Let's Make a Deal

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Let's Make a Deal

Recruiting Question:

I'm having a hard time recruiting a running back. Of the guys who want to play for me, most are either out of bounds speed-wise, or JUCO guys, and OSU doesn't take JUCO guys, so in an attempt to play sim, I'm leaving them be.

Here's my question:

There's a three star guy I like, but he's an A- speed and acc guy (probably a 89-93 in both). The rules say I can't look at him. But, if I were willing to give up a four-star slot (recruit a three like he was a four) would that be kosher in the eyes of the league?

That's it. If I'm willing to pay a four star price for a three star guy, can I?

AG

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I personally would say no. This is not a bad idea, but it opens the door for other exceptions to be made down the road. This is just my opinion though, and obviously I am cool with whatever the majority wants to do.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I can see your point. It does open up a can of worms. My only issue is that it really restricts the guys I can look at. I'll manage either way, but it's a thin year at the HB spot.

4. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

I will transfer to you a 89 ovr Freshman RB with good size and great speed for your 4-2-5 playbook and a stack of "Shut the Hell Up" cards...deal?:p

5. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I'm with Basis here. I wanted a two star in the same situation and was shot down quick (props to Raz on enforcing rules) I think you do this you see guys give up 5 stars for 2 3 stars both with A- Speed and so on. I know I'm not in this conference but it will open up the east for the same suggestions.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm cool with it. I see the possibility for many more problems than it's probably worth.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ladies and gentlemen, overzealous recruiting rules!

JK... whatever makes it fun for you guys... :)

edit: should say, in every dynasty I ever ran, I had to make recruiting rules just to have decent cpu games; Hence I'm kinda enjoying the cut-throat nature of Tradition 1 recruiting..... Maybe next year I'll be down for some rules to keep the cpu competitive.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I vote no.

9. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I vote no because of the can of worms deal but I do vote yes on making it much easier by just saying no A+ speed offensive recruits. If there is an A speed 2 star recruit at WR, go ahead and play him. I will have DB's that are just as fast and your guy will probably drop half the passes thrown his way.
    I assume this will be one of the first things we look at when 2010 comes out, to see if the speed restrictions are still necessary on O.

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I agree with J-blitz on this one, I would say no on this exception, but I do think you should be able to recruit speed as long as its not A+. I had a 2 star A speed guy in KO's dynasty and he couldn't catch a thing, but every once in a while he would have a big play, which is completely realistic.

11. ReagleBeagle

ReagleBeagle Guest

i vote no for the stated reasons. we are limiting ourselves in sake of competitive CPU games.

12. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Serious questions here about the rules.
    1. User catch on O and D are still allowed, correct?

2. There are no speed restrictions on defense, correct?

3. We are allowed to sim parts of games but is not a good excuse for scoring over 65 or putting up stupid stats, correct?

13. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Yep, those all seem right. If there was a discussion on simming parts, it was before I was around.

14. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I'd say that's right.

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I was under the impression that there is to be no simming of any parts of a game. I could be wrong though, and you guys know that it wouldn't be the first time :D

16. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Only discussion I have ever seen was when someone went over 65 points because they simmed the 4th.

It was then stated that that was not an excuse and a small recruiting penalty was enforced.