepped up, including a couple HUGE third down conversions. His biggest play was a 64 yard TD pass to WR Brown on a third and long play. That gave Penn State a 2 score lead and the defense managed to make the lead stick. Alabama had 2 impressive drives but struggled for the rest of this game. They also turned it over twice, while Penn State avoided turning it over.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Penn State 0 10 7 3 20
    Alabama 7 0 0 7 14

I'll update my team thread and dynasty wire page at some point tonight or tomorrow. Pics and videos should already be on dynasty wire.

13. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Recruiting Question - Didn't I read somewhere that promises to recruits aren't allowed, or can we do that? I have never done it before, because I thought we couldn't, but I didn't see anything about it in the rules.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

It is for me across the board in all my OD's. In the Trifecta, I went 6/20 I believe. Every read I went to seemed covered. I think there is a learning curve we all have to go through with the new version. Some of us, like myself, the curve is a little longer!

15. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#24 UGA 7
    South Carolina 28

Georgia caused a fumble and recovered it in the end zone in the first quarter to take a 7-0 lead. The defense played well for most of the first 3 quarters, until they finally wore down. On offense, Georgia was abused. UGA ran 30 plays for a total of 40 yards. RS Fr QB Aaron Murray was 6-22 for a whopping 45 yards and an INT. Highest rated player and preseason all user team member AJ Green had 2 drops in this game and only has 2 catches on the season. The offensive line spent most of their time getting butt slammed.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm getting better at passing but it took a lot of practice. I have been playing an offlinee dynasty with your UCLA Bruins. Slowly but surely I'm becoming pretty good at passing with Prince. In Legacy I sucked in my first game passing, 101 yards, but I passed pretty well against Alabama, 250 yards. The timing is a bit different this season compared to last.

17. Hova

Promised are allowed Harris, for now.

And yes It is much harder to pass in NCAA 11. You miss alot of passes which is nice. Last year It seems like no matter what QB I had I was peyton manning. This year Barkley is just an average QB and he plays like one, he misses his target sometimes as he should, especially when he is rushed.

Look's like we will move to 7 mins next week and atleast Bama tested Brave. It's nice to see the best CPU in the game is not getting blown out, yet.

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

Penn State tested me with Bama lol

19. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Another 4 minutes to crush the cpu.....k

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

Wait til you play a real team

21. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I was glad to escape with the win. I was not confident in my defense holding a 6 point lead. If not for a 14 yard 3rd down scramble by Newsome I may have lost this game. That first down allowed me to run out their timouts and the game clock. Royster was in beast mode for 4th quarter. He was unstoppable on that last drive.

22. Hova

Seems like the User RBs are too good, I am defiantly seeing this in the Eleague (we have very similar sliders). I will need more games to make a complete conclusion on this. The good backs should be but not the average ones.

as for the CPU the biggest problem is defiantly turnovers. They turn it over to much, not sure how to combat that.

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Well Royster (who is a good HB) looked very mediocre for the first 3 quarters against Alabama. He might have gained 10 yards before the fourth quarter and most of his rushes were for a loss.

24. Hova

Ya I saw his stats, about an average day agaisnt the best Defense in the league.

Hey Suge you getting your game into tonight? I will pry advance tomorrow morning around 10 am unless everyone is finished by 9 PM EST tonight

25. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Ya real team day i lose on AA is when i stop buyin ncaa