Let us begin the "Sim" debate

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by XWarriorMonk, Oct 9, 2015.

?

What should HaW do?

1. Sim every other season (including playoffs/ superbowl)

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Sim every other season (only regular season)

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. Other or new idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Play straight through (no sim seasons)

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  5. Sim every other season (except the superbowl)

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

We all know HaW is all about simming every other season.... but we need to have an open discussion and vote about what we wanna do....

vote...and if you vote other please include a detailed description of what your ideal plan would be .

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  2. akutozo

akutozo Baby, I'm a Brown.

I'm all for SIMing every other season and allowing the playoffs to be played. If they were SIMmed it wouldn't offend me either.

i think this allows for deeper player development on rookies, which even more important now that the old guard retires so much sooner.

3. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

If we are going to sim, which i think we all agree is something this league does, then I would rather the playoffs be simmed as well so that we don't have that month long break waiting for the same teams to play their games. People lose interest over that time.

• Like Like x 2
  4. kjm007

kjm007 Walk On

I'd prefer to play play offs but coach makes a great point about losing interest, maybe only give a 24 hour period where they can be played so it's much shorter?

5. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

thats unrealistic though....what if a person isn't around for that 1 day that your giving him to play? Are you going to sim a playoff game? Or give the other person a free win against the cpu bc that person is busy?

6. kjm007

kjm007 Walk On

48 hours then? And I was basing that off of being simmed anyways, so at least there's minimal chance of it being played

7. kjm007

kjm007 Walk On

If you're simming everything, allow at least just the super bowl to be played

8. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

kjm007 if you give 2 days per round....the fastest offseasons take 1 week.

Now add 2 days per round. Thats another 8 days and then another week of offseason. Thats 3 weeks of sitting around after the last super bowl was played. Now remember those teams that didn't make playoffs year 1 and add another week on to them. Now those teams are waiting at least 1 month in between games. Tough to keep interest with that long of a break.

9. kjm007

kjm007 Walk On

Fair enough, I change my vote to just super bowl

10. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

Yeah - I was with you last year. Then we lost some guys interested because of such a long sim period.

11. kjm007

kjm007 Walk On

I changed to other for just super bowl being played, troy can you make that an option

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. kjm007

kjm007 Walk On

Everyone re vote my option lol

13. RFF

RFF Walk On

Who did we lose during a sim period? I can't think of a single one, that feels like fear mongering.

To me it's always been crazy to sim playoffs. So many huge games are fun for the league and for the guys whose teams sim into an opportunity to play in those huge games. The point of sim seasons is to give users who excel at team building a bit better chance to get into these situations than those who are strictly awesome users. Simming the playoffs is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. It does get slow for a couple weeks for people who didn't make it, and there definitely will be belly-aching, but the guys who complain the loudest are all still here. Moreover, a short break every 2-3 months can help the league even if guys don't love it at the time. Helps with burnout long-term.

I strongly urge people to vote against simming the playoffs. This league is made up of exciting game memories and players jockeying for the opportunity to play in these playoff games. Eliminating this opportunity during sim seasons defeats the whole purpose of having sim seasons in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

I agree here. Vote for play the playoffs.

15. Hordan54

Hordan54 Walk On

I like play the superbowl only. Keeps the league moving and that game will draw massive interest.

16. RyanRain39

RyanRain39 Walk On

Has the sim regression been fixed to a point we can even talk about the possibility of a sim season?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Other...sim to win imo

18. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I think we should just play. I like the sim season in theory, but the regression issues and the fact that we will lose most of our scouting points makes me think this will be problematic. Additionally, developing players in this years madden is more difficult and that saps the fun a little bit out of shooting for more seasons

• Like Like x 1
  19. SwagKingCole23

SwagKingCole23 Walk On

I think we should just play straight through each season

20. kjm007

kjm007 Walk On

I switched to play in through each season, I didn't know this was a serious option for the league. With the issues wi the sim I think this will be best

21. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

I want everyone to remember this league was founded with the original intent to sim every other season. Do we really wanna change one of the original core guidelines that brought users to the league to begin with.

I voted sim regular season only

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

My concern is with the limitations of the game. The idea of simming seasons and getting more drafts and offseason a is awesome, I just don't want to draft a stud tackle, sim year 2 and see his pass block at 72......

• Like Like x 1
  23. kjm007

kjm007 Walk On

Is this a proven problem? If so I'm inclined to play

24. akutozo

akutozo Baby, I'm a Brown.

Honestly, I didn't see any of those issues in the recent offline CFM that I played. I did see bad players giving up a lot of sacks, but not like before. EA did claim they fixed the lineman regression issue. i am inclined to believe that they did.

25. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

We are edging nearer to making a decision, please make sure your vote is correct and recorded. If anyone has new ideas, add them as well. Thanks!