Let me just throw this out here.

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by JOEDESIGNS, Oct 11, 2009.

1. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Let me just throw this out here.

I despise Bobby Bowden, I mean it, I'm so sick of that senile, overpaid Coach if that's what he calls himself say the same shit every week. Just one play away, EARTH TO BOBBY...we suck and everyone knows it but you. We win 2 more this season...maybe. I can't wait until Jimbo cleans house. Especially when he kicks "tits" out. So, enjoy these last 6. Don't let the door hit ya ass on the way out.

AMP's Predicted record 4-7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viVVk7OnZas

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

+ 1

Ready for Jimbo era and a new Defense staff to come in

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

that's cold

4. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

GO GATORS!

5. ELITE B MAN

ELITE B MAN Guest

This^^^^^^^^^

6. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Hasn't Jimbo been there long enough to be considered part of the problem?

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Dude you are no fsu fan if you have that much hate for the MAN THAT MADE YOU!!!! I am a Miami fan and have a lot of respect for that so called senile overpaid Coach. He put FSU on the map. If you think Jimbo is the answer you are sadly mistaken. I think it is time for Bobby to step down but to call him out like that just shows your age. STFU and respect your elders!

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I still don't understand why Jimbo Fisher is the answer to that mess. We're set at coach up in Columbus so I guess that's you guys problem....pretty sad though when a legend gets run out of town.

9. KnightNoles

I respect the man, but its time to put the Legend in the books. FSU wouldnt be anywhere without him, but FSU will be there when Bowden is gone. I dislike when people say Jimbo isnt the answer and isnt proven. Hell, I know FSU didnt have any history before Bowden but what had he really done at West Virginia or Samford? Let the guy prove himself if not he will stock the recruits because he has shown he can do that and then find someone else that can lead the team, aka Zook --> Meyer.

10. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I'm with mcyork. B. Bowden IS Florida State. Now I agree that coaches overstay their welcome based on past accomplishments all the time. But if there is ANYONE who deserves to call his own shot, it's Bowden.

And I would also disagree that Jimbo is the answer. At this stage in the game, I really don't think Bobby is much more than a figure head and recruiting tool. I can't imagine he still calls any plays or has too much input into the X's and O's. As a matter of fact, I'd wager that Jimbo is basically running the helm NOW while they are playing like crap.

11. KnightNoles

People it is NOT the offenses problem!! Jimbo offense hasnt put up less than 250 yards a game. The defense is rated 95 and below in about every category.

Problem is Leadership
    There isnt any leadership because Jimbo the HCIW doesnt have it because you have a Head Coach-Bowden, Executive Coach-Andrews, Executive Coach-Amato and then Jimbo. Once they get the deal set for Jimbo, he will clean house on defense and get someone in here that can teach the fundamentals and basics that they need. I dont care if they keep Bowden on or not as long as they give Jimbo the power!

12. BDSDIGITAL

I'm not saying he's not the answer, he may be what the hell do I know. All I'm saying is that if Bobby retired tomorrow that would be a hot, hot job that would draw a ton of interest. Why wouldn't you interview a number of coaches for that job including Jimbo? I can think of a handful that should warrant consideration that I would want to talk to.

13. KnightNoles

I still like Jimbo but would take an interview with Brian Kelly. No I dont want Chris Peterson here, who else you have in mind?

14. Blaza

Charlie Strong would be perfect in Tallahassee!

15. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Blaza.....Bobby Bowden=Queen of England
    He and JoPa deserve to go out on there own terms. Daddy it really pisses me off when I read that kind of crap from a supposed fan. You are saying you are a fan but you talk bad about the man that made you a fan. You can have your own opinion just like I have mine but to me we are talking about a legend. A man that has a statue in front of the field named after him. He deserves some kind of respect for the things that he has done. Jimbo is a problem in itself. You appoint a coach in waiting for one reason to help with recruiting. That way another coach cannot come into a recruits home and tell the recruit the FSU program is not stable you could go to Florida State to play for Bowden and he may quit in your sophomore year. Everything promised to that kid could be taken away. As Bobby has gotten older his grasp on the game has slipped so he has deferred a lot of the coaching duties to Chuck, Jimbo and Mickey(something you as a FSU fan already know). They have failed in the wins and loss column and it has looked bad on Bobby. He got rid of his son yet they have remained the same with Jimbo as OC. Jimbo had one great year as OC at LSU riding Sabens coattails and he had some unbelievable talent on the offensive side of the ball. If TK is smart he talks to Bobby has him resign and cleans house. Goes after some big name who can recruit god knows he's got the money and they must recruit the hell out of GA LA and TX again. Richt, Saben, Miles, Meyer, Brown and Shannon (looks like SO Fla is locked down)are making it a lot tougher on recruiting. A new face would lift the dark cloud over Doak. PS between FAMU and FSU you have some of the most beautiful women in the world in Tally. Also check out this photo from one of my boys on miami-hurricanes .com
    [​IMG]

16. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    I still dont see him leaving UF though

17. BDSDIGITAL

Strong would be great there, but he might not leave Florida. Brian Kelly would be good, how about Todd Graham from Tulsa, or Kyle Whittingham from Utah? Kevin Wilson from Oklahoma might be a good fit...there are a ton out there that I would at least want to talk to. Gary Patterson from TCU would be another.

18. Blaza

I dunno man, it's all about the right opportunity coming along. I can't imagine he'd want to be a D-Coordinator for his entire career. And FSU is a BIG TIME program. It doesn't get much better as far as a major program vacancy.

When I was in highschool I had a chance to meet him on a visit to South Carolina. Guy is an animal as far as knowledge and intensity. Not to mention he may provide some insight on how to attack that cross-state rival down in Gainesville.

19. KnightNoles

I do not want a Tulsa coach, see Kragthorpe at Ville. Go with Whittingham, Wilson or Patterson.

Really I like what Jimbo has done with the offense this year and if the defense could play average we probably sit at 4-2 or 5-1. Christian Ponder's stat line
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8 Column 9
    Name Comp Att Yards Comp % yards avg Td Int Rating
    Christian Ponder 147 217 1781 67.7 8.21 9 1 149.4
    Jimbo has some connections to and will clean house when given a chance. He has been under some good coaches and knows what it is like in the business.

20. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Where was the FSU program at when Bowden took over??? that's right, it was a joke of a football program. He built FSU football with his bare hands, and this is how you "loyal" fans repay the guy that has given his life to your school... wow.

21. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

What connections he is a Bowden disciple. Coached by Terry worked for Terry then Saben and Miles. The reason he is at FSU is because UAB turned him down.

22. KnightNoles

ECU's DC, may try to bring back Kevin Steele, he know Saban and Miles and whoever he worked with there. Theres an ex-coach outta Rutgers that knows how to recruit well in the south while under Schiano, may bring him in to coach LBs. Wouldnt mind seeing him bring back Derrick Brooks to coach LBs.. Im sure he has others too.

23. BDSDIGITAL

I agree with the thought that there are too many chiefs in the teepee though for sure. I just think you should interview several guys before coming to a final decision, just my opinion.

24. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Wow. I can't imagine ever having feelings like that for Bo Schembechler or even Lloyd Carr.

25. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Again I am not trying to come across as hypocrite saying in one sentence Bobby is a Legend and then posting this but I am a Hurricane fan and thought it was kinda funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qm23srD0RI