Lets Put On Our "Expert" Hats: NBA Finals 2011

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by JFace907, May 30, 2011.

1. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Ok TSO hoop nerds, lets put on our expert hats and make some predictions. Here's how we do it.

Winner in x amount of games
    Finals MVP
    Finals LVP (Least valuable)
    Finals X Factor

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

With that said, here i go.

Heat in 5
    MVP will be LBJ
    LVP will be Jason Terry (3 point shot will betray him)
    X Factor will be Mike Miller (his shot will be back and his added size will even up the difference)

Disclaimer: I hope i'm wrong on all of these. I will be rooting for the Mavs like they were my Cavs. If you haven't seen what Cleveland fans have been purchasing, here's a pic.

lets-go-mavs-shirt.jpg

3. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Mavs in 7
    MVP: Dirk
    LVP: Bosh lets his nerves get ahold of him again
    X Factor: Peja hitting the 3's

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Miami Heat in 6
    MVP: LeBron James
    LVP: Dirk Nowitzki (Haslem will be very pesky)
    X-Factor: Dwyane Wade (who on Dallas gonna stop him?)

5. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Miami in 7, but if you think Haslem will stop Dirk u crazy

MVP: Miami's Defense
    LVP: Dallas's Defense
    X-Factor: Mike Miller and Mike Bibby 3's/Shawn Marion playing 10 years younger

That being said, go Mavs

6. -4-

-4- Walk On

Mavs in 6.

MVP: Dirk
    LVP: Bosh
    X-Factor: Jason Kidd

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah go Mavs.....

Heat in 6

MVP: Lebron. He looks hungry and all of a sudden he's fucking money in the clutch. Thanks for that in Cleveland you C-Sucker.

LVP: Jason Kidd / Jason Terry. I don't think they'll get shit from the PG spot.

X-Factor: Wade. I don't see where the Mavericks have anyone that can work with him, and I think he'll come back from having little impact in the Chicago series and have a big impact on this one.

8. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Heat in 6

MVP: Lebron
    LVP: JJ Berea will not have a good series against heat
    X-Factor: Bosh, everyone is keying on Lebron and Wade that he sneaks up and drops 30 on you.

9. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Good call on Berea. They played great team defense against Rose the entire ECF series.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Not stop or contain Dirk but be a pesk. All you need is someone that is in Dirk's face for 48 minutes that enjoys playing defense. Then again like we said on AIM its if Dirk can control those nerves that normally bother him during the playoffs. He's done well so far so only time will tell.

11. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

No doubt man... I expect the same for all the mavs guards.

12. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Dirk has nerve issues in the playoffs? Really? I swear sometimes I wonder what sport you are watching.

Dude averages 26 pts and 10 rebounds a game for his playoff career, while shooting 46% from the field, 39% from 3 point range and 89% from the FT line. That's in 118 playoff games, so it's not a fluke. Like him or not, the guy is one of the best playoff performers this league has ever seen, but unfortunately he is remembered only for 3 poor games in 2006 in the finals and a bad series vs Golden St in 2007.

BTW - love the revisionist history on your signature. I don't recall hardly anyone on here stating that the Heat were going to flame out in the playoffs or do worse than the Bulls or Heat (except for Hova, and nearly everyone on here told him he was nuts for thinking the Heat wouldn't get out of round 2). I do however remember you claiming that Durant was only a chucker and not that great a player. LBJ is a hell of a player, and has really shown up in the playoffs, which is a surprise and only makes his flameout last year vs Boston look that much more of a quit-job than most thought it was, but to say you were the only guy who thought they were a finals front-runner is a joke. Vegas odds and most experts were picking them as well, so congrats for being on the bandwagon.

Just had to get that off my chest and I'm not going to engage you in any NBA discussion from here on out. I should have learned my lesson when you claimed over a year ago that Antoine Walker was a better player than Larry Bird.

Anyhow - back to the point of the thread - I think the Mavs take this in 6. If they continue to make outside shots like they have all playoffs that will negate some of what the Heat do on defense and I feel like they have enough bodies to throw at Wade/Lebron to keep them busy. If the Mavs win, Dirk will be the MVP. The x-factor to me is Bosh - if he plays like he did in the Bulls series it could completely change the tenor of the finals, since the Mavs have limited post guys who move well enough to guard him.

• Like Like x 1
  13. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Jason Kidd.

He handled both Kobe Bryant in big situations as well as Kevin Durant late in games. They call him their go-to defender.

14. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Disclaimer: I don't know the first thing about the NBA

Heat in 5
    MVP: LeBron James
    LVP: Shawn Marion
    X Factor: Chris Bosh rebounding

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You just pointed out two points of where he 'failed' in big spots but said nerves don't get to him. Hmm, the NBA Finals and the year he was named the MVP. So keep looking up stats on NBA.com to make yourself feel like a better person in the morning, but he choked when it mattered. The star gets credit for winning and he gets credit for losing. You know this. Your hatred for the Heat has blinded you and the rest of America into thinking this man is the second coming of christ. If he is so unstoppable, like some claim he is, he would of won a championship already. If he is that dominant, he would of won. Plain and simple. He has another opportunity to win one but against a talented Miami team it will be more of a team effort than a Dirk highlight reel.

I was in the minority on TSO when pointing those things out. I still maintain the fact that Kevin Durant is a shooter, nothing else. What did he do on the defensive end to help his team? Go see what I said about him BEFORE the Dallas series and then read what was said about him AFTER the Dallas series. Things that are damn near the same. Go find (pretty sure it was on here) what would happen in the Bull's series. Amazingly, they happened. I don't know basketball, right? I swear y'all dudes are like my boy A, watch a hour of Sportscenter and then feel like y'all are sport gurus. If you repeat what I just watched on television you are not a great thinker, just a great listener.

And the comparison with Walker and Bird was the fact that he hit more 3P over his career than Bird. I'm pretty sure I was making the point of why Larry Bird wasn't this mystical 3P shooter as some say he is. Go find the thread. Find the information. You continue to challenge/change my words instead of reading them and fully understanding them. Maybe you were too busy labeling me a racist at that point, I'm not sure.

Edit: Keep on topic. Debating against me will cause you to fail over and over. Unless you love to wade in failure lets just keep this on Miami vs. Dallas. You aren't built for a basketball discussion with a diehard basketball fan. In fact, I'm going to call you Skip Bayless, just hating for no reason.

Edit #2: In case you were wondering, yes I agree with Scottie Pippen's assessment of LeBron James. LeBron, if he continues at his current statistical pace, will be the greatest player (until he is unseated) to ever touch the rock. He effects every aspect of the game. Scoring, passing, rebounding, and defense. 94 feet. If you can't play at a high level for 94/48 than you are not a ball player. Kudos to Pippen.

Who is going to handle Wade for the other 43-46 minutes?

16. Dru50

I can't help myself, so....tell me how this argument doesn't also condemn your boy Lebron for failing year after year with the Cavs? I'm genuinely curious....

17. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

dru, if you just read the quote by itself, one would infer that he actually is speaking about lebron

18. Dru50

Exactly my point.

If Lebron is the god among men on the basketball court that Jerzey claims he is, then why oh why couldn't he ever win a championship before now? For that matter, if Jerzey is so much more the knowledgeable fan than the rest of us peons and the morons who get paid to report/opine on the NBA, why isn't ESPN beating down his door with a job offer?

But what do I know? I'm only a casual basketball fan who watches Sportscenter and never actually views the games themselves......:rolleyes:

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm sorry but your Lebron James action figure now comes equipped with these accessories....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Stop wandering off into the past. We're talking about now. See Skip, you're trying to turn this into a LeBron thing when we were clearly discussing Dirk. By the way, a smart man I once typed with on the internet had this to say about LeBron so far in these playoffs:

20. Dru50

Way to completely avoid the question.

And BTW, Dirk has also played very well in these playoffs, but I guess you don't want to give credit to anyone not nick-named "the king". Also, if you care to go back and look I picked the heat to go to the finals before the playoffs started, so you can drop the "oh, you hate lebron" argument and try to come up with something based in actual facts.....oh wait, that's just not your style.

21. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Deshawn Stevensen. I see Kidd guarding Wade most of the 2nd half and some of the first, with Jason Terry guarding Chalmers.

• Like Like x 1
  22. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Winner in x amount of games: Mavs in 7
    Finals MVP: Dirk
    Finals LVP (Least valuable): Anthony
    Finals X Factor: Peja;)/Haywood /Chalmers

I think the Mavs depth, especially the bigs, will give Miami a tough time. Miami will have to hit their jump-shots to win. The Mavs kind of beat up on the Heat in the regular season, but
    both teams are playing really well right now (thats the craziest thing about a playoff, right?) so I'd say its a toss-up... but old-guys win in the playoffs... so Mavs edge the Heat by way of 4th quarter runs by Dirk & co.

23. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Winner: Mavs in 5
    MVP: Rirk (of course)
    LVP: Wade- I say he scores 17 ppg on about 35% shooting
    X Factor: Deshawn Stevenson gonna light it up

24. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Ehh, that could work but I think Wade is just too good for Stevenson to make much of a difference. Plus, I don't see Stevenson getting more time over Terry or Kidd. If Dirk is on point, yeah that could work because they wouldn't need Terry or Kidd's scoring but if he's struggling I think Stevenson doesn't see too much time.

Today is game day. Two more weeks of ball, sad time of year for me.

25. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Maybe D-Wade will be distracted by the $5 bill tatted on Deshawn's throat?