Let me know what you guys think

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by johngalt11, Nov 26, 2010.

1. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Alright so I just got a new shift for work. It starts on Tuesday. I am going to be working the midnight shift pretty much. I start at 10:30pm and get off at 7am. Eastern Time. For the most part its going to be 5 days a week. Sunday night (Monday morning)----- through Thursday night(Friday morning). The means that Sunday through Thursday I will not be able to start any games after 8pm ET or so. With all of the user games in our league I could see this being a problem. I would love to stay but like I said not sure if it will work or not. So you guys just let me know what you think.

I am just training some people and I dont want to have this shft for long but most likely its going to be a few months.

2. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Obviously I can't speak for everyone but there's no way I would be able to play you M-F.

3. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

I hear ya dude. I understand and I just making sure before I resign. For the record it would actaully be S-Th because I don' go in on Friday nights. So i figure Sundays are a little easier for some guys, but thats still 4 nights during the week that make it tough.

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Well I work most weeknights 7-midnight EST and never had any real problems around here...

5. Bl0ndeRedHead

and by most I mean Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday

6. Full Moon Fever

Well most people don't have as much of an issue with it I think. But it's hard for me to find a way to play before 8 central. Being in the same division kind of sucks bc we'll play every season. I think you should wait until it becomes an issue before resigning, but it's ultimately between you and Dylan.

7. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Maybe you can play after you get off before people go to work? Would you be ok to let users play the cpu this season if they can't get your game scheduled?

8. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

I hear ya dude I am waiting because to be honest I want to stay. But since we were in the middle of an offseason I thought that if it most guys say that it wont work I could give you a chance to find a replacement. But if there is only 1 or 2 guys who will find it difficult to schedule games with me then maybe we can work it out.

9. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

I would play after I got off for sure, but thats like 7 or 8am ET which may be hard for others. I am willing to try and make this work and maybe skip a game or two if need be. I just wanted to leave it up to you guys.

10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah, I have no problem playing between 6 and 8 PM cst... But I'm not playing at 7 in the morning...

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

12. DirtycashDylan

I'm talking about people who get up early for work. We all know Blondy can't be pulled away from his wake-and-bakes.

13. Bl0ndeRedHead

lol my wake-and-bakes occur around noon MT...occasionally you might get a game in with me at 7am, but that's just me up from the night before

14. DirtycashDylan

I've done that a few times.

15. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Oh I'm up that early for work, but i'm getting ready...Not gonna jack with playing a game

16. Full Moon Fever

Yeah I'm up by 5:45 and usually at school by 7:15. Not gonna play in the am on a workday. Got no problem playing at 7 am on the weekend though.

17. Bl0ndeRedHead

Only jack with...

well that's just too easy, even for me

18. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

So I found out this midnight shift should be less then a month. Hopefully its not that much but I was happy that they said it shouldn't be long/permanent.

19. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Yea I wouldn't be 2 worried about it as most of us are pretty open scheduling wise. Worse case scenario is you have to get Auto'd once or twice in that month.

20. Full Moon Fever

And on the plus side, you finally got a freaking avatar.