Legendary Veterans - Looking to Add 3 Members for '12

Discussion in 'League Openings' started by IrishBearcat, Jun 24, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Hey fellas,

LV has decided to expand to a full dozen for our '12 OD. We currently have 9 members and we just voted that we will be using Coaching Carousel (close vote, CC won 5-4). LV is one of the top non-premier leagues. It's known for it's quick pace, quality members, and sim style play. The competition is fierce and the activity is solid. This is no ordinary premier league as a 3rd/4th/5th league for members. Almost every member has this league as their top league, and at least everyone has it as their top 2.

We'll be doing a CC league with a unique format. We will have a "minor/major" league system in terms of conferences/coaching contracts. We will vote on an initial starter league (minor league) and all 12 will reside in this conference to start out. We will then vote on 2 "major league" conferences. These will be the only 2 conferences we will be allowed to take job offers from. A max of 6 users can be in any "major conference" at a time. The goal is for all of us to jump up from the minor league and have a 6/6 split into the 2 "major league" conferences.

I'm really excited for the league this year. With the ability to edit bowl ties, rivalries, and many other features the battles on the field should be as fierce as ever. This is a competitive league with many user games. We have a 48 hour advance max, and most play their games daily (we average 24 hour advances).

Please post if interested. We will be selecting our new 3 by next Friday. A little background on yourself and why you think you'd be a good fit for our league will help you when being considered.

Our forum: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/forums/tf-legendary-veterans.123/

2. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I am interested. I am currently in the premier league Hard4Yards which I believe you are joining. I prefer leagues where you have to build or work your way up so this setup is especially interesting to me and I think the carousel use would be fun. H4Y is the only other dynasty I'm in and I would plan to limit it to just these 2. I'm 19, but have been an active member of H4Y for a couple years now. I currently intern for scout.com and take IRL college football very seriously and I'm a diehard Fresno State fan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IrishBearcat

Would you be able to handle a 1 game per day most days, sometimes 2 days IF ONLY there is a scheduling conflict for a user game. We usually lax the pace by a day or so around the start of school/CFB season, christmas, and spring break. Other than that we're a pretty quick group.

4. Steamer43

Ya during the summer it should be no problem. Also should be no problem for CPU games. Only issue would be a scheduling conflict for a user game once school and CFB season start up.

5. IrishBearcat

Well with you being the first and only to post, you're the frontrunner! :)

It's looking like we're going to be all 12 (9 + 3 new guys) start in Conference USA with the ability to leave for jobs only in the ACC and SEC. Excited to get this thing going!

6. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

im interested in this league

7. IrishBearcat

We're xbox as well. Could you elaborate on who you are and why you think you'd be a good fit?

8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

The Natural
    Is a good coach, and was interested in joining us.

9. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Hey guys. I would love to become a part of your league. This is my first year on this site but I already love it. I am all about being an active member of a community that loves college football and college football gaming as much as myself. I feel that I can contribute many things to your league, first I am a pretty good player but I play the way the game is supposed to be played. I believe you guys call it being a good "sim" player. (Forgive me I’m still learning) Anyway I have always been that way I have always resented my friends that would start a dynasty just to win the the National Championship every year, have there QB win the Heisman every year with 10 million passing yard, things like that. It just seemed to take the "realness" out of the game. So I have always taken pride in making my dynasty’s as true to life as possible. That is why I was so excited to find this site and other people that feel the same as I do. The only issue that I have right now is that I am in the Marines and I’m currently deployed to Afghanistan. I wont be home until early to mid August but I am hoping that I can still be given a shot, I don’t care if my team has to be on autopilot until I get home I just really want to be a part of a great league, like this, that builds a program from the ground up. If your worried about me not being available much because I’m in the military it shouldn't be that big an issue. Sure there will be a few weekends and such that I will be out of town, but so does everyone and this is my last combat deployment for at least three years, meaning I should be stateside for all that time. Anyway I thank you for your consideration and hopefully I can become a part of your league.
    Thanks,
    Ryan

PS. Here is my member application: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-coacher.56634/#post-601504

10. IrishBearcat

The Natural

If this is true please reply to this thread.

11. Steamer43

haha well thank you! Are you going to be using the actual 12 in the CUSA or custom conference in 12 mid-majors?

12. IrishBearcat

We're more traditional, we don't like to use Custom Conference, at least to start out. We'll be using the actual conferences as they are to be in real life.

13. Illest

Illest Walk On

I would like to be apart of this conference. I like the fact that everyone will start out in the same conference. I want to play more human players as opposed to the cpu. I work the afternoon shift and wouldn't be home until about 11pm eastern time most nights. Would this work in your league?

14. LSUTRUTH

im am super active as i am in college with very few class's left to take. I can play a game nearly anytime that is needed. I like UCF out of that conference. I am very easy to get ahold of and would enjoy playing in a fast paced lg. where i could build the program into something great then leave to go to LSU. LOL.

15. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Sounds like a really well run league, I would love to join.

16. IrishBearcat

Are you available to play most games daily, sometimes user v user games every other? The pace is usually what separates the men from the boys in our leagues.

Have you played in any other leagues on this site? Sim Football is usually something that takes some getting used to if you are new here.

I think the bigger problem is the fact you're a Sparty fan :p

It could be a problem if it's EVERY night. What's your weekly schedule like?

17. LSUTRUTH

i have not played on this site here. however i am an active member of soden bowl and a few other lg sites that are sim lgs

18. IrishBearcat

19. Illest

Illest Walk On

I work 2-10pm with rotating days off in my work field. I used to be in another dynasty with friends, and we just planned ahead. I understand if this won't work for you guys. Let me know!

20. IrishBearcat

You'll definitely be considered. I'll let you know as soon as decisions are finalized.

21. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

22. IrishBearcat

Are you currently or have you been in any TSO OD Leagues? Do you have any commish/respected members as references?

23. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

I am currently in the Night Owls dynasty ran by recchem2000, you can ask him any questions you have

24. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Hey guys just wanted to let you know I will not be around the computer for a couple weeks...Im heading back out to hunt more Taliban. But I will be back in a few weeks. Thanks again for the consideration.

25. LSUTRUTH

when we gunna find out if we can play. or get the shot to play.