Lets go Inside the Huddle (Pre-Draft Scoop)...

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by OMlawdog, Oct 19, 2012.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

With the draft less than 60 hours away, there are rumors flying fast and furious regarding what is going to happen in the top half of the draft, and the early word is TRADE;

Just yesterday two blockbuster trades went down with the Minnesota Vikings jumping up to 12 overall and the big trade of the day, the NY Jets jumping all the way up to number 5 giving up first and second rounders this year, and next. Throw in the fact that the Saints jumped up all the way to 10 and you have a very interesting draft.

Obviously the Jets must have someone in mind if they are going to trade all the way up to five and basically give up drafting next year. The Jets could go in a number of directions like WR, QB, HB or even a CB now that Cromartie is on the block. In talking with several sources throughout the league, no one can really get a feel for where the Jets are going, but obviously they do.

RIght now the early mystery of the draft is who goes first overall. The Chiefs management team have been on lockdown since before the playoffs and despite public pressure to draft the franchise QB, there is some talk that the Chiefs GM could take someone that hasn't been mentioned yet. Will the Chiefs announce their pick before the draft? Anyone's guess.

Also, the Raven's are very quiet at pick 4, it could be due to the team still being devastated from the loss of two future hall of famers in Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. Its possible that Papa Perry is on a sabbatical while trying to adjust to losing these marquee players. Looking at the Ravens roster its not clear in what direction they are going to go.

The team with the most TV time in the first round is the St. Louis Rams, and they have been active on the phone trying to gauge interest in the Number 3 pick, and there has been some interest, but so far no real offers. There are rumors circulating that the Rams and Bills had a pre-draft deal, but that it fell through after the Bills traded for Toby Gerhart. As for now, the Rams need a ton of help on both offense and defense there is no telling where they could go.

One team that has been open about what they want is the San Diego Chargers who's own GM let it be known that there team needs help in the secondary. Obviously this is a great draft to be looking for a corner, but only if you are drafting in the top 10. Corners will be going fast and with the Chargers running a 3-4 defense, there is only one corner in the draft that played in a 3-4 defense in college and that is All American Xavier Simmons who's shined at the combine. Simmons is the corner that every team that runs a 3-4 defense wants, and there is no telling who takes him, but no one expects him to last past pick 5.

Another mystery team in the top 10 is the Philadelphia Eagles who hold the 8th pick in the draft and who's team on paper looks really salty. Defense looks good, WR's are solid, OL is a veteran but talented group, there are really few if any holes on this team. With the 8th pick overall, the eagles could go in a number of directions, but so far no one has any clue what that direction will be. Some say a Safety, some say OL, but its clear that these are just guesses.

Finally the Dallas Cowboys are sitting at 11 and with the flurry of free agent activity this offseason, there is very little that people know about the Cowboys first round pick. With Dez Bryant more than likely to be arrested within the next 6 months, there is some talk the Cowboys go WR in the first round. There are rumors that the Cowboys brought in a top 5 player for a workout just yesterday, but those reports are unconfirmed. The player is unknown, but obviously the Cowboys must be considering making a move into the top 5, who for is anyone's guess.

For now Im OMlawdog, and you've just been inside the Huddle.

• Like Like x 15
  2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Great stuff man. I look forward to seeing more of this.

3. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Great job!

4. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

All that being said, any of you who know me are aware that whether on the field, in the forum or on AIM, my only the only thing predictable about me is that I am unpredictable. Fuck, I don't even know what I am gonna do most of the time. However, I do have one consistent trait. I love a good mutha fuckin' trade. Real life has forced me to spend some time away.

Now, I am back. I AM READY TO GET MY TRADE ON!!!!

So, come at me boys. If you like a Patriot, he could be yours. I am about to come at some of you.

5. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Great job!

6. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I just feel like this video clip is just continuously being played through your head 24/7.

Am I right or wrong?

7. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

great stuff bro

8. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Awesome job man

9. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

WTF... Where are the women?

10. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

You don't need women with characters like that....those guys are the Gronks of the Navy...Rossovich is a specimen

11. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Right movie, wrong clip and thread. The wingman clip belongs in hk lounge
    :)

13. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads: