Lets go Inside the Huddle (Bye Week edition)...

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by OMlawdog, Nov 2, 2012.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

So 25% of the season is almost in the books and already there are some interesting story lines developing this season. Lets start with the early surprises:

Houston Texans : 0-4? That is not a misprint. The Texans who were a playoff team are 0-4 and are struggling mightily reaching the endzone. The joke around Houston is that the Texans couldn't score in a women's prison with a pocket full of pardons. They have scored 46 points in 4 weeks, so yeah, things are rough in Houston. There is a lot of talk that the Texans made a major mistake in letting Matt Schaub go, and now they have resigned him hoping to reignite the Houston offense.

Lets stay in the AFC South, and take a look at the Tennessee Titans and their 1-3 start. They have lost some close game, but last year's playoff contender has taken an early step backwards and need to regroup. They have lost Kenny Britt for several weeks, so things may get worse before they get better.

The two positive surprises in the AFC are two teams that drafted in the top 10. Jacksonville and San Diego both struggled last year, but this year they are a combined 6-1 and on top of each division. Jacksonville's rookie rushing attack is spear heading a solid offense that is also led by Mike Thomas and Justin Blackmon.

Moving to the NFC, the biggest surprise has to be the NY Giants and their 0-4 start. Right now Eli is looking like he is back at Ole Miss and struggling to score points. Its still early, but there is a lot of concern in Metropolis.

One city where there is no concern is San Francisco. SF is 4-0 and simply dominating. They are giving up less than 15 points a game. Offensively they are scoring over 27 points a game and right now are just making it happen. Right now they are clearly the best team in the NFC.

Another solid surprise in the NFC is the emergence of the Washington Redskins who are at 3-1 and looking good. RGIII is playing at a pro bowl level and there is talk around Washington that they expect to be a playoff team.

Here is my Power Poll at the first quarter of the season:

1) San Francisco 49ers
    2) New York Jets
    3) Green Bay Packers
    4) Pittsburgh Steelers
    5) San Diego Chargers

I know everyone is always looking forward to the draft, and though my sources have not done any scouting so far this season, it does appear on paper to have a nice crop of QB's and RB's, and not as deep at CB's, though this is just looking at box scores and third hand information.

Im OMlawdog and you've just been inside the huddle.

• Like Like x 13
  2. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Classy, as usual.

3. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

good stuff man, don't forget about your team as an early surprise at 3-0!

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

He wants to fly under the radar.. Don't expose him!

5. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

I have to expose him, he is in my division and I want to retain that crown!

6. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

GMen are coming.....eventually.....I hope.

8. thirdalarm

thirdalarm Walk On

The Bears are better then the record shows and im sure many other teams are in that boat. The first game was closer than the score would show with the Broncos and flyinhi. The other loss came to NT and the Saints with 28 seconds left, so "dont feed the bears!"

9. thirdalarm

thirdalarm Walk On

Man! another last second loss for the Bears with time running out the Lions kick a game winning FG.... FML! good game wings! Black n Blue......

10. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Great stuff Lawdog!