Lets go Inside the Huddle (Opening week edition)...

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by OMlawdog, Oct 26, 2012.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Feb 10, 2009
    So week 1 is finally here and after a way too long excursion, real NFL football is back and better than ever. Its been an eventful preseason and here are the things Im hearing around the NFL.

Several coaches weren't surprised when the coach of the Packers retired recently, and apparently he won't be missed. Several coaches talked about shady calls and inability to get along with others both inside and outside the organization. Only one coach went on the record, and that was Coach OMlawdog who stated, "He is the only coach that i know of that slid down on the 2 yard line when down seven with less than two minutes left, that type of cheeze play isn't what the NFL is all about."

As to the on the field action, people are wondering if Andrew Luck and RGIII will make the leap this year. Both QB"s looked great last season, and some are wondering if they are your pro bowl QB's already.

Also, the beginning of the season always means two things, Predictions and Rookies to watch. Based on recent developments here are your rookies to watch:

1) Tanner Hurns, Starting QB Dallas Cowboys. Team Jerry Jones let Tony Romo go this week and has put his 1 billion dollar car in the hands of the rookie QB. When reached for comment, Romo stated, "Lets see him win a game in the playoffs." When reached for comment Coach BobJr stated, "That was the problem, we need a QB that can win more than one game in the playoffs in his career." Romo was not able to respond to that comment;

2) Devontry Wilson, WR New Orleans Saints- The Saints gave away their first rounder this year, to trade up to land this prized WR, and expect him to be targeted early and often.

3) Sam Jackson & Enoch Williams, St Louis Rams - Both were top 10 picks, and both are immediate starters. Look for both guys to play a lot this season.

4) Bubba Logan and Aaron Cane Jacksonsvile and Ny Giants- Both OG's have shown that they were worth their first round pick status, and have both cemented themselves in the starting lineup and don't expect to leave for about a decade.

5) Bryan Zabel, Oakland Raiders - If you are looking for a sleeper Rookie of the year candidate, look no further Zabel has been outstanding for the Raiders in the preseason.

6) DeRay Ray and Tobias Bray, RB's Jacksonville - Both players are expected to carry the load this year, but people have been stunned with Bray's ability and he may steal a lot of carries.

7) Marvin Krunch, MLB Denver Broncos - Despite his injury, Krunch has looked great in Denver and showed his ability to play a full game recently. Look for Krunch to put his name up for Defensive Rookie of the year.

On to predictions:

AFC South - Tennessee Titans
    AFC North - Pittsburgh Steelers
    AFC East - New England
    AFC West - Denver Broncos

NFC South - New Orleans Saints
    NFC North - Green Bay
    NFC East - New York Giants
    NFC West - SF 49ers

Look for the 49ers to make a Super Bowl run and defeat a strong Tennessee Titans team.

For now I'm OMlawdog, and you've just been inside the huddle.
    • Like Like x 12
  2. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Nov 30, 2011
    Featured Threads:
    Excellent read, per usual!
  3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Sep 12, 2009
    Excellent read rt Sam Ackerman of the bills was left off of the rookies again though. He is the reason I changed my offensive thinking this season. :)
  4. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Aug 30, 2011
    awesome work lawdog, love it!
  5. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Aug 18, 2012
  6. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Nov 26, 2010
    Curtis Dozier. Learn the name.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

Sep 12, 2012
    Packers win the North? :eek:

I'll do my best, but no promises lol

8. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

Jul 12, 2012
    great work.. but i gotta ask why everyone thinks mlb krunch injury is so low..its a 90 :p