Let me know what you guys think on this personnel quandary

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Let me know what you guys think on this personnel quandary

I have a player that was stuck at TE behind several better (well... better blocking) tight ends when he was younger, and he was 88 speed so I moved him to WR. He is now my #2 WR but we use a lot of 2 TE sets and I'd love to get him involved in the offense more as the #2 TE. He's a better blocker than my other option as the backup TE, too. The reason I bring this up is just so everybody knows that he is originally a tight end in this game, no faster/more athletic than Logan Thomas, etc.

So if you see that I'm not trying to cheese you I'm just trying to get a very dangerous tweener weapon on the field.

Let me know if anybody has a problem with this one.

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I have a huge problem with it. No freakin way can you play a TE at TE that has been a WR back to a TE. No.

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Didn't vatech move a 90 speed wide receiver to quarterback with no questions asked?

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

haha... Well it wouldn't be an absolute move. He's still my #2 WR it's just that when I go to a 1 WR, 2 TE set he's still in the game. And he's the requisite size/strength since he WAS a TE to begin with, and he's only gained 1 speed point his entire career.

I just didn't want somebody to see it later and not know what was going on. And if somebody gets their panties in a wad I'll just leave Geremy Brown as the #2 TE...

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I really don't care that much as long as you don't abuse it. Like throw to him every 3rd down. I mean Logan Thomas is sometimes my 4th or 5th wr on occasions.

Fuck u colegirl!

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I don't have a problem with it. What's his height/weight

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

[​IMG]

8. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

[​IMG]

9. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

My #2 WR last season was my #2 TE too. Eventually he moved to #3 WR and #2 TE. 89 SPD and bigger than my #3 TE at the time.

I wanted to move him outright to TE but I missed the offseason.

10. jfosh

jfosh Super

There are no restrictions on moving a player to QB. Better hope he can throw the ball. Look at the wetumpka wizzard.

Players at tight end is a area where there are specfic guidelines on whether a player can play in that spot and they need to be adheared to.

Helli are you having him be #2 every time you have 2 tight ends? or is it through the different packages?

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm not on the game right now but he's at least 6'3 230 with 80+ strength. He was originally a tight end and has all the requisite size/strength you'd expect. Yeah I was gonna put him as the #2 TE on my depth chart. I wish I'd never moved him away from it although he's a decent WR...

12. jfosh

jfosh Super

Sounds good to me cause he meets the requirements and has the right positional history. But just wanted to remind everybody there are guidelines and they need to be followed. Dont want to see 195 lb TE's and MLB's. (y)