Legacy Week 2 2011

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy Week 2 2011

We are now into week 2. FOUR user games so get those scheduled asap.

Games of the Week:

#1 Penn St (Bravejaf) @ #6 Oregon (Hokie effect)

#7 Georgia (Abolishthefed) @ #10 Iowa (JCspartan2)

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #3 Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 52-7 against Notre Dame (0-1).
    This week, the Crimson Tide are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Joe Parker has committed to Alabama
    - (****) SS Jack Griffin has committed to Alabama
    - (****) HB Nick Cole has committed to Georgia

=============== #13 Auburn Tigers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Auburn won 40-10 against Texas (0-1).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Ann Arbor to face the Michigan Wolverines (1-0).

=============== #16 Florida State Seminoles (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida State lost 24-7 against USC (1-0).
    This week, the Seminoles will host Virginia (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Matt Williamson has committed to Texas A&M
    - (****) QB Reggie Leonard has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (****) MLB Jeremy Lowe has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #7 Georgia Bulldogs (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 35-7 against Georgia Tech (0-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Iowa City to face the #10 Iowa Hawkeyes (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Nick Cole has committed to Georgia
    - (****) QB Zach Brown has committed to Georgia
    - (****) FS Tommy Hagen has committed to Nebraska
    - (****) CB Tim Davis has committed to Missouri
    - (****) WR Dennis Parker has committed to TCU

=============== #10 Iowa Hawkeyes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 44-38 against BYU (0-1).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host #7 Georgia (1-0).

=============== #14 Miami Hurricanes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 42-14 against Navy (0-1).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Los Angeles to face the #4 USC Trojans (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Jack Griffin has committed to Alabama
    - (****) RE Michael Kelly has committed to Arizona State

=============== Michigan Wolverines (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 55-7 against Eastern Michigan (0-1).
    This week, the Wolverines will host #13 Auburn (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Jason Evans has committed to Florida
    - (****) MLB Will Holley has committed to LSU
    - (****) FS Tommy Hagen has committed to Nebraska

=============== #6 Oregon Ducks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 35-28 against Fresno State (0-1).
    This week, the Ducks will host #1 Penn State (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT Billy Fogle has committed to Washington

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 41-13 against TCU (0-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Eugene to face the #6 Oregon Ducks (1-0).

=============== UCLA Bruins (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 38-17 against Houston (0-1).
    This week, the Bruins are idle.

=============== #4 USC Trojans (1-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 24-7 against Florida State (0-1).
    This week, the Trojans will host #14 Miami (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Jeremy Lowe has committed to Texas A&M

=============== Virginia Tech Hokies (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 44-21 against Michigan State (0-1).
    This week, the Hokies travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Chris Ryan has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (****) WR Joe Carr has committed to Cincinnati
    - (****) QB Reggie Leonard has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (****) TE Joe Parker has committed to Alabama

Next ADV no later than SUNDAY at 8 PM EST.

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Oregon- 38
    Penn State- 7

The defending BCS champs got stuck in the mud in a raining showdown at Oregon. The Nittany Lions could not establish their offense being held to 172yds, 1/9 3rd down, and committing 3 turnovers. Oregon made a statement early that they were not afraid of the #1 team in the land with a 78yd TD run by James on their first play from scrimmage. Oregon had the field advantage the entire game and protected the ball with a balanced attack. The Ducks played it safe and capitalized on Penn State's careless mistakes.

3. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

#7 Georgia 26
    #10 Iowa 8

The Bulldogs rolled into Kinnick and put on a display of SEC speed. On offense, the Bulldogs ran a balanced attack. On defense, Georgia's line was in the backfield early and often and the defensive backs did not give up any huge plays and took advantage of some errant throws by Iowa's QB.

4. Hova

Nice job getting these in so fast guys

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Had to get this in before I left for the weekend, thanks for being available Abolishthefed.

GG too, very well played. I have never been so frustrated on offense against a user in '11. Granted, Iowa's offense horrible (I didn't realize they were losing 25 seniors, most from the offense, after the first year haha), but I had no time to throw, and when I did, Vandenburg's Tebow-like windup had me getting the ball to the receiver late or you getting to me before I could get rid of it. Playing with him vs playing with Cousins of MSU in the Experience league is a big difference. I was very impressed with your DBs, my Wrs aren't bad, they are just slow possession receivers, and they really struggled to get open against you, at least in the 2 seconds I had to throw the ball haha. I was able to get a running game going somewhat with Wehger, but if I got in a 2nd and long or 3rd and long situation I was done for against your D.

Well played sir, hopefully I can get some speed in here and give you a run next year in Athens.

6. Hova

Ya that Georgia defense is not fun to play agaisnt

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I learned a lot from the end of that first half. Not just the fumble, which was completely boneheaded, but from my overall play. I can't even blame Newsome for the interceptions, it was my bad decisions at end of first half that forced my play style change.

8. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Virginia 12
    Florida State 24

The Seminoles were beat down by USC in week 1. Week 2 saw rival Virginia invade Tallahassee. We had many questions as the Seminoles showed nothing on offense. EJ Manuel showed enough this week to give the Seminole faithful a little hope that he could lead FSU to a few wins this year. Manuel went 9/14 through the air with a TD and also added a rushing TD. Brendan Marks has a nice day, getting solid playing time in the 4th quarter after FSU had built a 21-6 lead. Marks would score his first FSU TD on a 4 yard rush. He also added 98 total yards. The D was solid against the run, allowing the Cavaliers an average of only 2.65 yards a rush. The passing game does seem suspect. Matt Barkley lit us up for over 300 yards, and Virginia's Ross Metheny threw for over 300 as well. This needs to get corrected and fast.

Next Week we travel to Boston College for an always crucial ACC matchup.

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Auburn @ Michigan

The Auburn Tigers traveled north to take on the Michigan Wolverines in the Big House. Michigan came out of the pouring rain victorious by a score of 20 to 7. QB Tate Forcier had two early picks on misreads and only managed 96 total yards but his backfield mates Michael Shaw and Vincent Smith picked up the slack running for combined 183 yards on 16 carries. Smith answered a Michael Dyer TD run, which came after Forcier's first turnover, with a 69 yard burst up the middle. Defensively the Wolverines made eleven TFLs on the evening lead by Mike Martin's three and Ryan Van Bergen and William Campbell's two apiece. the defensive front eventually knocked Auburn QB Cam Newton from the game in fourth quarter. The turning point of the game came on Kevin Leach's 99 yard pick six late in the game as Auburn looked to be concluding a 16 play drive that ate up over 5 minutes of game clock. Next up for Michigan is a trip out to the west coast to play UCLA.

10. Hova

Big Suge with the Big win, GET SOME!!!

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    My defense played well especially the line. DJ played a good game I was able to score on that pick six and that was the difference.

12. Hova

#4 USC 27
    #14 Miami 10

USC gets the win over the Canes by playing solid defense and using the legs of Freshman HB Dillon Baxter who ran for 233 yards and 2 TDs on 21 Attempts. QB Barkley only passed 10 times the whole game. USC moves to 2-0 and host the Notre Dame Fighting Irish next week in USC. GG Masler

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

It was a boring game also. Not a good game (only because I didn't put up a fight). If you win the champ game I quit ;)....GG