Lets Meet The Users / Roll Call

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Sep 21, 2010.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Lets Meet The Users / Roll Call

The Commish wants to see more discussion in the forum. I don't really know what to say in the general discussion forum since I haven't been home to watch any football games. So I figured I would start a new thread introducing ourselves because we have seen some turnover over the past few weeks.

As you all should know I am an alum of Washington State University. After undergrad I attended the University of Idaho College of Law and earned my J.D. Since then I bumped around the State of Washington ending up in Montesano/Aberdeen area, which is about 30 minutes from the coast. I work as a prosecuting attorney for the City of Aberdeen. I have been married for a little over a year to a Husky (she is a wanna be coug) and in late June I became a father. My child was diagnosised with skeletal dysplasia (dwarfism), and recently was informed he is "hard of hearing". He is not completely deaf, but had moderate hearing loss and will need hearing aids in both ears.

2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Since I'm feeling lazy I'll copy and paste mine from the get to know ya's thread in the locker room :p

Name: Michael Timpe
    Hometown: Swanton, Ohio

I'm currently going into my senior year at Bluffton University and majoring in information systems. Bluffton is a small division 3 school (around 1500 students) and I play soccer and run track there. For soccer I play outside mid and have been a starter since about midway through my freshman year, though our teams haven't had the most success. In track I do triple jump, 800, and both the 4x1 and 4x4 relays. Next year I'm hoping to finish in the top 3 in the conference in triple jump, I've only been doing it for a year and finished 9th last year so I have a lot of room to improve.

I've been playing video games since I was able to hold the controller (According to my parents I would try to play Super Mario Bros when I was about 2) and have always been really into the sports games. Last year was my first year doing any type of online franchise or dynasty and they all seemed to die out quickly... I'm also a part of the competitive community in Mario Kart Wii, so I do have some experience with the organizational aspects of online gaming.

After I graduate college next year I plan on trying to find a job that will pay for grad school, and if not I'll just be looking to find a job hopefully in an IT department of a business or something similar.

[​IMG]
    4x4 team from my sophomore year, finished 3rd in the conference. I'm on the left.

[​IMG]
    High school soccer.

[​IMG]
    College soccer.

3. T-Law10

T-Law10 Wolfpack Coach

I went to school at Humboldt St. University where i graduated with a degree in sports journalism with a minor in computer programming. I became a journeyman instrument tech and worked at a pulp mill for a while before switching to the hospital. My wife and i bought a brand new house a couple years ago and recently had our first child. Like Wazzu my child was born with some problems. Bryson was born with Downs syndrome and club feet. His feet are all fixed and he is relatively healthy now. He just turned one and is the light of my life. I am not a huge video game guy but i've always been into the stats aspect of sports games. So the only free time i have to play i spend in our dynasty, lol. I race quads in my free time and i recently won my 7th advanced disc golf tournament and am now a pro. I plan on playing a lot of big tourneys next year and really love the sport. Otherwise i'm a huge Seattle Seahawk fan, I live in northern cali in a town called Mckinleyville. While i'm often called T-Law, my real name is Tommy

[​IMG]
    Me and my wife

[​IMG]
    Me down the street at the beach

[​IMG]
    riding at the beach

[​IMG]

my son Bryson

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

First: I am using this as a roll call thread (sorry to jack it wazzu haha) But this will be how I determine if people are taking my messages seriously. If people don't show up in here by the end of the offseason I will look to replace them.

Now that I'm done with my boss/hard ass rant:

I am Tyler (prefer TK) and I am your beloved commish. I am currently enrolled at South Dakota State University and am a freshman. I am majoring in History, and plan on teaching it. I also plan on pursuing a seroius coaching career, would really like to make a career out of coaching-preferable in college. I am a huge Nebraska fan, so if they lose feel free to rip on me. I play Xbox regularly (getting into Halo, if you wanna play on some of my maps lemme know, my friends say I am really good at it haha). In high school I was a 3 year starter at MLB for my HS (Huron High School). I earned All-Conference honors my senior year, which was really cool. I think last time I checked I finished with some 260 tackles, 1 interception, and 1 sack. :D

Anyways, I'll get off my soap box now, but am open to any questions you guys have regarding the league, or myself.

5. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Great thread! It's good to get to know a little more about who's in the league, seeing as how I'm getting in here late.

I posted an into thread for myself on the board. Looking forward to the season.

GO UVA!!

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

made my day wazzu haha

8. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

My name is Doug and I live about halfway in between Cleveland and Erie, PA on the beautiful shores of Lake Erie. I started my undergrad at Marietta College, where I played football for two years, DT and DE and FB for a couple days. I finished my undergrad at the University of Toledo (near Timpegoose's hometown of Swanton) and earned a BBA with a concentration in finance. After college, I coached high school football and wrestling for 3 years and worked two jobs - pro shop at a local golf course and laborer in the family business of lawncare and farming grapes. Currently, I work for a Fortune 500 company selling communications equipment for commercial applications - hospitals, schools, universities, banks, stadiums, etc. In my limited free time, I like to golf and fish.

9. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Hey guys. My name is Jesse and I will be the new coach of the South Carolina Gamecocks. I live in PA, but spent 13 years of my life in SC and have family that lives there. I am currently the General Manager of Hotel, am married with 1 child and a 2nd on the way within a few weeks. If Im not doing something with the family, my spare time is either spent watching sports or playing sports on the XBOX.

10. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Name is Matt. I think I'm one of the only guys in TF from Canada. I live in downtown Toronto so my town is probably more "americanized" than where most of you live. I love sports, played very competitive hockey and baseball in the Toronto area. Chose baseball from a young age and had a good chance for full scholly at a few major colleges down south. Blew out the arm in a somewhat gruesome injury and traded in the spikes for a pen and paper. Graduated University of Ontario with a BCOMM Honors degree and now I work in sales for a great company.

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Nice to see you Graves, was worried you fell off on us!

12. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Toronto is a great city. I went up there to visit to watch the Indians and Blue Jays play in the late 90s before I turned 21. I've been to Canada about 10 times and I haven't had a bad time yet.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Remember guys this is a Roll Call as well....If you don't show up you WILL get replaced.

14. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Nah I'm not going anywhere fellas...

I've been around TF now for a couple of years but for the first time I am dealing with a full time job, girlfriend and everything else that comes with life after University while I also work on my MBA....

15. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

Hey fellas,

My Name is Brett, Im 23, and I am a huge football fan. Im from California, I live in the bay area (about 30 miles east of San Francisco). I am currently in the process of getting my paramedic license. I played 4 years of Varsity Water Polo in high school. I'm a huge football fan at both the pro and college level. GO NINERS! Go Stanford!

16. T-Law10

T-Law10 Wolfpack Coach

Niners? Go Seahawks baby!!! lol

17. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

hey everyone i'm Greg, i'm 21 and ready to play. I'm taking over the Auburn Tigers. I'm from Ohio, (Big Browns, Buckeye fan) and a student at Wright State University. I look forward to competiing with you all.

18. Tiger_Stripes86

Tiger_Stripes86 Walk On

Going to be another lazy one and copy my get to know ya thread post...

Sorry in advance I tend to flow when I start talking

Hi guys my name is Corey Mathews and I am 23 and living in Denton Texas. I have lived in Texas about 2 and a half years now but I am originally from Alexandria Louisiana. I also lived in Natchitoches Louisiana for a summer and semester while going to school there. I then lived in Lafayette Louisiana for about 2 years and attended school there for 1 of those years. I really love the culture, food, and diversity of people and things to do in Louisiana. I could eat crawfish, alligator, gumbo, etoufee, oyster, shrimp and all the other cajun food/seafood you could think of every day. I really like all foods though not just cajun and seafood. I eat sushi a couple times a week, I like mongolian girlls, mexican food, really like Thai food, and pretty much anything else (except Chinesse food).

As far as what I want to do with the rest of my life.... who knows. Well actually scratch that, I know what I want to do it's just not something that is guranteed. I was a physical therapy and athletic training major while I was in school but I have since taken a break from college. My first dream was to play 3b for the Houston Astros but that isn't exactly an option anymore :(. So what I want to do now is professional poker. I play a pretty decent amount, a l lot of it online. I have played some of the smaller world series of poker circuit events and really do believe I can do it. What I know for sure though is that I am not one to be sitting in front of a desk all day or in a small office staring at numbers all day.

I am all about sports. I just love everything about sports and competition. I played baseball, football, and did powerlifting in highschool. Baseball is my true pasion though. I got my sports junkie side of me from my dad. He played sports growing up and still played softball and raquetball competitively while I was growing up. I played baseball since I was 4 years old and played all the way through highschool and then a few years after when I played summer and travel leagues and my dad never missed a game he could make it to and wasn't an "away" game. I love to play any sport though really, wether it be baseball, football, basketball, tennis, raquetball, golf, or whatever else.

I also love mma fighting and have started taking classes at a local gym named "Moehler Jiu-Jitsu" here near Dallas Texas. I'm not looking to fight pro or anything it is just an amazing way to stay in shape and lots of fun. I just really enjoy pushing myself to the limits and seeing what i can accomplish when doing so. It's like when you are running and you start to gas but then endorphines kick in and your get your "second wind". That's probably why I am such a sports junkie, I just love good competion and people competing for a common cause.

Most of all I just like doing whatever it is that I am doing with good friends I enjoy being around. I may now have all the answers but I feel that if you surround yourself with the right people and people that you care about and care about you in return and you treat people the right way and never sell yourself short then everything else will fall into place.

Oh yea and my first words were "wide open" watching a saints game with my dad.

[​IMG] Getting ready to hit Bourbon Street the night before the Saints win their 1st Superbowl (The greatest weekend ever) Me on the right

[​IMG] At a bar on Bourbon getting ready to watch the saints beat the colts

[​IMG] In front off the octagon when the UFC came to Dallas

[​IMG] Gotta show 1 reppin LSU atire

19. T-Law10

T-Law10 Wolfpack Coach

I decided to post some pics since others were doing so. THis thread is really cool by the way.