Legacy Week 3 2011

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Legacy Week 3 2011

We are now into week 3. Two user games this week so get the threads up. Everyone should have both threads up by now for summaries.

Games of the Week:

#2 Alabama (Cnic75) @ #8 Penn St (BraveJaf)

Michigan (Big Suge Knight) @ UCLA (Faceplant City)

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #2 Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Crimson Tide were idle.
    This week, the Crimson Tide travel to University Park to face the #8 Penn State Nittany Lions (1-1).

=============== #23 Auburn Tigers (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Auburn lost 20-7 against Michigan (2-0).
    This week, the Tigers will host Mississippi State (2-0).

=============== #13 Florida State Seminoles (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 24-12 against Virginia (0-1).
    This week, the Seminoles travel to Chestnut Hill to face the Boston College Eagles (2-0).

=============== #5 Georgia Bulldogs (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 26-8 against Iowa (1-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs will host South Carolina (2-0).

=============== #12 Iowa Hawkeyes (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 26-8 against Georgia (2-0).
    This week, the Hawkeyes are idle.

=============== #18 Miami Hurricanes (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Miami lost 27-10 against USC (2-0).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to College Park to face the Maryland Terrapins (1-1).

=============== Michigan Wolverines (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 20-7 against Auburn (1-1).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Pasadena to face the UCLA Bruins (1-0).

=============== #4 Oregon Ducks (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 38-7 against Penn State (1-1).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Pullman to face the Washington State Cougars (1-0).

=============== #8 Penn State Nittany Lions (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Penn State lost 38-7 against Oregon (2-0).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host #2 Alabama (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Aaron White has committed to Penn State

=============== UCLA Bruins (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Bruins were idle.
    This week, the Bruins will host Michigan (2-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Quincy Hall has committed to UCLA

=============== #3 USC Trojans (2-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 27-10 against Miami (1-1).
    This week, the Trojans will host Notre Dame (1-1).

=============== Virginia Tech Hokies (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 42-7 against Duke (1-1).
    This week, the Hokies travel to Atlanta to face the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (0-2).

Next ADV no later than WED at 5 PM EST.

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Faceplant when is good for you? I can play tonight through tuesday and after 930 wednesday

3. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

I don't think I'll be able to do tonight as we have some family hanging out...But I should be good for either Monday or Tuesday. Wanna go Monday mornin'?

4. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

BC 17
    FSU 20

Last years game was won and lost by the kickers. Boston College kicker Freese missed 3 FG's while FSU kicker Dustin Hopkins made 3 FG's, including the game winner in overtime. This year things would play out very similar.

The Florida State offense started out sputtering. On our first 3 possessions we had an INT, lost fumble, and a 3 and out. BC would turn their first 3 possessions into 10 points. It would have been more, but Freese would miss a FG.

It would take an injury to starting HB Jermaine Thomas to get the Seminole offense moving. Freshman Brennan Marks filled in for Thomas for one series. Marks cantributed 5 rushes for 27 yards and a couple cathes. The drive ended on a 2yd TD pass from Manuel to Bert Reed. Late in the quarter we were driving hoping to take the lead before half when TE Beau Reliford fumbled the ball away in Boston College territory. 10-7 at the half.

Heading into the fourth quarter BC had a 17-10 lead. Jermaine Thomas would provide a much needed spark early in the quarter. He took a pitch and outran everyone for a 49 yard TD run to tie the game. BC would get the ball back and play ball controll offense. they ran 4 minutes off of the clock before settling on another Freese FG attempt. Once again he would miss. This gave FSU their chance. They relied on Thomas to get them into FG range. Dustin Hopkins showed Freese how its done for the 2nd year in a row and hit the 37 yard FG as time expired. I am sure the BC fans cannot wait for Freese to gradaute, it may be all it takes to finally beat the Seminoles.

FSU has a bye week. We need to continue to get EJ Manuel rolling. He has played solid at times, but I did not realize how much Christian Ponder would be missed.

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'd have to start play by 9am. I can go anytime after 5pm though.

6. FacePlant City

Alright, I'll see what I can do. I think I will be going out for dinner around that time but I may be able to get on after that.

If not, I would be perfectly fine with rolling at 9 AM the following morning if you are. (Tis an annoying week for me: Packing for college/meeting with family before I leave/Random annoyances) So the morn would be good for me (which it isn't usually).

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    wife's appointment was cancelled so i'm going to hop on now.

8. FacePlant City

How long do you have?

9. Hova

Next time use the Game Scheduling forum for this guys

10. FacePlant City

Figured. Sorry.

