Lets get a Head Count

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by xx Vols xx, Sep 16, 2010.

1. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Lets get a Head Count

Its been kind of dead around here for a while now. We are approaching Season 2 and just wondering who is in & who is out.

With a smaller league we may be better of just going with 1 Conference. I dont care...And I know Colts does not either. We just want a sucessful League that everyone wants to play in and have fun with.

So with that said lets get some input from everyone that plans on sticking around, and what you want to do. We can keep it the same, go with 1 Conference. If you want 1 Conference..Which one?

Noone will be flamed for speaking their mind or stating an opinion..

We need to know what you guys want

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Obviously i am here and i definately don't care which way we go. I will be busy soon getting bball site up and rolling but will be around here alot as well. This is why i got a co commish because my life is going to be hectic for a month or two. I will get more people here soon. Yes we do need to know who is staying around. So we know how many people we need to try to get to fill this league

3. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

I'm in for the haul. Happy with the set-up now as long as everyone stays active.

4. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

Im in for the haul, I would prefer to keep things as is, because what else am I spending all this time recruiting for?

5. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

I'm in too, ready to go as far as the conference goes, I kinda agree with JD... but I'm good to go

6. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Ok cool, looks like everyone wants to keep things the same. And your right about the damn recruting. It gets old but you gotta do it.

If you guys know anyone thats interested send them this way.

7. JDBattleMC

I actually LIKE recruiting. I look forward to it every week. I am a nerd.

8. Fisker

Fisker Walk On

to be perfectly honest since it looks like there is a core of players spread out among two conferences i don't see myself continuing for season 2. i played one user v. user game all season. if i wanted to play for the love of the school or something like that it might be a reason to stay but i play online so i can play versus other humans, i can do an offline franchise anytime. i don't want to say talk is cheap but with nba, nhl, madden and ncaa almost all in full swing the first game people usually leave by the wayside is ncaa. it's not going to be easy and frankly i don't even think possible for us to find new owners for season 2. i have a few friends that might be interested but i know they won't take over year 2 teams.

keep me posted on what everyone decides because it really hasn't been a very fun year for me....

9. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I completely understand man, I too prefer playing user games Thats why I suggested going 1 Conference But like I said its up to you guys. If you want to switch over to Conf USA, you would be welcome to do so.

I have had several user games this year

10. rflagg905

rflagg905 Guest

I am in but also worry about all the new games that are soon due. Also with thanksgiving and xmas almost here that might slow down some of us being able to play as much as we can now. I would also like to play more human games this season.I can see how it might be hard to get new blood who will take a year 2 team but if we all get in CUSA it might be better.

11. JDBattleMC

I had a ton of U v U games scheduled in C-USA.

12. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

I just like to play the game...whatever is best for our league as a whole I am good with...I was just stating a preference to continue on with the team I've been getting to know...But I can roll either way, especially if it helps the speed with which we advance

13. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

I'm here to stay an down for any direction the league decides to go.

14. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Sounds like most want to keep the staus quo. Thats cool with me...If anyone wants to switch teams over to Conf USA for more USER games, I'M sure we can accodomate you

Looks like we only have 2 MAC users left which sucks. If my counting is correct.

15. NDCOLTS1979

Yeah conf usa is the place to go for more user games for sure. So u want user games go to conf usa

16. Fisker

Fisker Walk On

i'll probably be bowing out than. i'm already part of a dynasty that is conference USA

17. JDBattleMC

Dont quit on something dude. What if your kids looked you in the eye and said "Dad, can I quit?"

You can NEVER say "You CAN'T QUIT son, because I never quit on anything". Because you quit on this.

*note - Im SUPER smashed

*second note: I believe this no matter what. Don't quit on us, I would NEVER quit on you.

18. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Friends Don't Let Friends Post Drunk :HoosierHoo:

19. JDBattleMC

Totally sober now. Stand by that post. Quitting is for quitters.

20. Fisker

Fisker Walk On

truly inspiring words. i don't have kids but if i did and little johnny wanted to quit an ncaa VIDEO GAME league because he was in basically the exact same league elsewhere, i would let him "quit".

i'm guessing you're not a professional athlete so at some point you had to "quit" playing sports. what will you tell your kids?

finishing out a season and leaving because the league you joined is changing is not being a quitter

21. JDBattleMC

A)I played hockey and lacrosse in college, I still play both those sports and I will do so until I am physically unable to do so. Had you lost your job, or your internet, or your PS3 broke - that would not be quitting.

B) The league isn't changing. You can stay in the MAC and the commish can schedule you a 2 additional U v U games, and you would have the additional MAC U v U games. If your entire schedule, or all of ours, consisted of U v U, we would NEVER be able to advance.

22. Fisker

Fisker Walk On

never played basketball, baseball, football ? if not playing something because you choose not to anymore is quitting, i'm sure you've done that

i couldn't disagree more with user v. user games slowing things down, how do 32 team madden franchises advance every 2-3 days? this would actually be easier because you only need to keep track of 12 owners not 32.

playing the computer is a drag, the league has changed, imo will be the same way next season with people coming and going just like they already have. if it's exclusive conf. usa like i have said before i'm out. there were talks of moving to another conference we could all be in and i was for it. i can afford to be picky because i don't NEED to have another ncaa dynasty.

23. NDCOLTS1979

Your all giving me a headache lol. Frisker i understand exactly what u are saying and don't blame you for leaving or staying. Its 100 percent up to you and i will just have to try and kick your ass with my shitty chiefs lol.

24. Andrews

Andrews Walk On

Hey guys. I "should" be flying back home this Friday, barring any mishaps today and tomorrow. Sucks that the league kinda fell apart. Let me know what teams are available and what going on.

Thanks

25. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Hey man, Welcome back

Not sure who is available right now, Will let you know. Alot of teams in the MAC are open. USA is tightening up. I do know that Houston is available.