Lets go Inside the Huddle (Draft Day edition)...

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by OMlawdog, Dec 6, 2012.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

So am I ready for the draft?

Let me ask Bart Scott?

[​IMG]

So what are we hearing from around the league? Here is what Im hearing:

First - With the Cardinals signing Bolden and Warner, its possible the Cardinals won't be drafting a QB or WR with either of their first round picks. Should be interesting with Warner probably only giving the Cardinals one year, its a very interesting decision they are faced with; In speaking with New Orleans new coach it was interesting his choice of attire:

[​IMG]

Apparently there are some issues in New Orleans.

Here are some things we are hearing:

Don't try and join the AFC North, that division is an arms race and everyone is loading up. All four teams are trading up and trying to land impact players. If you are in that division, you can't try and reload without this happening to you all season:

[​IMG]

Basically the draft order might as well have been written in sand, trades are happening fast and furious and apparently every team in the AFC North and the Cardinals own every pick in the top half of the draft.

The Cowboys are pulling an old Jimmy Johnson move and trying to own the rounds 2-4; Should be interesting to see what they do to build around Hurns. Apparently Coach BobJr is having a difficult time getting GM's to take his calls after stealing a player from another GM who wants to remain anonymous.

There is a lot of talk of teams trading up to grab either an impact QB or impact WR. There 3-4 impact QB's in this year's draft and 3 of them may be taken by pick 10. If you want a QB apparently you better make your move early.

As of now, there is an investigation into the competency of the Eagles new head coach. Random postings on twitter and facebook have been confirmed to have been by SteamboatReb and there is some talk he will be coaching next year in one of these:

[​IMG]

Personally I think the Hannibal Lectre mask is a bit much, but Im biased.

Teams are still looking to trade down, but some teams haven't looked at a draft value chart and are apparently trading back for bags of balls and various SWAG.

Folks it is going to be an interesting draft, I don't believe anyone is telling the truth and who the hell knows who will be available when every team picks.

Get your popcorn ready.

Im OMlawdog, and you have just been inside the huddle.

• Like Like x 7
  2. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

O Ye of Little Faith. It will all come together and make sense. I am about 60% sure it will make sense tona at least a quarter of the league. This does not factor in those who are accustomed to such ramblings and know to either ignore them or enjoy them quietly.

So what time does the draft start tomorrow night?

3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

The fact that someone in this league may be trusting you to make their picks is funny.

4. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

[​IMG]

5. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Its more of a being forced into trusting me due to circumstances out of our control. I think ryty and I will be the likely favorites for Co-GM of the Year based the decisions we make tonight. I picture us an unlikely duo in the same vein as:

[​IMG]

ryty is probably thinking more along these lines:

[​IMG]

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I watched this movie all the time.

7. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

The burning question which one of us in Tango and which is Cash? I smell a HK afternon poll!

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Ry is definitely Tango.

9. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Man...Cash is cool I guess, but Tango carries the Gronk in that duo.

10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

But, from my recollection doesn't Cash not only get with a particular girl *I will save the relationship of this woman to another character for those who want to watch this flim* , but he also DRESSES as a girl?