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
  12. Hova

Looks like it was a tight one. That Koger play was sick

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami 37

Maryland 31

This game was a tight one as the Terps tried their hardest to upset Miami, but the Canes wouldn't have it. Both offemses seemed to move the ball at will and a last minute FG and a nice squib kick would seal the deal for the Canes. Collier returned a kick 105yds just before halftime to give Miami a 1 point lead. This kick broke Butlers (USC) kick of 95yds.

Canes play Boston College next.

14. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Auburn- 35
    Miss. St- 3

The defense actually decided to show up for this one and stuffed the bulldogs all day. Dyer again had a solid day running the ball 36 times for 181 yards and 3tds. Newton was way better than last week going 14-21 252 yards 2tds and 1 horrible pick. But again the defense stepped up bending all day but never breaking.

Coach DJ after the game: "This is what i expected from both my offense and my defense last week in the Big House, but they can never exactly be on the same page every week on a consistent basis. One day the offense is red hot and the defense is just non existant like the Bama game. Or the offense is M.I.A and the defense is stepping up like in the Michigan game. So we have to find a common balance here, as everyone knows as Dyer goes so goes the offense. We need to find a threat downfield to stretch it on a consistant basis even if it means switching QB's. Not saying we will anytime soon, but it could happen no job is safe on this offense besides the RB obviously since we have one."

15. Hova

Georgia and VaTech, are you playing this week? I'd like to advance Tomorrow morning if possible.

16. FacePlant City

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    UCLA 7 0 7 7 21
    Mich 0 3 7 9 19

After a magnificent win against Heisman candidate HB Dyer and the Auburn Tigers, the Wolverines went on the road to UCLA to see if they could keep their momentum going.

However, momentum would be halted by the intense play of the UCLA defense.

The game stayed close the entire game as the UCLA offense played with a very strict ground game and tried to manage the game. However, when passing was needed the most UCLA QB Kevin Prince delivered going 11-18, 167 yards for a TD and an interception. The game was more focused, however, on the running of Senior HB Derrick Coleman going 96 yards and 2 TDs of 19 carries.

While the rushing of the Wolverine offense was non-existant, the passing was on target due to the play of QB Tate Forcier and a HUGE play that kept Michigan in the game with a run by TE K. Koger all the way down the sideline right after half.

UCLA held on to a tight lead throughout the entire game and was finally threatened when Michigan scored and only needed a 2-point conversion to tie the game late in the 4th. However, the 2-point conversion would fail in part due to the pressure brought on by the UCLA D-line that was seen all game (4 sacks total).

The onside kick by the Wolverines was flagged for catching the ball too early, and UCLA attempted to run out the clock but failed in doing so entirely and ended up punting. With only around 40-50 seconds left, the Wolverine offense had to go down the entire field and get a FG for the win but were halted by an interception by the tough UCLA defense who ran it back to the 1-yard line and fell to the ground to seal the victory for the UCLA Bruins.

Coach FacePlant City had this to say:

"Very close game. I think we could've been further ahead without some dumb play calls on offense and defense by myself and the coaching staff. However, we still pulled out the victory against a very stacked Michigan team. HB Coleman really kept putting us in great position and if he couldn't finish QB Prince would do it for him through the air. If either of them could finish, the defense stepped up ALL GAME. This was a huge win for our team going forward and I give all of the credit in the world to Coach Big Suge for a great game!"

Probably the best game I'll have all season. Thanks Suge.

17. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I should be done by 9 PM tonight.

18. Hova

I just remembered Va Tech is on vacation. He may be on tonight. I will advance when I wake up tomorrow morning if I have time.

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Hova, I talked to Cnic and he said to sim the game. I offered to go on auto-pilot because it was my fault but Cnic said to just sim it. The proposed time was a bit too late for me since I have a long day at work tomorrow and it starts earlier than I remembered.

20. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

I understand late nights and long days of work after. I think simming is the fair way to go. This game would have been a good user v. user game. Maybe we can get scheduled again for next season? I would not feel right playing against the CPU. This way the outcome of the game will not be dictated by a human.

21. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

South Carolina 17
    #5 Georgia 34

Georgia gets some revenge on South Carolina in Athens after last year's defeat. Georgia's offense was balanced, gaining 159 yards rushing and 226 yards passing. On defense, the Bulldogs were stout, but gave up a couple long passes where balls went through defenders.

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah if I wasn't out of town till today or wasn't working early tomorrow I'd be down. Problem with starting a game at 11 PM (since I'm on EST) is the game wouldn't finish till after midnight. I also have problems going right to sleep after playing so I'd likely be up till 1 or later.

I'd be down for trying again next season.

23. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Sportsmanship at its finest.

24. Hova

Alright sounds good guys, I can get you on the schedules next season.