Let's Get Started

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OK guys,

We have the advantage of having a smaller number of players at the outset, so that gives us a chance to cater the league to our liking a little better than others. Why don't we start with a list of wants, and see if we can meet those wants. I have a couple of ideas that might be interesting:

1. It's getting later in the year, and guys are going to start dropping out of leagues, and leagues are going to start going away. What if we countered this by removing some of the focus on user games, maybe demanding two instead of the typical three? That way, we could join any conference we like, as long as we have one other person in it, and still get the rivalries going, yet saving some of the hold ups that tend to come from scheduling user games every week.
    2. Weekly, or bi-weekly tweaks in the sliders. If we lessen the user interaction a bit, this could help us control runaway stats and such.
    3. A 48 hour, no-fuss advance schedule - it'll give us a chance to get a few seasons in before the new launch, and if we don't penalize people for taking a sim or two, it'll keep things moving.
    4. A simple way to generate content, like the screen shots people are pulling from their game summaries. If it's easy, it'll get done with more regularity.
    Just a few thoughts. We should probably get a list of teams together, also.

Look forward to kicking this thing off.

AG

2. Goose

Goose Walk On

1. 2 is good.
    2.I like this
    3. no prob.
    4. sounds good.

I'd like Nebraska.

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I think we are at a point where we could start this thing...I am going to be at my PS3 tonight around 11 est and could get this going...Do you guys think we should restart? If that is the case it is done..I will send all of y'all an invite and we can get this thing going...

I am going with Florida myself...Their isn't a spread team I like more and finding that next Tebow is going to be fun in recruiting.

4. RJ Emeka

RJ Emeka Walk On

heading to work. will decide on what team to take when i get home in the afternoon.

5. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Okay, I sent out invites last night...the name is "shotgun express". I have a few ideas to implement.

1. Recruiting changes: I want to change the rules that govern school's recruiting in this dynasty. All schools with a presitge ranking of 4 stars and below have no restrictions. Recruit as many players as you want, cut as many as you want, build a winner.
    2. Schools with a 5 star prestige ranking can now recruit 4 five star players rather than the current limit of three. However, the 5 star programs will still only be allowed to sign up to 71 total players and cannot cut any 4 star or 5 star recruits.
    3. Schools with a a 6 star prestige ranking have to abide by the old rules. A limit of 3 five star players, can only sign up to 71 total players and cannot cut any 4 or 5 star recruits.

My rationale is to allow the lower star teams a chance to build up quicker and to limit the big dogs (like myself at Florida) from running away with things.

6. Goose

Goose Walk On

I like recruiting rules.

7. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

you like these in particular? Or the prior rules?

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

Rules in general, I've been in a few leagues where there are no restrictions on 5* recruits and have pulled down alot. It really makes you value the recruits and figure out which ones you really want. Your new rules look great. Should help the lower stared schools out.

9. RJ Emeka

RJ Emeka Walk On

I'm really torn on who to take. I'm gonna let people fill in spots and then that'll make my decision easier. I would like to reserve Oregon State though.

10. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

That was my rationale too, help the little guys. Realistically not many 4 star schools will be able to bring in many 5 star recruits, but they will be able to clean up on 3 and 4 star players who end up being the back bone of your team. The higher star teams will have a little tougher time because of the limits but from my experience it is tough getting 3 five star players to commit.